Xbox 360 - The Disk is Unreadable

MLG Cheehwawa

MLG Cheehwawa

What's up with this? I just got my Xbox back from Microsoft (they repaired the red rings) and I started playing GTA IV. I got to the clothing store in the beginning, bought some stuff, then the game froze.

I restarted my console, and played back to that point again (thanks, auto save) and it froze right when I reached the front door of the clothing store. This happened two more times.

Now I tried clearing my cache and deleting about 4 GB worth of demos and game saves (including all GTA IV saves) and the disk won't even get past the beginning photo montage now.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

EDIT:

I should also mention that I have tried loading the game up without being connected to the internet (ethernet unplugged) and tried both of my Harddrives. Now Halo 3 won't load up either. Is it something to do with the disk? The internet? My Xbox?

Edited by MLG Cheehwawa

A few questions, i might be able to help you.

Did you buy the SPECIAL EDITION?

Where did you get the game?

What type of XBOX 360 do you have?

Please feel free to add one of my messagers.

If you take a look at the Troubleshooting section, you will see everyone is having problems. It sounds to me like your XBox is broke, if other games arent playing. Time to give Microsoft another shout.

We will wait on the fix. tounge.gif

MLG Cheehwawa
A few questions, i might be able to help you.

Did you buy the SPECIAL EDITION?

Where did you get the game?

What type of XBOX 360 do you have?

Please feel free to add one of my messagers.

I got the regular edition.

I got it from a store down here called F.Y.E.

I have a Premium Xbox 360.

I think it's my Xbox actually, but the problem started in GTA. The same thing happened to my second Xbox 360 that's upstairs... I sent in this Xbox to get fixed for the red ring, you don't normally get your exact same Xbox back (I noticed mine being different, the disk drive doesn't get caught on the default faceplate when ejecting, and the power button doesn't click like my old one) so I guess whoever's I got had a failing disk drive. I requested a box, so I'll be sending it into Microsoft for repairs....

Couple more weeks without GTA IV cry.gif

I had the very same problem with my first copy, I brought it back to the store and they exchanged it for me, and now it works fine.

I imagine it is probably your DVD is bad, or the replacement drive in your Xbox 360 is bad.

GarthKnight08

It sounds to me that your 360 is broke, i had the same problem games would freeze at certain spots & wouldnt load & it turned out that my disc drive was fried. I feel for ya man as i had to buy a whole new 360 because i refused to wait months for Microsoft to fix it!

method.man 2
It sounds to me that your 360 is broke, i had the same problem games would freeze at certain spots & wouldnt load & it turned out that my disc drive was fried. I feel for ya man as i had to buy a whole new 360 because i refused to wait months for Microsoft to fix it!

months? when my 360 got the RROD i rang the helpline they took all my details UPS picked it up the next day and i got it back 5 days after that but that was way back in september and there probs wasnt nearly as many ppls 360's breaking

What's up with this? I just got my Xbox back from Microsoft (they repaired the red rings) and I started playing GTA IV. I got to the clothing store in the beginning, bought some stuff, then the game froze.

I restarted my console, and played back to that point again (thanks, auto save) and it froze right when I reached the front door of the clothing store. This happened two more times.

Now I tried clearing my cache and deleting about 4 GB worth of demos and game saves (including all GTA IV saves) and the disk won't even get past the beginning photo montage now.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

EDIT:

I should also mention that I have tried loading the game up without being connected to the internet (ethernet unplugged) and tried both of my Harddrives. Now Halo 3 won't load up either. Is it something to do with the disk? The internet? My Xbox?

its an xbox 360 ... nah just kidding seems like a disk read error

user posted image