Rollercoasters, Nightclubs & empty Streets.

Dark-Mistress

Do you know anything about the rides at the funfairs?

"Here in America we call it the carnival."

-Michelle

Sorry, I just couldnt help meself.

38773_s.gif

Hove_Beach

my 2 cents is that the ped density is spot on - you even get realistic traffic jams in this one - but not jams that tail back like real life and get u pissed off - lol

plus u do get a lot more variation in peds and traffic

On a side not, though, I am very impressed at how each car has slight modifications from the another car of the same model, like one might have a spoiler and one might not, or one might have a hood scoop and one might not.

its all the little things u take for granted in this one - like peds going througha bin in a alley or sweeping roads - or loads of peds dead cause uplowed them over at the outside cafe u just crashed into rampage_ani.gif lmao

ped density in some areas could be more but the changes they have made in the peds is very welcome - they are no longer zombies - u can even follow them once they have been arrested - lol = its great

for interiors etc - if the dlc is used correctly - IE LISTENING TO THE GTA boards - GTA IV will get much better - cause we all asking for the same things and the DLC makes it easy to implement !!!

Ive modded al the other gtas, from car textures, to guns, new islands so the DLC so new textures will be easy for those guys to add on. could be very GOOD if they do it right.

Exactly, there is barely ANY place in the entire city where there is lots of pedestrians. I was hoping for a 'living breathing city' But we all got pretty much a ghosttown!

And what did you expect? The choice was: crowds or Euphoria. You can't have both on modern hardware. There simply aren't enough resources to compute life-like animations for hundreds of people at once. R* went with Euphoria.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

GTAfanatical
So far you can't ride the roller coaster but i'm not sure if its possible at the end of the game (probably not)

Also i'm very happy with the amount of pedestrians in place. Assassins Creed had a load of people but they were lifeless. Also the city is huge and compacted. I've seen like over 20 people on one street near middle park and i was astonished. There may not be so much in Star Junction (Time Square) but it's more then any game could ever accomplish, so i don't have a real problem with this.

how were the people in assassins creed lifeless they had more life than the ones in this game

For an answer on the Ped issue:  You will not find large ammounts of peds anywhere in the city on a console version of this game.  The processors, both CPU and GPU simply cannot handle the rendering and path determination to allow more than a set ammount of peds to spawn along with the road traffic.  If you want more peds then pester the crap out of R* for a PC release with a 'traffic limit' based on the computers specifications, that is the only way we'll see a REAL living city if it is created on PC.  This issue came up with previous GTA's and the reply was much the same, a console is just too limited to handle a true living city environment, so either live with it or make ruckus and try to force R*'s hand in release a PC version.

Assassins Creeds streets are pretty crowded, aalthough I relise theres no cars but still.

But they didn't interact at all in assassins creed and there were tons of the same peds clumped together.

How do you find a specific road/address...? Do you put the road name in the sat nav or what? Instead of just clicking anywhere on the map, inserting a road name....?

Use the map you got with the game...

the1andonlyak47
First, I haven't played the game yet, I've only watched videos.

I think the amount of peds is kept low because of gameplay reasons.. If Times Square was packed with people, and you would be in a chasing mission it could get rather messy if you ran into them, people flying everywhere.. But true, a couple more people wouldn't have been a bad thing.

I was expecting nightclubs as well. Maybe even concerts with bands playing.. And generally more interiors/places to explore more building you can enter (mall, shops), and escalators/elevators.. More pigeons crapping everywhere (and an occasional poodle).. A gambling machine.. And I haven't seen police on motorbikes.

They could have done more to make it more breathing and living.. Taking a cab is great, trains are great, I like the cable car.. But I want to buy condoms at a nightstore before I go out on a date, I want to see people line up in stores or airport. I want the option to go to a jobcenter and do firetruck missions, ambulance missions etc. (even if it were a seperate multiplayer component).. More interesting characters in the world: mime players, jugglers, preachers (and those who warm for armageddon), a random dude playing guitar or something else they're good at, or random beggars, protesters carrying signs (events)..

I agree there could have been a lot more variation to what peds do in the game but there ar some people in places like middle park who play the saxaphone for money etc and there are beggars and people prophecising about alien attacks in broker.

