How I lost all faith in this game series(SPOILER)

85iroc

"Blah blah blah i'm a big pussy." (Summary of his post)

You basicly bitched cause you suck and and the games to hard for you, Complex games have glitches thats the reality deal with it

or go play some carebear sh*t like wow.

semidivine808
Let me tell you why I can no longer play this game.

Its not because of the violence, sex, bad language or anything like that. Its because im sick of having to do things over and over because of game glitches and/or bad development.

For example:

Has anyone noticed that the camera angle when driving is way to low? and that you have to hold the camera at a different angle when driving to be able to see anything in front of you? This is terrible and really needs to be changed. Moving the camera up about 10* would fix this perfectly.

Pulling off a clean 180 at anything more then 30mph is nearly impossible. If you so much as tap the a button while driving, you will loose control and go spinning into objects that wont appear untill after you hit them(another problem)

The map really is ALOT smaller then san andreas. It only takes about 2-3 minuts to drive n-s. This is sad. And im truly upset

Heres a problem I experience with a mission very early on. When you have to kill vlad:

Ofter meeting him at the bar, and killing the two bg's, vlad runs out the door and you have to chase him. Well no matter how fast you get out the door, vlad is already in a car, and driving up the street, you now have to run around, or back through the bar, get in the car, wait for roman(f*cking idiot) to get in the car, then chase that f*cker down. Im not saying its to hard, i did it on the first try, but it is a bit rediculouse.

There are many other mission related problems but i wont describe them all.

I havent played the multiplayer yet because HA it does not work.

Witch is another problem. WHY DO GAME COMPANIES USE THE FINAL PRODUCT AS A BETA TEST. Rockstar is usually pretty good with this. San andreas had its problems but nothing to bad. This game is glitchy as hell, no multiplayer yet cause of some kind of crash, camera movemnet is atrocious, and traction in most vehicles is to loose, to name a few. Shading looks pixelated, so does far off objects(53" 1080p). Had to turn the brighness all the way up just to be able to see.

Another thing, I understand the game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO but why does the entire single player have to be based around steeling cars, driving people around. Yeh sure theres killing, but it just seems like rockstar used every chance possible to make you get in a car and look at the pretty graphics.

WHY ARE THERE NO f*ckING PLANES!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I here a few people have a problem with all the textures turning purple?? wtf is that?

There are certain aspects of this game that makes me feal it was rushed to completion. Why do game companies do this. EA is famouse for it. I though rockstar would have done better. Everyone needs to take a lesson from valve.

The final reason i wont play this pile of sh*t any longer is because I CANT STAND DOING THING OVER BECAUSE THE GAME f*ckED UP.

On the mission where u and lj kill the guys in the warehouse, then the cops show up and you have to get jacob out, I ran out no problem, got in a car and waited for jacob......waited.... waited, wtf, i run back in, just about dead now, and i find jacob running endlessly into a wall. Funny.. yes, but f*cking frustrating as f*ck. cause now Im dead and i gotta do the whole fucing thing over again.

Another instance, and the final line drawer: NO.1, where you have to get the car with that f*cking idiot and race. I f*ckING HATE RACES. who the f*ck just pulls up to a bunch of cars and races to checkpoints. Rockstar should have taken a lesson from paradice city burnout on this one. In that game you have to race to, but you can take anyway you want from point a to b. There are no checkponts. The problem with checkpoints it you dont know where the next on is going to be, it just kinda points in the general direction. But since you cant see over the top of the fuking car anyway wtf.

Theres also way to much ground clutter. I want to be able to drive down the sidewalk and mow down PEOPLE not f*cking garbage cans and newspaper dispensers.

Metal lightposts are easyer to knock over than wooden telephone pols, or i think they are, i never stopped to look.

But what really pisses me off. And why game companies dont care about bugs and problems: YOU CANT f*ckING RETURN THE GAME!! you can only trade it for a new one. because the problem with bad controls and glitchy graphics is the cd. not the source code.

