The Master & the Moltov

l1zardking

well I can kill the 1st bunch of guards but when I move forward and more appear they kill me because theres no cover from which I am safe and I can shoot em. Any tips/ walk through would be appreciated.

I took cover by the right hand corner of the stage, and took some of the guys out.

Once you've done that go through the door and there's only 3 or 4 more guards to kill before following your target up the stairs.

Make sure you collect the body armour from up and around the side of the club.

I'm having some difficulty with getting past the melee once I leave the stage area exit door. I have tried bum-rushing past, didn't work. Took my time and eliminated all guards, Faustin got away. I'll just keep being persistent biggrin.gif

Faustin didn't really go anywhere...

Follow him to the top of the stairs and he's got nowhere to go!

Faustin didn't really go anywhere...

Follow him to the top of the stairs and he's got nowhere to go!

..yeah, the first time I tried the mission I actually went back out the front door, I figured I could cut him off running outside but he just stays there.

*Faustin actually climbs up the stairs to the rooftop, if you can't get him before he leaves the club. Just keep your target locked on Faustin, hes got a TMAC, but if you duck and cover right, he's no problem at all!

It was fun watching his body slump off the building xD

I just ran past most of them. I tried to kill them the first time but it said Faustin got away and failed me. Once you get up the stairs they cant hit you to well.

skytiger666

(vent warning)

this mission really shows up the shortcomings of this game

- if you jump on the bar you can not target the bar keeper

- you can get stuck on a CHAIR

- half the time niko just does not respond to control inputs

all I want to do is execute everybody

yet after 8 attempts I always die

after getting snagged or stuck or something boring like that

the game does not "flow"

it is like being stuck in a nightmare where you want to run but can't

but the worst bit is that I have to go through the TEDIOUS

process if starting the mission again - finding a taxi pressing A A

watching the CUT SCENE again - oh god not again P L E A S E

Lochie_old

I ran backwards from the melee, pulled out my pistol and just blasted my way through the whole place.

zinklesmesh

(vent warning)

the game does not "flow"

I agree, if there are any other missions as lame as this one I'm never going to do any more story missions. GTA just doesn't work that well for trying to kill a dozen people in a tiny, dimly lit room.

circusboy44

wait have you gun at the door fire a few shots at nothing and they come out then you go up to the door and fire at will when going through it and threr are only like 3 or 4 then go in ti the aley and shoot the remaining gaurds when the gaurds are dead go up the stairs faustin is just blabbing shoot him then he will fall of also hint get the armor dimetri get to you around the building he will text it to you and tell you where it is good luck

skytiger666
wait have you gun at the door fire a few shots at nothing and they come out then you go up to the door and fire at will when going through it and threr are only like 3 or 4 then go in ti the aley and shoot the remaining gaurds when the gaurds are dead go up the stairs faustin is just blabbing shoot him then he will fall of also hint get the armor dimetri get to you around the building he will text it to you and tell you where it is good luck

thanks for the good tips

the point is that I want to enjoy the mission

I want to execute everybody like the nightclub scene in collateral

not just complete it like some kind of chore

• 4 weeks later...
thebritishbulldog

I really don't understand the problem with this mission. I just did it second time no problem, just lock on with an Uzi and kill people.

Oh and to the person moaning about having to watch the cut scenes... you know you can skip them right?

tarquin biscuitbarrel
(vent warning)

the game does not "flow"

stop blaming the game for your lack of skill.

the mission took me a few attempts, because the game drops you into the deep end with the number of enemies on this mission.

still, you don't even need to take cover... just quickly switch between targets with combat shotgun and hit them all to 'stun' them, then go through them again for a killshot. when you enter backstage there are a couple of guys hiding behind walls, so make sure you kill them before they kill you.

idk y everyone is having so much trouble...i got through on the 2nd or 3rd try...kill a few people til he leaves and then just chase him...u don't have to kill everyone!!!

you do actually have to be able to walk straight to be good at GTA.

this mission is a good example of that, i guess..?

cry.gif

it's called the master and the molotov, you know..

so what worked best for me was immediately using a shotgun on the thugs closest to niko, crouching and tossing molotovs at the bar, stage, etc. and cleaning up with smg. this takes the pressure off you pretty quickly and may even get you a shot at faustin before he exits the club if you're slick.

at any rate burning the room will maybe make it bright enough for you see? so you can walk straight?? lol

hurry after faustin when you see him exit. shotgun is quick to kill but slow to walk with and reload, use smg ( or assault rifle if you know where it spawns ) and cover to follow him outside. after the initial fight in the club, as long as you keep up with faustin reasonably well, if you can't handle the firefight you are going to need to step it up a bit later in the game =) just keep at it.

Effilocher

I too do not see any problem.. I completed this mission first try, went in with full body armor and health, came out with half health left. Taking cover isn't really necassary, take out your uzi and just blast your way through, you might lose health, but the enemy will be losing it much faster. At the alley, I killed the first two guys, and ran past the other two following Faustin. If you go up the stairs, ignoring the gunners, you can just kill Faustin and get away.