Living together in Liberty City

davidapple

I heard that a group of people are playing together on GTAIV and doing normal stuff like driving sensibly and going bowling and stuff and chatting to each other. Apparently, they're not letting any random people in and they're all getting on really well! Like building a community.

Does anyone know if this is true?

bvproductions

You can't bowl together, so that part isn't true. lol.

Sounds like it'd be rather boring to drive sensibly though. tounge.gif

(CBE)VengefulCrusade

Queers.

When I do free-roam, I cause absolute mayhem.

Give me an M4, some body armor and I will make life miserable for anyone else in LC.

user posted image

ULTAMIT WINNAR
This sounds fun, you know how to contact these guys?

Yeah, try the Second Life forums

I heard that a group of people are playing together on GTAIV and doing normal stuff like driving sensibly and going bowling and stuff and chatting to each other. Apparently, they're not letting any random people in and they're all getting on really well! Like building a community.

thats actually quite creepy.

how very 'lord of the flies'.

I think it's more likely that a group of players would team up to try to lord over any new players trying to enter the town.

davidapple

I was thinking it might be quite fun to hold a weekly marathon. Turn all of the traffic, guns, people and everything off. Agree a start point at the top left of the map and end point at the bottom right, meet up at the start point, signal to start and the first person to the end point wins!

Everyone would have to swim across the islands. It might be quite fun. We could call it the 'Monday Night Midnight Marathon'.

If that should to boring, I suppose we could turn on guns, but then anyone who dies would get there first!

thor1to3for5

You can't do any activity that would cost money or require an activation arrow in freeroam. freeroam is just an unreanked scoreless death match.

davidapple
You can't do any activity that would cost money or require an activation arrow in freeroam. freeroam is just an unreanked scoreless death match.

It wouldn't be for money or ranking and there wouldn't be an official start (maybe someone could say 'go' on their headset!) it would just be a free roam with everyone agreeing to race across the map at the same time. Once you get to the end, you would have to stay there so that everyone else would know that you have won.

It's a pretty goofy idea but I think it would be good fun.

ChristopherJeezy

all I have to say is when I get my xbox live soon, im going to start a clan, eventually atleast when I make friends who arent complete retarded n00bs, but yeah we gonna pwn on muf*ckas! happy.gif soon!

That's sounds insanely gay. The way you wrote that sounds so gay lol.gif I really did laugh at that.

P.S Where can i join this group?

I am looking for a bit of info, how do you become part of a clan or make your own clan.

Meadsy4742
all I have to say is when I get my xbox live soon, im going to start a clan, eventually atleast when I make friends who arent complete retarded n00bs, but yeah we gonna pwn on muf*ckas! happy.gif soon!

LOL - sounds like you've never been on LIVE before? Its a completely different world! Multiplayer on GTA IV is something else!

PS - theres always someone better than you!

SaintJimmy

Sounds like a gay, gay sitcom.

ChristopherJeezy
all I have to say is when I get my xbox live soon, im going to start a clan, eventually atleast when I make friends who arent complete retarded n00bs, but yeah we gonna pwn on muf*ckas!  happy.gif soon!

LOL - sounds like you've never been on LIVE before? Its a completely different world! Multiplayer on GTA IV is something else!

You're right, I mean eventually, not anytime soon, when the online feature is fixed, all the connection problems are over, they add patches an what not to the things they left out such as seeing whos talking an what not, other little things they forgot, no time in the near future, but eventaully I am going to start a clan, or join one that fits me, hopefully people will make clans on here, considering it'll be fun to have clanwars in team deathmatches an what not.... personally I plan on starting a "gang" for online lol, or maybe a mafia... THE JEEZY FAMILY... hahaha.. anyways... im just using my imagination, I dont have the game yet, or a system to play it, but ill have both soon, so for now, im just letting my mind wander... dontgetit.gif

I wish rockstar would host like a global server, that was always online, just a free roam, able to fit like 500 people at a time(impossible) but it would be nice to see different clans taking territory, clans helping friend clans take on enemy clans, clans trying to take others turfs an what not, it'd be great considering the amount of people in one game, theres no limit to what you could do lol... it'd be annoying tho, it'd be so chaotic an retardly laggy... ill just keep dreaming confused.gif

cromscott

aRE THEY ON f*ckING CRACK THE SAD TWATS......AND ALL YOU MUGS WHO WANT TO JOIN HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME......FOOKIN LOONS