Thanks, i hate you

other little problems: no clock(only in menu), i cant always see my money, food only during the day(i think), music is terrible, repetition

Just to clarify, this only really pertains to the singleplayer part of the game, im sure the multiplayer will be good, and driving around with nothing to do seems to be fun, but i buy a game to play and beat all of it, not just some parts.

LOL... can't stop laughing. ur so effing dumb. the reason metal poles are easier to knock over than wooden telephone poles because they are buried 6 ft. deep or around there so they wont get knocked over in wind storm and the power lines will be all over the place. im sorry... i didnt think anybody can be dumb like you to blame something and never researched.

Sounds like most of the people complaining just plain suck. The driving is a million times better, combat has improved (even though it could still use work) the story is AWESOME (just finished the story btw) Missions are classic GTA missions woven into the story. Stop complaining about stupid sh*t like the HUD. If you read the damn instructions you'd be fine! This game is too great for words. oh and the sound track is great, just listen to the damn songs. most are good. there's a few crappy/played-out rap songs on there, but hey rap is on the verge of played out all together....(another story) Oh and to anyone who aint beat the story yet, watch the credits there's some cool scenery. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

thatswhatshesaid
Let me tell you why I can no longer play this game.

Wow, just wow.

TenEightyOne

If you didn't know the driving was going to be realistic before you bought your game then you must have had your head up your arse for the last six months.

I hear Viva Pinata is on offer, maybe you could do a trade...?

Suction Testicle Man

I've heard a few complaints about driving being inferior to the other games. The driving in GTA4 is in fact anything but inferior - cars actually handle like real cars, not like a SEGA arcade game. In a real car, you can't point your nose at a corner and tap the handbrake, expecting to slide seamlessly into the bend. If you lock the wheels, the car is going to keep going whichever way it was going when the wheels locked, which will be straight ahead. The handling available now actually takes some skill, and anyone who thinks it is a step backward should step up to the challenge of mastering it, before criticising it.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

other little problems: no clock(only in menu), i cant always see my money, food only during the day(i think), music is terrible, repetition

1. Use your phone.

2. You only see ye rmoney when yer buying sh*t. Or how about checking an atm machine?

3. What...?

4. Music is diverse and pretty awesome (never as good as Vice though)

5. Aint any more repetitive repetitive than other GTA incarnations.

Haha, see what I did there? hai5

cba with the rest of the crap you spewed about camera angles and driving. Learn to drive.

Actually you can go start, and check out your money there, plus the week day, and such.

Simy_vercetti

i,m at a loss for words, these people that moan about the driving or its not as big as GTA:SA or it glitches.

if u hate the driving why dont you walk or even better go play saints row, GTA:SA was 40% wasted space man, yeh it was a great game but it doesnt compare to IV, every GTA has its glitches it part of the game moron accept it.

i hear mario cart is coming out, might be more down your street dude

Lol, what bullsh*t. Like the game isn't fun anymore because of some bugs. Every game has bugs and this is the 21st century so every game has bug fixes too tounge.gif.

PS. They're not really annoying me, I didn't fail a mission cause of a bug yet for example and after playing the game for a few days you get used to the camera.

yes... it really sucks when a game demands skills, patience and some intelligence... i totally agree..

I agree with none of your points... I think the driving actually adds something to the game. Because it's more difficult, it feels more dangerous to go fast.. in san andreas I got really bored with driving at top speed all the time, it was too easy after a while. It the most fun with cars i had in a game for a long time...

The essence is to get your priorities straight on what the game represents. Think of the driving, just as a means of going from A to B. The "real" mission is the shooting part.

The only realy interesting part that you can get out of the game is the story.

Maybe Im getting old (23), but GTA IV isnt 100% exciting.

Sabres3819

The driving is actually realistic, it means it requires more skill than pushing a button and going, have you every tried to actually drive????

