Dear Rockstar

Tsuroki

I appreciate the complexity and storyline value of some of your longer missions in GTA IV. I appreciate the fact that so much time and effort has gone into creating these elaborate multi-piece missions. I also appreciate that you've established a way for us to "get back on track" when we end up failing a mission, be it through the use of a taxi or the "Try Again?" bit on the phone.

What I don't appreciate, however, is that we're forced to start these multi-tiered missions over from the beginning after every failure. As noted countless times, the missions in GTA IV are much more ornate than in previous games, and you can't simply "run and gun" the way you used to. That being said, it takes a long time to get back into the swing of things, going through cutscenes half a dozen times to the point where you could re-enact that entire encounter in a mediocre stage performance.

This all leads to something I like to call "GTA rage", which is that all-too-familiar feeling of post-mission-failure disappointment followed by the realization that you're now forced to go through the entire bloody ordeal all over again, and risk failing at points you never failed at before.

Much like a savings account, "GTA rage" has a bit of 'compound interest' of it's own -- subsequent failures lead to more rage, which leads to broken dishes.

Regards,

Andy.

</angry rant after 5th try of bank mission>

zUd3j4P.png

yeah those multi tiered missions can be pretty annoying, i haven't gotten to a mission where i've had to try it 5 times yet though. i managed to pass that bank mission first go though, even i was surprised about that

My f*ckup(s) with the bank mission came as a result of a glitchy cover system, swarms of cops, and lack of ammo. Ugh. The subway is where I keep getting toasted.

zUd3j4P.png

V1ce C1ty

I'm further then you, and i havn't needed to do a mission more then twice yet. But I agree the longer missions like the bank robbery got annoying as I didn't finish it first go, and with no "trip skip" like the past gtas its annoying to drive a long way after failing a mission. As for the cover system being glitchy? Well I havn't had a problem with it yet.

I'm further then you, and i havn't needed to do a mission more then twice yet. But I agree the longer missions like the bank robbery got annoying as I didn't finish it first go, and with no "trip skip" like the past gtas its annoying to drive a long way after failing a mission. As for the cover system being glitchy? Well I havn't had a problem with it yet.

you can trip skip anywhere in a taxi

I'm further then you, and i havn't needed to do a mission more then twice yet.  But I agree the longer missions like the bank robbery got annoying as I didn't finish it first go, and with no "trip skip" like the past gtas its annoying to drive a long way after failing a mission. As for the cover system being glitchy? Well I havn't had a problem with it yet.

you can trip skip anywhere in a taxi

That's not what he means. He means, for example, when you have to drive the McReary's to the bank. In San Andreas, you could skip through that travel.

zUd3j4P.png

my bad, yeah that would've been handy if you didn't pass it the first time or something.

as long as you kill the people behind you while you're taking cover you'll be fine, that's what i did. also remember to go to the gun club or call up little jacob to get body armor and an AK47 or an M4 Carbine and maybe a few grenades. it's worth spending the money on some hardware once you finally complete the mission

and remember to blindfire