• 1 month later...
CharlieVonWoodgate

pmsl this is the ultimate pinnacle of being gay on live. who jumps into a free mode only to act as they would in real life?? if u want a pleasure drive, get in your car and talk to your real mates....if your unlukcy enough to have neither, take a hotwiring course and take your neighbours car, and fashion friends out of household objects, suchas a mop for a best friend, and a pillow with make up on for your slutty girlfriend etc... sly.gif but it is funny to do free mode with mates, and at inappropriate times just stop the car...let the choppers catch up and admire the view, orstop at red lights to piss your comrades off. or perhaps have a slaughter-fest and then all wait for the bus casually while the cops show up and a designated player as bus drive slowly pulls up and drives you all to safety, while stopping at the bus stop to se if any npc's want a lift too.

all I have to say is when I get my xbox live soon, im going to start a clan, eventually atleast when I make friends who arent complete retarded n00bs, but yeah we gonna pwn on muf*ckas!  happy.gif soon!

You're right, I mean eventually, not anytime soon, when the online feature is fixed, all the connection problems are over, they add patches an what not to the things they left out such as seeing whos talking an what not, other little things they forgot, no time in the near future, but eventaully I am going to start a clan, or join one that fits me, hopefully people will make clans on here, considering it'll be fun to have clanwars in team deathmatches an what not.... personally I plan on starting a "gang" for online lol, or maybe a mafia... THE JEEZY FAMILY... hahaha.. anyways... im just using my imagination, I dont have the game yet, or a system to play it, but ill have both soon, so for now, im just letting my mind wander... dontgetit.gif

I wish rockstar would host like a global server, that was always online, just a free roam, able to fit like 500 people at a time(impossible) but it would be nice to see different clans taking territory, clans helping friend clans take on enemy clans, clans trying to take others turfs an what not, it'd be great considering the amount of people in one game, theres no limit to what you could do lol... it'd be annoying tho, it'd be so chaotic an retardly laggy... ill just keep dreaming confused.gif

Or you can just go back to World of Warcraft. GTA Online isn't happening any time soon.

It does sound pretty good for like the first 5 mins. But after that who really wants to stop at traffic lights and not break the speed limit. suicidal.gif No ill pass on this one.

the "all getting on really well" part is good but the rest sounds boring yawn.gif

SuperJude™

I can't see this being amusing for more than say 10 minutes. I'd get a car, obey the traffic lights, get to Burger Shot and not be able to control my urge to start killing people. I hope this is just a rumor (rumour for you Canadians, Brits, Kiwis and Aussies!)

Cycleswithin

You can't do any activity that would cost money or require an activation arrow in freeroam.  freeroam is just an unreanked scoreless death match.

It wouldn't be for money or ranking and there wouldn't be an official start (maybe someone could say 'go' on their headset!) it would just be a free roam with everyone agreeing to race across the map at the same time. Once you get to the end, you would have to stay there so that everyone else would know that you have won.

It's a pretty goofy idea but I think it would be good fun.

Do you know about Cannonball Run and Free Run modes in GTA Race? Sounds like what you proposed. Maybe you can turn off all peds and cars too.

APOCALYPS3 is pretty close to what you described. You can't bowl, though, but we've held Destruction Derbies in the bowling alley. So we've bowled people down, but not pins. Lately we've been doing a lot of free-roaming and just stunting around. We're also incredibly good at shooting other people who we don't get along with.

But f*ck following speed limits.

So no to driving sensibly (I can't drive at all, actually, and the others don't drive sensibly, although Panz definitely knocks down every female driver stereotype and then runs them over with her mad skills).

We've done a bowling 'variation', the DD I mentioned above. And we chat to each other a lot, but not with mics. The link to the topic is in my sig. But you were right; we don't let random people in. We do get along very well. And the amount of guests we play with does tend to hint at a community.

Your post was 99% true. smile.gif