A clean 180 over 30mph is actually impossible - plus i understand the camera angle thing, but i generally drive with my thumb controlling the camera anyway, so as i can see around

I have not suffered any of the problems with the game you and or others have so i won't comment on them, maybe it is your game in which case it is a manufacturing problem or a hardware problem not the games

and as for your mission comment, it is your fault if that happens to LJ, he is your responsibilty that is why it requires more skill than just running for it yourself, the whole Vlad thing is because that is the mission, it would be rediculous if you killed Vlad in the pub and then teh cut scene showed the dock, the game can't be that clever to have 3000 different variations of cut screens for where you kill someone, use your brain and then the race thing is fine tbh, the city is so complex it would frustrate me more if i was first and went to take a short cut and ended up in a dead end, but i do understand your point

Hey sweet. Which island is the prison island?

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

duuuuuuuuuuude i bet your from the SR forums, you made all up, i see no problem running into a car in 3 seconds, purple textures? WTF you gotta be kidding, you made that up lol

rushing = it took R* three and a half years to complete this game and thats your answer? rushing??(though its true about EA XD)

textures appearing = your xbox is slow

now the mission when the guy i forgot his name ran into a wall, i did that mission 5 times over and over just to test if it can happen again and guess what, it didnt

all the rest is a lie too.

can anyone spell FAILURE without looking at this topic?

ill get you a FAIL pic soon

edit:

user posted image

Edited by sronsr

xiliquiern

Has anyone noticed that the camera angle when driving is way to low? and that you have to hold the camera at a different angle when driving to be able to see anything in front of you? This is terrible and really needs to be changed. Moving the camera up about 10* would fix this perfectly.

As explained in an in-game tutorial, pressing "Select" or its equivalent offers different camera options. Three "chase cams" at different distances are available, the furthest back of which I prefer. Even at the tightest chase came, I've never had a problem seeing what was in front of me unless I was driving a very large vehicle.

Pulling off a clean 180 at anything more then 30mph is nearly impossible.

I don't think it is - I can do it forward and backward. It may turn out to be a little more like 195 or 175 degrees sometimes, but it still works.

If you so much as tap the a button while driving, you will loose control and go spinning into objects that wont appear untill after you hit them(another problem)

I've not experienced this sudden loss of control and spinning. When I brake, with either brake, I slow down. When I brake while turning, the car fishtails as I would expect, allowing me to "drift" around corners.

The map really is ALOT smaller then san andreas. It only takes about 2-3 minuts to drive n-s. This is sad. And im truly upset

Given the option of a much larger but less detailed world or a smaller, denser, more realistic city, I'd take the latter. I'm incredibly impressed with that specific aspect of GTAIV, especially in relation to the relatively immature "cities" in previous games.

Heres a problem I experience with a mission very early on. When you have to kill vlad:

Ofter meeting him at the bar, and killing the two bg's, vlad runs out the door and you have to chase him. Well no matter how fast you get out the door, vlad is already in a car, and driving up the street, you now have to run around, or back through the bar, get in the car, wait for roman(f*cking idiot) to get in the car, then chase that f*cker down. Im not saying its to hard, i did it on the first try, but it is a bit rediculouse.

I never had this problem. In my game, Vlad ran out onto the roof where I confronted him. First time success.

I don't think that is R*s fault (as far as I know) - look at PSN or Live instead, because there are plenty of folks who can play. Both services are just stressed.

Witch is another problem. WHY DO GAME COMPANIES USE THE FINAL PRODUCT AS A BETA TEST. Rockstar is usually pretty good with this. San andreas had its problems but nothing to bad. This game is glitchy as hell, no multiplayer yet cause of some kind of crash, camera movemnet is atrocious, and traction in most vehicles is to loose, to name a few. Shading looks pixelated, so does far off objects(53" 1080p). Had to turn the brighness all the way up just to be able to see.

1. SA was incredibly buggy. Incredibly. Way more so than IV.

2. See above.

3. I felt that, in all but a couple of situation, the camera movement was very good. And when it wasn't it was easily adjusted by the player. Very simply.

4. Steering and traction in the vehicles is...well, more realistic. I think it fits the environment and the game. Having the physics of SA in the world would dampen the experience, I believe.

5. Pixelated shading? I haven't gotten this one. It might be because of your TV size though...I'm on a much smaller set.

6. Adjusting brightness is hardly something to whine about. It's one slider in the menu, and its a little impossible to expect R* to customize the brightness and contrast of a game to fit your TV specifically.

