Rollercoasters, Nightclubs & empty Streets.

Dark-Mistress

Dark-Mistress

Is there a nightclub in this? I don't mean the strip club. Like an actual nightclub. Like the Malibu club in Vice City, with lots of people dancing and drinking and stuff?

Also, there doesn't seem to be alot of pedestrians, like in 'Times Square' It looks really deserted. & in general the game looks like it doesn't have alot of pedestrians in it. I mean Kane & Lynch had like 100 people in that nightclub that time and Assasins Creed had hundreds. I just can't help but feel that the city just feels empty without having many a pedestrians in it. Especially in the daytime like Times Square. It should be packed out.

Can you ride the rides aswell? Like the rollercoaster & the ferris wheel? I also hear there is two funfairs?

If you could find answers to my questions I'd really appreciate it.

Kind Regards.

DimitriIsGay

I haven't found any nightclubs... I hope some do start to appear as New York should be sarming with them... especially down times square... and i agree there are hardly any peds down times square, it feels deserted as if there is no atmosphere...

Dark-Mistress

Exactly, there is barely ANY place in the entire city where there is lots of pedestrians. I was hoping for a 'living breathing city' But we all got pretty much a ghosttown!

I was really looking forward to finding a nightclub aswell, but there isn't one! Gutted.

DimitriIsGay

In some areas there are more peds than others, however down times square there are only about 20 in the whole junction, it should be swarming... it just feels like a road with advertisements - not one of the busiest junctions in the world...

Also, what happend to the idea that most buildings would be accessible...?

Dark-Mistress

That wen't out of the window didn't it!!!

Do you know anything about the rides at the funfairs?

We -need- to find a nightclub!

The bars only satisfy a little bit.

How do you sit down at the bar, tables and benches?

DimitriIsGay

When i took Michelle bowling she told me that the funfair had been bought and was being made into a 'Las Venturas' style theme park, doubt anything will come of it... and I dont think you can sit down either...

Dark-Mistress

Ohright. Yeah I heard also that there is another 'funfair' type area, and several people are claming that the rides can be ridden. But no videos or pictures have yet surfaced. But I do hope that it's true!

Nightclub Nightclub Nightclub!!!!!

Where is it, or them?

There has to be atleast one!!!

So far you can't ride the roller coaster but i'm not sure if its possible at the end of the game (probably not)

Also i'm very happy with the amount of pedestrians in place. Assassins Creed had a load of people but they were lifeless. Also the city is huge and compacted. I've seen like over 20 people on one street near middle park and i was astonished. There may not be so much in Star Junction (Time Square) but it's more then any game could ever accomplish, so i don't have a real problem with this.

1602McNeil5t douja

they are not come out because you probably were killing people so the pedestrians got scared and decided not to come out and when i played i went on a killing spree and people werent on the streets anymore it might sound crazy but R* probably added that to the realism

if some wild a$$ dude was on the street killing people would you come out

think about it

Dark-Mistress

So far you can't ride the roller coaster but i'm not sure if its possible at the end of the game (probably not)

Also i'm very happy with the amount of pedestrians in place. Assassins Creed had a load of people but they were lifeless. Also the city is huge and compacted. I've seen like over 20 people on one street near middle park and i was astonished. There may not be so much in Star Junction (Time Square) but it's more then any game could ever accomplish, so i don't have a real problem with this.

Yes, but to be fair, you'd have assumed they would have populated the city a bit more.

& Considering they have just under 900 dfferent pedestrian models. Or was it just over 700? Between that median anyway.

To be fair the city is quite dead at night time in some parts but its plenty busy during the day lots of pedestrians and at least 20 cars at each junction in the middle of the city. Also there are some areas in the game like near the ocean and at sight seeing areas where i've easily encountered 40+ pedestrians in very crowded areas.

The fairground never opens it's always closed till the end.

Why do you want night clubs in the game anyway? So you can go there and press a single button to dance? WOW sounds like a whole lot of fun... why don't you go to a real club instead? I'd much rather fun stuff that I cant do in real life, like being able to go on rampages etc... Leave the stuff like night clubs to "real life".

Why do you want night clubs in the game anyway? So you can go there and press a single button to dance? WOW sounds like a whole lot of fun... why don't you go to a real club instead? I'd much rather fun stuff that I cant do in real life, like being able to go on rampages etc... Leave the stuff like night clubs to "real life".

Agree one hundred percent. You have cabaret, something you can actually be involved with but you'd rather make your character dance? Niko doesn't seem like a guy who would get his groove on. Also, strip club. Come on, you've got hot bodies there, what more do you need??

Dark-Mistress

I'm not talking about dancing like in san andreas. Nightclub = getting drunk & going on a dancing date. - Nightclub = lots of people = massive explosion goodness!

I'm not talking about dancing like in san andreas. Nightclub = getting drunk & going on a dancing date. - Nightclub = lots of people = massive explosion goodness!

