4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Let's hear your rating..

needforspeed01

needforspeed01

Well to me this GTA4 installement dosen't deserve is 10, it deserves an 8, it just isnt the same to me, they took alot of good elements out, I guess I had my standards set way to high, what would u rate it out of 10?

Me: 8/10

TheIncredibleMrGQ

10/10...my cousin came over this afternoon and played it for 5 mins, and he went and bought a PS3 just to play it on

10/10. Since getting GTAIV I've stopped playing WoW, nothing (besides my girlfriend) used to be able to pull me away from it. So this game is very healthy for me.

Coltrane's Muse

9.8, easily. If the camera wasn't as easily manipulated as it is, then it would most assuredly garner a ten.

I give this game a 10/10. But, i wasnt a fan of vice city or SA. I found both previous installments to become old very quick and the story for both was sh*te IMO. I think IV takes it back to the glory years of III, the previous best to me. This game has gone above and beyond in every category

graphics- IT LOOKS 10/10 ON MY TV AND PS3, NO JAGGIES AND NO POP UPS SO STFU!!!

gameplay- Amazingly solid. Wonderful controls and wonderful car handling, once again to me.

sound- Amazing, i leave my radio off almost always just to hear the world around me. The sound of cops closing in from a couple of blocks away is intense.

story- Havent beaten the game yet but so far its very good. I havent even explored much yet cause i wanna know whats gonna happen. True the story could end up sucking wich would make me lessen my score but i dont think that will happen.

fun factor- c'mon 10/10

I'd say 8/10, reasons,

Graphics could be better, and the blur can be annoying at times. -0.5

Some small annoyances here and there. Too tired to remember it all but in general a few of the annoyances are still left from old games and could have been dealt with. -0.5

Multiplayer sucks for people who are older than 18 and would like to actually play with adults. I don't usually play my xbox and don't have many friends on xbox live. So far the multiplayer experience has almost always been ruined by,

1) Some underage kid yelling into his mic (of course since he is 12 he sounds like a girl too with a high pitched whiny voice)

2) The guy who just has his speakers on so loud that you get the echo of everything someone says, then the echo of the echo, then echo of the echo of the echo, etc... Pretty much gives a constant buzz for 30 sec after anyone says anything.

3) Random idiots who just like to scream whatever is on their mind as often as they can.

4) Morons who has to do their absolute best to destroy their own team just to be an ass.

Well I've managed to find a few ok people to play with and once you get past the game lobby and only have party chat with grown ups it is usually ok. However most games end so fast it feels like you just started playing when it's over. This point isn't rockstars fault but it still completely ruins the multiplayer aspect of the game. -1

So a 8/10, the single player is superb though.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, also very disappointed with the radio selection. If you like rock there is like one good song on the Liberty Rock station and other than that it's all crap. At least the previous GTA games had a decent selection for people who like rock. Seems to be mostly RnB, Hip Hop and Rap in this game just like San Andreas. Also the talk stations are all very short, can't be more than 30 minutes worth of stuff for each station so it gets old very fast. So the bad radio kind of ruins it for me, and I guess other rock fans will agree.

Edited by Beider

Coltrane's Muse
Hmm... After a long think, mine would be "1337/10".

Elite? Interesting.

9.9/10

Best game I ever played, period. But there are a few minor things that stop it from being a perfect 10.

I'm not disappointed at all & let me say, it far passed my expectations.

i give it a 6/10

why?

a:graphics, good. not what i'd hoped but acceptable. i feel COD4 looks way better but thats me. its also has alot smaller environs though so it should.

b:music selection SUCKS. and i mean it REALLY sucks. somone needs to be fired because whomevers in charge screwed the pooch on this one.

c:no car customs. added multiplayer then took this out where it would have been most interesting. somone needs some sense slapped into them.

d:no property puchasing. i liked being able to take over more and more of the city, alot in fact. nothing for plaers to spend there cash on in gta4 really.

e:the new physics are nice but again far from perfect. cars have waaay to much body roll. i use the "good" sports cars which should have rock hard suspensions as examples

f:online play needs alot of work. worst online play for any online playable ps3 game to date, even for the games release. this is not good.

g:way to many folks having hardware issues with this game. (xbox & ps3 both)

all in all. improvements were made over SA(most recent GTA to GTA4 is why im comparing) but way to many regressions unfortunately happened as well.

i,ll play through the storyline because its fairly fun for a couple hours at a time. but thats the same as i did with the other gta games. maybe when im actually able to play the online i,ll feel differently but as it stands the game sure as hell doesnt live up to the hype. i can play any other ps3 game online just fine, just this one will not connect for me every time ive tried it so far, and the multiplayer was the ONLY reason i waited at the store at midnight for this. biggrin.gif

Edited by Unknownhost

i give it a 6/10

What a moron. A 6? Are you seriously taking the piss?