Another thing, I understand the game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO but why does the entire single player have to be based around steeling cars, driving people around. Yeh sure theres killing, but it just seems like rockstar used every chance possible to make you get in a car and look at the pretty graphics.

So far, my experience with the single player campaign has been much more about killing people than driving. There are a few side missions that are driving intensive, but in the main story driving is only used as a way to get from place to place, or if someone escapes and you need to chase them down. If you don't like driving, you can take a cab and "skip" the actual drive. It's like fast travel. Easy.

WHY ARE THERE NO f*ckING PLANES!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Rockstar has said repeatedly that they wouldn't fit the game. No-one in NY takes a private jet from one side of the city to the other. No-one in any city does. Taking them from one place in a state to another, however, is different. That may be why past games had them. Instead, you have helicopters. With guns. I would think that is still enjoyable?

I here a few people have a problem with all the textures turning purple?? wtf is that?

Sounds like artifacting. It's likely the video card is getting too hot.

On the mission where u and lj kill the guys in the warehouse, then the cops show up and you have to get jacob out, I ran out no problem, got in a car and waited for jacob......waited.... waited, wtf, i run back in, just about dead now, and i find jacob running endlessly into a wall. Funny.. yes, but f*cking frustrating as f*ck. cause now Im dead and i gotta do the whole fucing thing over again.

First of all, if you never had a similar problem in SA, or any other video game, you are insanely lucky. Secondly, the "re-do" ability and auto-saves in IV makes doing missions over MUCH easier than in previous games. Perhaps you forget that?

Another instance, and the final line drawer: NO.1, where you have to get the car with that f*cking idiot and race. I f*ckING HATE RACES. who the f*ck just pulls up to a bunch of cars and races to checkpoints. Rockstar should have taken a lesson from paradice city burnout on this one. In that game you have to race to, but you can take anyway you want from point a to b. There are no checkponts. The problem with checkpoints it you dont know where the next on is going to be, it just kinda points in the general direction. But since you cant see over the top of the fuking car anyway wtf.

Well, that's the general way street races are conducted, at least near me. Random people show up at a set time and proceed to a set destination along a set route. As to the check points - I agree, they could have used the GPS route thing instead. I don't know why they didn't.

Theres also way to much ground clutter. I want to be able to drive down the sidewalk and mow down PEOPLE not f*cking garbage cans and newspaper dispensers.

Realism. I personally enjoy the clutter...I love plowing into a bunch of crap while trying to avoid running into a cop head on at 150mph. Very action movie-esque.

Metal lightposts are easyer to knock over than wooden telephone pols, or i think they are, i never stopped to look.

Also realism. Also, what's wrong with that. They get in the way of the side-walk driving much less (like you said above^), so wouldn't this be a plus for you?

But what really pisses me off. And why game companies dont care about bugs and problems: YOU CANT f*ckING RETURN THE GAME!! you can only trade it for a new one. because the problem with bad controls and glitchy graphics is the cd. not the source code.

If your retailer won't let you return a game for money or store credit, that is your fault. You chose where to purchase the game and, in doing so, agreed to follow their rules regarding transactions (i.e. no checks, VISA only, etc) and returns (i.e. time limits, product limitations, receipt necessity...).

Simply put, it sounds like you thought GTA IV was supposed to be GTA:SA "Now with better graphics!". And that's just silly. R* has always tried to do something different with each game. It also seems like you forget a lot about GTA:SA, at least in regards to how buggy, confusing, and non-user-friendly it was at times.

I'm sorry your IV experience didn't live up to your expectations. Hopefully the next GTA will, if you play it.

eatwoundedchildren

in response to all of you dumb sh*ts bitching about the driving...

in new york it is almost impossible to find a road where you can drive over 30 MPH that isn't backed up with traffic.

SO f*ckING SLOW IT DOWN!

just try it. it works trust me. f*ckin midwestern herbs.

Try using a PS3 pad tounge.gif

no thanks....... i like my pad to be bigger than a 5 years olds hand, wiith a nice offset, and triggers that feel closer to gun triggers.

