Vlad not appearing on the map

Fadanoid

So I did the Ivan The Terrible mission (at least I think that's what it's called. It's one of the early ones where you have to chase a guy over some rooftops and then decide whether to save him or stamp on his hands and let him drop)

So Niko rings Vlad to let him know the mission's over, and halfway through the phonecall I accidentally pressed the circle button (PS3) and cut off the call. Now I'm not getting any calls from Vlad, he's not appearing on the map, and the floating marker across the street from the safehouse has gone.

I'm guessing that cutting off the call somehow prevented the mission from completing properly. Now the only things I can do are call Roman for jobs or to take him out, or call Michelle for a date. Am I right in thinking that I'm going to have to start all over again, seeing as the main story seems to have just disappeared? How the hell could something as simple as cutting off the call mean that the entire game is ruined?

Edited by Fadanoid

I quit a call once by being run over by an idiot. A few seconds later I got a "new" call with the same info/story. This was in a mission but I don't remember which one.

Other times, when I've done something else than taking a mission I just get the same call a few minutes later.

Playing on 360 (haven't got my PS3 copy yet).

The next Ivan mission is actually from Roman, he will call you......

I've put in like 6 hours of gameplay after completing the first Ivan mission and Roman still hasn't called me, so I'm guessing that something's wrong

Try just calling Roman, not for anything specific.

xheartshapebox

Did you kill Ivan? I let him live (aww nice of me i know) and i was able to continute with missions, not vlads though.

Yeah, I killed him devil.gif

I've already tried calling Roman. If I call him normally, I just get the answerphone. If I call him for a job, I get nothing but taxi fares.

In the six hours of gameplay after killing Ivan, I've not had a single call from anyone.

nlitement

This is why you save the game at your safehouse to avoid getting royally f*cked by the auto save. blush.gif

Fuzzknuckles

Is your phone on sleep mode? confused.gif

Signatures are dumb anyway.

doa kappatango

I had this, but not for as long.

Take a drive to Roman's place - there should be a mission Arrow waiting for you.

This is why you save the game at your safehouse to avoid getting royally f*cked by the auto save. blush.gif

LOL Yeah very true. I've been playing games long enough to have known that blush.gif

Take a drive to Roman's place - there should be a mission Arrow waiting for you.

Holy C***P

I will now punch myself hard in the face suicidal.gif

I just did what you said and the arrow was there! How could I not have seen that? It's kicked off a mission cool.gif

I was so close to deleting the game info from the hard drive you wouldn't believe.

doa kappatango

Holy C***P

I will now punch myself hard in the face suicidal.gif

I just did what you said and the arrow was there! How could I not have seen that? It's kicked off a mission cool.gif

I was so close to deleting the game info from the hard drive you wouldn't believe.

Cool, glad I could help.

I had a similar thing to you - I was on the phone up on the roof, went to jump while on the phone (madness) and fell to my death during the call.....

w33dzombii

I have the same problem but further in the game. All mission Icons have disapeared and no one is answering my calls. All becoz I got cut off right after a mission and the auto save screwed me. This is a common issue and people have started more threads about it. I am on "Final Interview" and stuck there... Anyone?