Ebrake OF DOOM!

patryn

I didn't see this discussed indepth anywhere, so I thought I'd make a thread. If there's another, I apologize on my sh*tty searching skills.

There has been a few threads on the handling of the cars being harder. Personally, I like this as I'm a racing sim guy anyway. However, the understeering thing aside, the ebrake I've found to be highly ridiculous. Many cars have ebrakes that are so weak they can barely lock the wheels unless you are on the brakes at the same time. Even cars with very strong ebrakes like the WRX/STi still don't slide out that badly. Be it I don't expect GTA to be a full on simulator (although it's definitely moved close in this release), it would be nice to have a little more real world feel to the fun handle between the seats. It's almost like the breakaway friciton of the tires change once you hit the button. Anyone get the same vibe, or is it just me?

That being said, top notch on the cars handling characteristics otherwise.

fro slow downs around turns, i use the reverse button/trigger.......

it gives me the slowdown without the huge skidding that ebrake gives........

the only time i use the ebrake is when i want to do 180's to reverse direction quickly........

and if i really want to stop fast, i use the reverse and ebrake at the same time, i stop almost instantly, but if you turn the wheel during that, you will spin all over the place........

if i do use the ebrake during racing and such, i just give it one very fast "half tap".......

im a real life tokyo drifter(im kidding but i do drift my accord coupe 5speed with h22a might i add) and the ebrake in real life feels nothing close to that in the game using ebrake it seems like the car picks up more speed and send u flying into a 360(degree not my system tounge2.gif ) but other then that i love everything about the driving

Mixolydian

The e-brake is very sensitive, but yields good results when handled with finesse...kind of like a woman.

I think the two ebrake buttons are identical (RB & A for the xbox). I haven't noticed any difference; they're equally slidey.

Use the e-brake sparingly! Some cars are better than others tho (infernus is not bad with the e-brake). Instead of e-braking, try using normal brake (LT for the xbox) before you hit the turn to slow to an acceptable speed. If you need more turning motion, tap the e-brake ever so briefly. Some cars you should probably avoid the e-brake altogether.

I've noticed the trick to good can handling is to get good at using both trigger buttons to exert control over the turn. Once people get used to this (and once they realize that some cars handle like crap. period.), there will be less complaining about how cars handle.

Depending on what car you use it seems like the e-brake is practically a joke. Slowing down before you make your turn is often a better way to go.

Sidenote: Tapping the gas while youre oversteering works a bit to gain control of an oversteer, too. I like that alot :3

samrel1234

TC: rFactor much? happy.gif Nice to see another sim racer on here...

I just tap the ebrake for a split second while using the regular brakes and slide through the turn...

Seeing as Codemasters is screwing up the Toca series and MS is being very slow about adding Toca 3, this is going to be my sim for a while. Hahaha.

Anywho, I'm well aware of slowing down using the brakes. Like I said, I love sims.

I've found using the ebrake and the brakes yields less rotation. The understeering quality of braking added to the insane snap oversteer of the handbrake sort of mix into a nice slide, or at least one that doesn't send you flying off into things as badly. It would still be nice to have this dialed in a little better.

once you get used to driving it becomes easier....i f*cking love the ebrake, massive power slides cool.gif