How I lost all faith in this game series(SPOILER)

85iroc

I don't get the hating all over the driving mechanics. Holy crap, a game where one of the main focuses is vehicles, god forbid they should be challenging and fun!!!

Driving cars in previous games (especially after playing this now) feels like I'm controlling a little toy box on wheels. A little toy box that decides to ignore physics and skirts along the ground like a little remote control mouse. I don't even find it fun after the mechanics of GTAIV. No challenge at all. In the newest, deciding to haul ass down a congested street at 90+ is a consideration to made carefully. Pull it off, the feeling is astounding. F*ck it up? The results demonstrate the consequences of that bad decision most eloquently.

The previous GTAs are static, lifeless constructs with no soul compared to this game.

I love the density of the city with all the crap littered and strewn everywhere. It brings an air of legitimacy to the world, and boy howdy, this place actually feels LIVED IN. What were cities in the previous GTAs? Row after row of polygon box with blurry textures, a sterile environment, nothing about anything anywhere. BORING after GTAIV.

I'm not even going to get into the massive detail of every inch of the city, like the careful consideration given to even the FRIGGIN POTHOLES in the roadway (streets all look the same? was that poster on crack?)

I've had no problems with the visual fidelity and brightness/contrast in this game. Of course, I had to tweak the settings, but god damn it no one ANYWHERE can build a game that looks perfect on all TVs everywhere all the time. It's stupid and ridiculous to think otherwise.

Everything I've seen in this game resurrected my love for the series. I never even beat San Andreas. After scads of hours in GTA 3, and Vice City, by the time I was nearing Las Venturas, I was bored to death.

That another game could come along, and do--pretty much-- the same things all over again, but do them SO MUCH BETTER, and actually rekindle my love for the series, well, I'd say that's one hell of a fine game.

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by unoleian

Nico Bellic

hahaha well i only have one question what does he mean whit "Ofter meeting him at the bar, and killing the two bg's " bg's?...bulgarians or what? smile.gif can someone tell me ?

niko_killer

WHY ARE THERE NO f*ckING PLANES!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

1) Its small, theres no open space and tehr is no other airport, why would you need to fly

2) Its based on New York City, thereare stupid people out there who will try to recreate 9/11 and they will find it funny and think 9/?11 was funny which it is not

DoubleOGJohnson
Firstly your a f*cking retard, can you do perfect 180s at over 30 miles cos i never seen it done....

thridly f*ck off and stopping complaining

Get the f*ck outta here. Dude has the right to say whatever he wants without some cocksucker like you coming along to disrespect him. Seems like he got a SUPER BAD copy, and if you had one like that youd be pissed too, so shut the f*ck up. icon13.gif

And my copy is good, I never have a freeze. But one thing I agree on is that its hard as hell to drive on sidewalks cuz everything is indistructable. So if you doing a chase mission, you cant drive all reckless like in the other GTA's know that you can drive over any and everything.

2325195c0b7762b2191eadda87e6c28cbf3bda8.2325218c50a8e1d2f1af95ac7ccc917f9fd128d.23251850600b7e9f86d85775c46818f9f0a54f7.23252522a342ec4e515d831c941fc3e25b69697.

Takes 2 minutes to drive across the city? Yea if you are in a freaking helicopter, which do go pretty fast. Its not as big as SA BECAUSE, San andreas is a state. The cities in SA were tiny and there wasnt much to them. LC i would say is about half the size of the total size of SA. There is no planes because according to you "It takes 2 minutes to drive across the city"

Imagine if you were in a jet. Bam im on the other side in 2 seconds, that sure was fun now i gotta bail out before i hit the invisible wall in the ocean.

skarface1013

Jesus Christ, if I had a dime for every bitch and complain thread on these forums, I'd be a very wealthy man.

One thing that really makes me wonder about the game:

WHY THE f*ck DOES YOUR CAR DRIVE LIKE sh*t REVERSE?! YOu just turn your steering wheel 1 degree and your car spins 180 degrees.. whoa, it's nice for tricks, but ufcking annyogin when makeing a getaway.

And why the f*ck is EVERY CAR RWD?! THIS IS "008! MOST CARS ARE FWD OR AWD FFS even the f*cking Patriot is RWD f*ck you Rockstar.

amcycletrans

The thing I'm confused about is why the safehouses are not safe?. I came out of my second safehouse walked across the street, punched the sidewalk preacher, knocked him and his bible to the ground, got a instant wanted level (I didn't see the cop down the street) Ran back to my safehouse figuring I was safe, the next thing I know the cop come waltzing through my door and busts me.

Hockey9019

You ever notice theres a bunch of complainers for every game? Or ANYTHING?

Its a fricken game. Complaining about it is going to do nothing. All these people are doing is begging for attention...

I've come to the conclusion that people who whinge about the driving absolutely suck at it. The way most people make it out, you need a college degree just to drive. sigh.gif

If you can't drive in GTA IV, god forbid that you ever drive a real car.

The map isn't small either. For a single city it's bloody huge.

I bet this little bitch went back to playing it as soon as he made this thread. He's probably playing it right now as I speak. confused.gif

The following picture sums the OP....

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Miamivicecity

i really like the driving, but thats just me, ive liked it since ive first played it

i cannot stand the cops, that is my only complaint with the game, you can be in your apartment and shoot the door and you have a star, it just takes away the fun of reaking havoc, but i guess i'll get over it, lol

as far as the camera everyone is bitching about, but im constantly adjusting the camera with the right stick, i have been doing that since SA

i tolerated SA, but whoever said it was one big glitch is spot on, lol

BTownzFinestOG

You know R* f*cked up with this one if there's this many complain threads, I myself is even dissapointed. Idk about the other GTA's if there was this many hate topics, but I actually had fun with them, this one I thought was gonna blow my mind, it just bored me to death.