I used to love the Ps2 pad, but after a year or so with the XBOX, I hate the Ps3 pad....

supertact

i find myself raising the camera angle while driving which is total bs

tgordon2191
My advice is stick with it. When I started I was also kind of put off by the driving physics and the camera angles. But after playing for longer, opening up some more of the map and finding some better vehicles it starts to improve. Either that or you just get used to it.

To give up on a game of the magnitude of gta because you don't like the first 10% of it or so seems a bit premature.

Yea i sucked at driving at first but now I'm a pro at it. You just have to get used to it being different. I also don't understand why people complain about planes. Personally I'm glad they don't have them because you can't land them anywhere anyway.

There are many other mission related problems but i wont describe them all.

boy it must suck to have ps3 lmfbo...not hatin on da ps3 owners cuz ps3 is fkn phat...

I stopped reading here.
Pulling off a clean 180 at anything more then 30mph is nearly impossible. If you so much as tap the a button while driving, you will loose control and go spinning into objects that wont appear untill after you hit them(another problem)

Have you ever driven a vehicle and tapped the hand break?

It's SO unrealistic that you lose control! [sarcasm.]

I'm tired of this "realism" argument. What's "realistic" about street races with giant, glowing checkpoints? About cars that don't need gas? About driving through red lights/in the wrong lane and not getting pulled over by cops? Not to mention the billion story-related contrivances.

Why, then, R* has focused on making CAR HANDLING more "real" is beyond me. It is what it is, so I deal with it. But I don't for a second buy these people claiming to find GTA IV's car handling more enjoyable than the handling in previous games. It reaks of fanboy rationalizing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I can't help but be reminded of EA Sports reinventing the wheel with controls almost every goddamn year, merely for the sake of reinvention.

P.S. That all said, these overly-dramatic, schoolgirl-whining, "I'm boycotting GTA forevermore!" threads are f*cking lame.

Driving takes pracitce. Once you get the hang of it it's easy as cake.

So stop whining, and keep practicing.

1. Use your phone.

2. You only see ye rmoney when yer buying sh*t. Or how about checking an atm machine?

3. What...?

4. Music is diverse and pretty awesome (never as good as Vice though)

5. Aint any more repetitive repetitive than other GTA incarnations.

Haha, see what I did there? hai5

cba with the rest of the crap you spewed about camera angles and driving. Learn to drive.

you can check your money weneva you press down on the d-pad and it comes up

I stopped reading here.

Have you ever driven a vehicle and tapped the hand break?

It's SO unrealistic that you lose control! [sarcasm.]

I'm tired of this "realism" argument. What's "realistic" about street races with giant, glowing checkpoints? About cars that don't need gas? About driving through red lights/in the wrong lane and not getting pulled over by cops? Not to mention the billion story-related contrivances.

Why, then, R* has focused on making CAR HANDLING more "real" is beyond me. It is what it is, so I deal with it. But I don't for a second buy these people claiming to find GTA IV's car handling more enjoyable than the handling in previous games. It reaks of fanboy rationalizing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I can't help but be reminded of EA Sports reinventing the wheel with controls almost every goddamn year, merely for the sake of reinvention.

P.S. That all said, these overly-dramatic, schoolgirl-whining, "I'm boycotting GTA forevermore!" threads are f*cking lame.

It's a game...there is a realism balance...without those big yellow checkpoint markers the race mode would not be possible.

All of the maintenance in the game left for the most part (friends/girlfriends being the exception, but it's not nearly as bad) as people found it annoying. Adding gas into the equation would be incredibly annoying. "Oh sh*t....I just ran out of gas in the middle of a 6 star chase because I was screwing with the girlfriend too much last night." Maybe they should require us to change the oil...or change the tires after 10 days of driving a car around and squealing the tires every 2 minutes.

The game is called "Grand Theft Auto" not "Here's your ticket for blowing that red light"...again...a realism balance.

I prefer the car handling in this game...it feels real...every car feels realistic...there are distinct differences between the classes making certain cars more useful for certain tasks. Call me a fanboy and you can go f*ck yourself....that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I am not rationalizing anything...I honestly prefer the car handling in this game over the others.