And hay idiot. It was Sam Houser who basically had a clear vision of what music he wanted for the game. You're pathetic.

i give it a 6/10

And hay idiot. It was Sam Houser who basically had a clear vision of what music he wanted for the game. You're pathetic.

nice argument chumloader.

so Sam Houser is the one responsible for the sh*tty taste in music then? well at least we've identified the problem. next time around, let somone else pick sammyboy.

i give it a 6/10

so Sam Houser is the one responsible for the sh*tty taste in music then?

I guess so. Just because you dont like the music. Some people do. Like me.

Vive La France

11/10

Yes. Best GTA installment so far. Can't wait for the San Andreas rendition.

10/10, easily. It's not perfect, of course, but no game has really come as close to perfect as IV has.

How can you say 10/10 and then say it's not perfect? 10/10 would imply perfection you idiots.

I'd give it maybe 6.5/10 at a push. Extremely disappointed with the game so far.

I'm on the PS3, and seriously felt while playing it that I could well be playing SA on the PS2 with some modifications.

The PS3 is soo much better than the PS2, yet this is certainly not reflected in GTA IV.

Have to laugh at all these stupid reviews of it being "best game in 10 years" "best game ever" etc etc. It's disappointing to see that they couldn't do a lot better than this to be honest.

Completely overhyped to be honest and I can only hope that it isn't the same case with MGSO.

Oh and lol at "Darrell" calling someone pathetic because they don't agree with their opinion. What an idiot, but I'd imagine you're probably about 12 years old so your stupidity is understandable I guess.

How can you say 10/10 and then say it's not perfect? 10/10 would imply perfection you idiots.

I'd give it maybe 6.5/10 at a push. Extremely disappointed with the game so far.

I'm on the PS3, and seriously felt while playing it that I could well be playing SA on the PS2 with some modifications.

The PS3 is soo much better than the PS2, yet this is certainly not reflected in GTA IV.

Have to laugh at all these stupid reviews of it being "best game in 10 years" "best game ever" etc etc. It's disappointing to see that they couldn't do a lot better than this to be honest.

Completely overhyped to be honest and I can only hope that it isn't the same case with MGSO.

Oh and lol at "Darrell" calling someone pathetic because they don't agree with their opinion. What an idiot, but I'd imagine you're probably about 12 years old so your stupidity is understandable I guess.

lol id give it less than a 9 if my dick got cut off by the disc or somethin. but that didnt happen so this game gets 20 out of 10 and 2 cookies. cookie.gifcookie.gif

And that's what GTA IV is fool.

10/10.

Gameplay - 10/10

Graphics - 5/10

I'm using a Samsung 42 inch, 1080p LCD HDTV with 100 dollar HDMI cables, on a PS3 and I hate the graphics.

Luckily, the game play makes up for the graphics, but I SERIOUSLY hope Rockstar makes a game with better graphics next time.

And I'm talking about that stupid hazy, filmy filter they put on it.

10/10 - At the beginning i struggled with the car handling and game controls but after couple hours it feels more natural than any other gta! the AI of peds and cops is f*cking great too. The new police system is awesome, so easy to escape the pigs now! stealing cars that are driving around is awesome, i just aim at the guy in the drivers seat and he walks out with his hand in the air...

LOVE THIS GAME inlove.gif

Edited by ManBearPig

I'm giving it a 10/10 across the board. It has exceeded my expectations. I will put it right along side GTA III as the best all time in the series. Slight edge goes to IV. tounge.gif

9.5/10

some jaggys on my 50inch plasma with hdmi cables but I don't really notice them unless I try to notice them.