There's lots of people in the strip club/caberet club so it doesn't really matter

Dark-Mistress

Still would have been nice regardless. Maybe it has been overlooked or yet to be discovered?

Whats this that the funfair is reopened near the end? Care to elaborate? tounge.gif

DeAdLy_cOoKiE

First, I haven't played the game yet, I've only watched videos.

I think the amount of peds is kept low because of gameplay reasons.. If Times Square was packed with people, and you would be in a chasing mission it could get rather messy if you ran into them, people flying everywhere.. But true, a couple more people wouldn't have been a bad thing.

I was expecting nightclubs as well. Maybe even concerts with bands playing.. And generally more interiors/places to explore more building you can enter (mall, shops), and escalators/elevators.. More pigeons crapping everywhere (and an occasional poodle).. A gambling machine.. And I haven't seen police on motorbikes.

They could have done more to make it more breathing and living.. Taking a cab is great, trains are great, I like the cable car.. But I want to buy condoms at a nightstore before I go out on a date, I want to see people line up in stores or airport. I want the option to go to a jobcenter and do firetruck missions, ambulance missions etc. (even if it were a seperate multiplayer component).. More interesting characters in the world: mime players, jugglers, preachers (and those who warm for armageddon), a random dude playing guitar or something else they're good at, or random beggars, protesters carrying signs (events)..

Edited by DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Dark-Mistress

According to one of the games reviews there is a shopping mall in it!!

I could have sworn there are police on motorbikes. No, wait, I'm thinking of San Andreas!

apache77pilot

i dont care about nightclubs or roller coasteres. but i do want more peds

soylomass

Maybe the PS3 or xbox360 cant handle a lot of pedestrians moving at the same time.

I'm really satisfied with the amount of people. Star junction feels alive. The city feels alive. It feels great.

try this website in the games internet

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

For an answer on the Ped issue: You will not find large ammounts of peds anywhere in the city on a console version of this game. The processors, both CPU and GPU simply cannot handle the rendering and path determination to allow more than a set ammount of peds to spawn along with the road traffic. If you want more peds then pester the crap out of R* for a PC release with a 'traffic limit' based on the computers specifications, that is the only way we'll see a REAL living city if it is created on PC. This issue came up with previous GTA's and the reply was much the same, a console is just too limited to handle a true living city environment, so either live with it or make ruckus and try to force R*'s hand in release a PC version.

reeferchief
For an answer on the Ped issue: You will not find large ammounts of peds anywhere in the city on a console version of this game. The processors, both CPU and GPU simply cannot handle the rendering and path determination to allow more than a set ammount of peds to spawn along with the road traffic. If you want more peds then pester the crap out of R* for a PC release with a 'traffic limit' based on the computers specifications, that is the only way we'll see a REAL living city if it is created on PC. This issue came up with previous GTA's and the reply was much the same, a console is just too limited to handle a true living city environment, so either live with it or make ruckus and try to force R*'s hand in release a PC version.

Assassins Creeds streets are pretty crowded, aalthough I relise theres no cars but still.

Yes you can ride/drive to funfair stuff.

Theres always enough f*cking peds for me to run over and get wanteds sad.gif

Bboighst48
Yes you can ride/drive to funfair stuff.

Theres always enough f*cking peds for me to run over and get wanteds sad.gif

what game are you playing??.. you can't ride any of the funfair stuff in gta iv.

For an answer on the Ped issue:  You will not find large ammounts of peds anywhere in the city on a console version of this game.  The processors, both CPU and GPU simply cannot handle the rendering and path determination to allow more than a set ammount of peds to spawn along with the road traffic.  If you want more peds then pester the crap out of R* for a PC release with a 'traffic limit' based on the computers specifications, that is the only way we'll see a REAL living city if it is created on PC.  This issue came up with previous GTA's and the reply was much the same, a console is just too limited to handle a true living city environment, so either live with it or make ruckus and try to force R*'s hand in release a PC version.

Assassins Creeds streets are pretty crowded, aalthough I relise theres no cars but still.

You've stated the major difference right there, no vehicles, Assasins Creed is a wicked good game and they done a good job with populating it with NPC's, but those NPC's behave differently from GTA Peds as well, from what I understand the processing power required for simple ped movement and ped2ped interaction is a bit more complex in GTA than AC, add to the the complex patterns of NPC vehicles and the simple traffic programming becomes quite complex and requires vast ammounts of processing power. Almost three quarters of the processing power required by GTA is simply to co-ordinate the traffic in game, right down to car crashes, random carjackings and the rest. smile.gif

Btw yeah, I love AC too, damn fun game. wink.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]
Maybe the PS3 or xbox360 cant handle a lot of pedestrians moving at the same time.

You obviously have never played "Dead Rising"

ps3 user all the way

' date='May 1 2008, 09:16']

You obviously have never played "Dead Rising"

There's a HUGE difference between 'Pedestrians' and mindless zombies with only one purpose. Pedestrians are people that move about in a cityscape much like real people, zombies just come towards you and attack. As I said HUUUUUUGE difference.