TOO VIOLENT

Lex Icon

an news add on channel 10 australia just showed a clip saying the latest gta is too violent for OUR teenagers, WTF we have the censored version and their still complaining, i say mass genocide on all these conservative christians is the answer

Does anyone know what was censored in Aus & NZ's version?

stezza333
Does anyone know what was censored in Aus & NZ's version?

It's been covered before. Just search.

maybe they'd be happy if instead of picking up hookers, you picked up creationists and you were brain washed that god is real, and in stead of punching you gave hugs, and people dont die they get knocked out like pokemon,

LET ME HAVE MY GTA IN PEACE

natman_488
an news add on channel 10 australia just showed a clip saying the latest gta is too violent for OUR teenagers, WTF we have the censored version and their still complaining, i say mass genocide on all these conservative christians is the answer

HEAR HEAR!!!

religion = problems, and people who think that they are the only ones who are right

iceman654

Yeah well I agree it's to violent for teenagers, but without an R rating what do they expect? The game isn't intended for kids and it's ALREADY been toned down somewhat. I tell ya, these retarded conservative soccer mums campaign against an R rating and then have the nerve to scream bloody murder that certain games are getting into the hands of teenagers.....Would it kill them to think logically for once? Games now have a larger user base than movies, therefore it is inevitable the OFLC will pass would-be adult games into the measly MA15+ rating because that's as high as it goes. Introduce an R rating, enforce it and shut up I say.

At the end of the day games deal with a lot less controversial subjects than R rated movies do. It's just these uninformed, out-dated conservatives who don't have the slightest clue what they're talking about. They still think games are ONLY for kids and that any adult who plays games much be overly immature. 99% of the time they also pull the "games are more harmful because they're interactive" card without any sort of evidence what so ever to back it up. They're ignorant hypocrites. Alcohol, smokes, R rated movies, books etc are all fine by them but for some reason games are worse than all of it.

What reasonable person would even imply alcohol is less harmful to kids than a video game?

Edited by iceman654

Irrati0nal

I'm a Roman catholic and I enjoy slaughtering people with a mini gun in GTA I propose an attack on the mass media and politicians instead. It has been said many times before this is a game not for teens but for adults, they are once again taking it away from context and decievign the public.

hunterelf

yeh , i saw the news today too, they just hvn't played the series before, what they did was they heard other peoples(conservatives) opinion of the game and without finding out wt gta is, they just simply attack it angry.gif

for christ sake, they were goin to think of a way to ban people ordering the "uncensored" version on the internet,, oh come on! everyone knows wt place australia is, baning ppl to play the game is just ........sigh .....