Can you fix the excessive blur?

NYC5

To me the blur is so excessive. It's pretty ridiculous. Even up close it looks all blurry especially in the day time. I've play on 1080p res and also 720p and its the same. Its on the ps3. Does someone know if this is fixable?

JordanMillward_1

To me the blur is so excessive. It's pretty ridiculous. Even up close it looks all blurry especially in the day time. I've play on 1080p res and also 720p and its the same. Its on the ps3. Does someone know if this is fixable?

Yes, by turning off the TV.

AKA: No.

ExpiredAnt

idk if you can do it for the ps3, but for the 360 if you set it to widescreen it minimizes the blur

and srry if you were dead, but this forum has basically confirms that the ps3 version runs at around 630p, not as they said it did

crackdawg

That's the R* shaders. They use 1x Anti-Aliasing to make room for this. What a pity. I'd rather have smooth edges than failed organic shaders.

I play on a 1080p Samsung at 29".

Edited by crackdawg
user posted image

I'm on the Xbox 360 but I found the blur excessive until I set the console display settings to Optimal Resolution instead of 720p or 1080i. My LCD TV's true resolution is 1360x768 so using 720p or 1080i results in the TV using additional anti-aliasing on top of whatever the console is doing. Blur upon blur. Optimal Resolution (in conjunction with a digital connection via HDMI) looks almost as good as a PC game. It may even be TOO sharp.

spectre01

the blurry you see is a HDR effect. The camera is focusing Niko, so the objects that are further away from the camera is kind blur.

What Blur? I don't see any blur on my game. It looks amazing on my TV 720p.