I beat the story, now I drive around looking for stuff to do but the city's dead.

But the driving I hated at first, but you get used to it and it turns out to be the best driving yet.

And all the non working sh*t from past GTA's bug me alot

Like hitching the back of trailors with a Semi, now you cant..wtf?

You know R* f*cked up with this one if there's this many complain threads, I myself is even dissapointed. Idk about the other GTA's if there was this many hate topics, but I actually had fun with them, this one I thought was gonna blow my mind, it just bored me to death.

I've seen a few legitmate complaint threads, but most are from kids seeking attention.

in general GTA series kept going up in all features. like a roller coaster.

then i guess rockstar decided to make it go down now.

gta= top down original

gta london 1969= top down in london old style smile.gif

gta 2= top down updated graphics, and futuristic.

gta 3= all new 3D. so much advanced new sh*t. (Revolutionized Gaming)

gta vc= 3d updated, Miami 80's style smile.gif advanced AI, updated graphics.

gta sa= 3d updated, LA/LV/SF 90's style, upgraded Advanced AI, much more features. comprehensive story.

gta 4= new graphics/gameplay engines, present day, new improved AI. less features, great multiplayer, decent story (some may love it some may not, i didnt).

_______

/-gta sa \ gta 4

/-gta vc

/-gta 3

/-gta 2

/-gta london

/-gta 1

i couldnt make a proper roller coasteR sad.gif

I will no longer play this game

That's what everyone who dislike it says.

Though, I disagree. There's a 99% chance you will buy/play the next GTA. It's guaranteed.

For one you are probably not a good driver. You can't expect to be good at the game straight away.

So what if there aren't planes? They were boring in SA n e way.

The maps are perfect. If the maps were bigger you could still use cabs to take the shortcut, so whats the point of having a big map?

You can always get food.

Online? There's nothing wrong with it. You just have pretty high standards for everything I assume.

Racing: Is awesome. Once again, you're probably sh*t at driving games anyway. Go play World of Warcraft.

Glitches? Yes there are some, but all games have glitches. Name one game that has never had a glitch. The games are made with computers, of course there will be glitches. Rockstar can't fix everything, all they can do is improve on it the next time.

Overall, I think you are an asshole. If you have the game on XBOX, I will gladly buy it off you and since you don't really want it, I will only offer a bum like yourself $10 for it.

smile.gif

I dont think people would care if you decided you lost faith in life and decided to stop playing that too.

Because you are just one random person that noone on this forum will ever meet or want to meet.

So our care = 0

gtfo.

HazeSmoker1
I dont think people would care if you decided you lost faith in life and decided to stop playing that too.

Because you are just one random person that noone on this forum will ever meet or want to meet.

So our care = 0

gtfo.

Lol look at yourself before you talk or type, how ironic can sh*t get.

So our care = 0

gtfo.

Lol look at yourself before you talk or type, how ironic can sh*t get.

oh ouch that was so mean and it cut me deep. but honestly, are you sayin you even care that this one player doesnt want to play anymore? its attention seeking and nothing more. there are already hundreds of threads like this by the same people and SO many people are sick of them not just me. its getting to the point where people (like me) cannot actually be bothered trying to talk reason into them by being nice, hence why people are just now flaming them which will hopefully just make them get off.

if u hate this gta so much, go back and play one of the others...i played VC Tthen SA, just to get a comparison and be able to compare the 3 fairly.

NO CONTEST.

Once you've played GTAIV there is no going back, the driving is superb, so life-like it's unreal, the City feels like it is jam packed full of real-life stuff and when you then go back and try one of the predecessors u realise what a massive leap in gaming this will turn out to be. Give it a few years and every City you play in any game will be trying to feel like Libetry City in GTAIV. It's a brilliant start on next-gen platforms and things will only get better.

tarquin biscuitbarrel

i finished the game on xbox360.

the only bug/glitch i encountered were a few of the 'invisible objects' that only appear after you crash into them, but it seems to be the same objects so after a couple of times you know they're there. this is not really a glitch, but a side-effect of having such a massively detailed open world.

i had no mission bug/glitches, so i only had to reload a few times (mainly due to getting a friend/girlfriend killed when going out drinking or something, and not wanting to lose loads of likeness)

on a few occasions throughout the story i was getting worried that the focus was drifting away from the main plot, but it turned out to by a pointless worry. another pointless worry was that i was scared to cancel phone calls or dates, but in the end it doesn't matter. if you tell your friend you don't want to go bowling or play darts etc, you lose a tiny bit of likeness - but you phone them up later, go out and get loads of likeness. it works fine.

the most important thing the OP didn't realise is that the multiplayer modes are a million times better than having the game turn into 'stupidness' by having useless features matching san andreas.

Edited by tarquin biscuitbarrel

Grand Theft Auto Dude
it is a bit rediculouse.

You're rediculouse. Whatever that means...

The driving is fine, holding the camer at a good angle is no inconvenience for me... Pulling 180's is easy as crap if you're not a retard. No sh*t you can't do a 180 perfectly when you're going 100mph.

QQ moar plz k thx bai

You can change to a camera angle that is further away from the car, which gives a slightly better overview. The rest can be compensated for using the left or right analog stick to pan the camera up or down.

I kind of have to agree with his grip on that part. Custom camera heights would be nice. Wouldn't be too much trouble to allow the user to set what angle the three "rear" views sit at.

It's more difficult to drive when you have to constantly adjust the camera. It's a quick fix and should have been implemented.

I'll be glad when the PC version is released as it's a non-issue then.

A bit to harsh leaving the game...but most things pointed out by you,i also agree.The reasons why...check out my topic

"GTA IV TOTALLY DISSAPOINTED - ONE"