40 GB freezing

bass1ld

My GTA keeps freezing during the gameplay not during the cutscenes like most of the 60GB.Is anyone having the same problem with there 40GB PS3.

Yup, I got my shipment today, it starting freezing, it would freeze for 3 secs, then go back to normal, and freeze again for a sec... I brought it back got another copy from bestbuy same thing is happening... this is sh*t

yeah my 40 gigs freezing, at first it was on missions when the games seemed to be loading in enemies and it was only for a few seconds, then it started freezing completely on missions and now i cant even get out of the safehouse!

Mine fully froze a couple of times yesterday when i was trying to access the Social Club while playing on my 40GB PS3. When i logged out of the Social Club on my computer my PS3 didn't freeze again.

maverick808

I have a 40GB and played about 6 hours each over 2 days with no problems. Then yesterday my sister came over and was trying the game and it started freezing for 1-2 seconds here and there then longer and longer. Difference was that she likes it very hot so I had the heating in the house turned up for her... obviously the PS3 must have been overheating.

I never had a completely full freeze but I had very long freezes. Freezes kept getting longer and longer and eventually would freeze for 30-60 seconds but it would come back if I just waited. Turned the heat in the house down and the freezes got shorter and eventually stopped.

So I think there are two types of freezes... the very bad freeze that does lock up the PS3 completely (which I haven't had) and the not-so-bad freezes that are heat related and do occur on the 40GB.

SteveOTSP

I have it on my 40GB PS3 and I'm having the full lock-up. I've been getting the odd 2-3 second freeze every now and again but the full PS3 lockup has happened 3 times in one night, first when I was doing the 2nd mission for Brian, and 2 times when I'm trying to do Little Jacob's 2nd mission. I called up my local GameStation store and they told me that Rockstar are currently working on fixing the problem and that I should check the forums but I've had no luck... anyone else know about this apparent patch?

Raindancer
I have a 40GB and played about 6 hours each over 2 days with no problems. Then yesterday my sister came over and was trying the game and it started freezing for 1-2 seconds here and there then longer and longer. Difference was that she likes it very hot so I had the heating in the house turned up for her... obviously the PS3 must have been overheating.

I never had a completely full freeze but I had very long freezes. Freezes kept getting longer and longer and eventually would freeze for 30-60 seconds but it would come back if I just waited. Turned the heat in the house down and the freezes got shorter and eventually stopped.

So I think there are two types of freezes... the very bad freeze that does lock up the PS3 completely (which I haven't had) and the not-so-bad freezes that are heat related and do occur on the 40GB.

Makes sense, I so far have not had a problem with my Launch 60gb (Touch wood) At about 1am this morning I put the heating on for a little bit and the fan in the PS3 started to go crazy, turned the heating off and the PS went back to normal.

Raindancer_5.gif

gamefreak78

sounds like ps3 is far from perfect either, just for all u haters with your classy RROD comments

I got GTA 4 Yesterday, had the 3 second freeze, brought it back got a brand new 1, played all day and now its doing the same thing.... Best game ever played but this is inconvience ......

Coral_City

Does anyone give their PS3 a break? Or is it just straight through, play all day, kill every motherf*cker alive kinda thing?

Never happened to me. I have 40Gb and I've been playing for about 25 hours.

gtaadam81

Had no problems with lockups till tonight (20hrs through atm). I started to get one second lockups, never happened before, also my WiFi light was flashing alot when this was happening, I have no idea what is accessing the network to cause these quick lockups!

I have the same problem,but with 60 GB version....I think,that's simply problem with game's code,not with our consoles or something.We have wait for Rockstar's patch and everything will be great.My game's freezing despite that I use not online option...Do you have maybe problems with game slowing down?

headbangerz

suprisingly, this also happen to me while i am playin it through my 40gb . I thought it was with the duration i play, which was around 4 hrs.

it freezes every 15. min like clockwork.

then it cant read the disc. i have to restore the system, do a hard reset, power it off, keep trying this and that.

it makes no sense. yesterday i played 16 hourd with NO feeezes. played 6 today, then it frooze. and after that everything has gone sideways. constant crashes, Bd wont read discs, if im lucky i can boot up the game. its very random, but as for now it freezes every 15 min... dontgetit.gif

Ok I had GTA4 since release day..It would freeze on the install to harddisc screen either at 25 percent or 50 percent.

I exchanged the game for a new one....It also froze like the first one. I did a quick format...it still froze on the install screen at like 50 percent. I did a full format (4 hours!!!) and it still froze at 50 percent but if you look at the install file it is fully installed but has no version number. I then set my resolution to 720p...it was set to 1080i....I was then able to get to the first intro movie...and it froze....so I am getting somewhere. I had internet enable...so what I will do now is delete the install file, disable internet and media server...and then make sure I am set to 720p...and do the install again.

My TV is not 1080p...but 1080i\720p

I have a 60Gb PS3...launch edition...no other issues with any other games.

twist3d_c

ive got a 360 and its on its last leg i think. i got a two year warranty on it, and i might wanna see if they'll let me trade it in for store credit or somethin and get a 40GB PS3, if they let me, should i do it???

Edited by twist3d_c

I hate when people post "Mine is working and the game is great!". They are just rubbing it in for us haha.