• 2 months later...
thalonerangerc.s.a

there are 2 night clubs. i accidently came across them when i was on dates. they are only open during certain times though.

Prfctpersistent

theres a nightclub in algonoquin but you cant go inside just take your girlfriend out on a date there and you just get wasted no dancing no music no vice city stuff u just go into the marker come out spittling drunk. disappointing

Yes you can ride/drive to funfair stuff.

Theres always enough f*cking peds for me to run over and get wanteds  sad.gif

what game are you playing??.. you can't ride any of the funfair stuff in gta iv.

Well, I done it with Roman after we went for a drink last night so.... confused.gif

Dude...you rode a funfair amusemant park ride while drunk? Stop hanging out with Roman smile.gif

So far you can't ride the roller coaster but i'm not sure if its possible at the end of the game (probably not)

Also i'm very happy with the amount of pedestrians in place. Assassins Creed had a load of people but they were lifeless. Also the city is huge and compacted. I've seen like over 20 people on one street near middle park and i was astonished. There may not be so much in Star Junction (Time Square) but it's more then any game could ever accomplish, so i don't have a real problem with this.

how were the people in assassins creed lifeless they had more life than the ones in this game

Dude, have you even played AC? I've done a little test monocle.gif followed a guy around, he was just walking around with no point of life. He was just useless. In GTA IV, I followed a guy, and he walked and walked...UNTIL! He sat down! OH MY GAWD! THAT GUY JUST PAWNED YOU!

No, seriously, GTA IV Peds have a life. Without them, this would be the most boring game, ever. They make the city alive and even if i'm done playing the story. Completed it* I still play GTA IV DAYS after i've finished the story. The peds are simply amazing.

the reason that aren't a lot pedesterians is because they lower the frame per second and as r* didn't have a good job on having a stable frame rate they lowered the pedesterians,lowered the quality of shadows ext.

JasonThummel

The physics lag the game. Each pedesrian is checked every frame for contact with the environment. If the game was using San Andreas styled physics, they could really just pump up the count until the graphics card has trouble rendering the polygons.

There are two or three clubs, but you cant enter them. You can only go there for a date and only at night( i could go there for a date only at night). Its just like a bar you just enter... black screen ... and after you appear to be uploaded by tones of RUSSIAN vodka.

I dont care how many peds walking on the street, the main thing is that they are alive: they read newspapers; buy soda and hotdogs; talking on mobile phones, etc.

Raptor Jesus

I was severely dissapointed the first time I drove through Star Junction and saw about 20 peds on the street. It's supposed to be Times Square, where there are 200 people busting through one intersection, not just a few people. I really agree with a lot of people saying that Liberty City really feels like a ghost town.

One of my favorite things to do in Vice City was enter the nightclub, fire up the old flamethrower, and BAM! a 4 star wanted level. Now I can't replicate that in IV for two reasons.

brOkeRxBoYxLC
Is there a nightclub in this? I don't mean the strip club. Like an actual nightclub. Like the Malibu club in Vice City, with lots of people dancing and drinking and stuff?

Also, there doesn't seem to be alot of pedestrians, like in 'Times Square' It looks really deserted. & in general the game looks like it doesn't have alot of pedestrians in it. I mean Kane & Lynch had like 100 people in that nightclub that time and Assasins Creed had hundreds. I just can't help but feel that the city just feels empty without having many a pedestrians in it. Especially in the daytime like Times Square. It should be packed out.

Can you ride the rides aswell? Like the rollercoaster & the ferris wheel? I also hear there is two funfairs?

If you could find answers to my questions I'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards.

i agree with the pedestrian thing. i go to manhattan a lot and it is jam packed. rockstar did a great job making star junction much like times square, but the peds just arent there.new york is based on people.

and i have found a way to ride the screamer. You take a car like a cop cruiser or taxi cab, and while u are passing the screamer, next to the beach gate entrance, there is an opening in the fence where u would take ur car into.when u go in it, make a quick right and soon u will see where the tracks are almost lowered to the ground. this takes a while to get on, but its great when u ride it.

Yeh I know lol New York City wihout a few nightclubs is just ridiculous...

actually there are loads of clubs but only a few you can get into, and even then it's only the same experience of the bar... dontgetit.gif

user posted image