To The OP:

The game is not bug ridden....yes there are cases where the AI can screw up...you will find that in any game because the game is made by humans...and therefore it will not be perfect. As with all software....no matter the source...there will be bugs or unexpected behaviors...because they can test and test and test till they turn blue and not find all the bugs. THAT IS A FACT OF THE SOFTWARE INDUSTRY. DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T f*ckING PLAY GAMES! Saying the game is bug ridden is an outright lie...it is not...it is definitely not a beta quality product...you clearly don't know what beta quality means if you call this product a beta.

sh*t on the sidewalk? Here's a hint....people put sh*t on the sidewalks because they don't expect people to be driving their cars on them. Putting that sh*t there makes the world look more realistic. I would much rather have a more realistic looking world than the bare sidewalks of past GTA's.

Camera angle...easily adjustable...I usually have one thumb on the right analog stick while driving and keep it slightly elevated...and highly elevated when going through traffic...it is easy to adjust...so get over it. Also there are additional camera angles...don't like the angles behind the car? Set it to the hood cam.

The size of the game world feels right....SA was waaaaaay too large....half the time I'd get a car and wreck it by the time I got to my destination. The world of GTA IV doesn't feel like it has much (if any) wasted space.

GET OVER THE f*ckING PLANES...they aren't needed...there's only one airport...Planes are not realistic for the location the game is based on. Helis are a lot more common in NYC....planes are simply to get in and out of the city area easily....onward to other destinations. Don't like it? Wait for the PC Version...I'm sure some idiot will mod in a plane so they can practice ramming them into the empire state building.

The Pixelated shader they are using to blend stuff is something I noticed immediately upon first starting up the game...it bugged me for a little while...but now I don't really notice it....perhaps that's the downside of playing on a big ass TV...I play on a 20" LCD PC Monitor. Looks fine after 43 hours of playing the game. In fact I love the look of the world now. I have tried playing it on my dad's 40" Sony Bravia...and I prefer my monitor...it's sharper. It makes me kind of laugh when I think about all the people that were posting on here about their 50", 80", 102" HDTV's and laughing at all the people stuck with small TV's, PC Monitors, or SDTV's. Serves them right for bragging about their setup.

Metal lightposts are generally bolted to the ground....wooden poles are sunk 3-4 feet into the ground....much more difficult to break those off. I love that they break off as easily as they do....I hit them enough it would get really f*cking annoying if they didn't budge like the wooden poles or cement security pillars which are easy enough to avoid in this game.

I had to adjust my brightness too...<sarcasm>wow...amazing they can't auto adjust to make sure you have a perfect viewing experience every time you play it. The company is just worthless for not having come up with that.</sarcasm>

Multiplayer has worked every time I've tried it and with minimal lag...servers can be stressed though...play it at a different time and you'll probably have better luck.

Can't return the game? Boo f*cking Hoo. Read the terms of the sale next time, by buying a product you agree to those terms. Sell it back to your retailer (if they allow it) or sell it on eBay...I'm sure you can get a decent price for a lightly used copy.

Basically you sound like a whiny little bitch for the most part....yes you have a few valid concerns...but they are overshadowed by your other complaints.

FriTheAntiHero

Why did you post this thread? Why do you think anybody cares? Would you like some cheese with that whine?

if you dont like the damn game, then why the f*ck did u buy it. i see no problem with it. why dont u stupid f*cks just learn to keep ur damn mouths shut and respect R* for making such a game that a lot of people like. some people actually like the game. so shut the f*ck up....asshole!

Oh noooo you dont like the game and you aint playing gta anymore! wow.gif rockstar had better declare bankruptcy now then,without your support there nothing!!!!!

SIG-2.jpg

RoboticUnicorn

Go to the 3rd camera while in a car fa**ot. The first and second are pretty low but the 3rd you can see almost anything.

You're obviously stuck on a mission and you are saying it's a bad game because you suck at it.

/thread

Also you say the map is too small then ask for planes?