Can you attach trailer (truck)?

Kimd41

[MenaceMovies]

I have also been thinking about this. There are alot of trailers around Liberty City, but so far I am unable to attatch them... oh the torture!!! Rockstar, Why - why!?

As far as i know you cant, ive tried multiple trailers and all the buttons when the cab is in the right place

sad.gif

I'm getting the same results. What the hell? If there was one thing I had absolutely no doubts about making it from SA to IV is the trailers being attachable. It would be even easier to code with the new physics, and there is no harm to gameplay. In contrast, loads of fun can be had with these. So again, what the hell? Why is this cut?

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Added in the expansion ?

So far, I've seen a lot of things that are going to be "added in the expansion."

Monster trucks.

Tanks.

Jetpacks.

Planes.

Vice City.

San Andreas.

Bigfoot.

And now, trailers.

Please people, the expansion will focus on more important things than being able to attach trailers to trucks, like gameplay, new weapons, and added hours of fun.

GTA3Freak-2001

Is it true that truck cabs can be seen driving around with trailers? I haven't seen any yet myself, if so that makes this even more strange. If the game can allow it then why can't the player do it?

Another thing I noticed is the Packer hasn't got its ramp down so you can't do the jump, I've only seen one Packer spawn so has anyone seen it with the ramp down?

Is it true that truck cabs can be seen driving around with trailers? I haven't seen any yet myself, if so that makes this even more strange. If the game can allow it then why can't the player do it?

Another thing I noticed is the Packer hasn't got its ramp down so you can't do the jump, I've only seen one Packer spawn so has anyone seen it with the ramp down?

Nope, I've tried every damned button on the controller, and you can't put the trailer down.

Would be nice to have a mobile ramp, but ya can't. cryani.gif

beardedbastard
Is it true that truck cabs can be seen driving around with trailers? I  haven't seen any yet myself, if so that makes this even more strange. If the game can allow it then why can't the player do it?

Nope, I've tried every damned button on the controller, and you can't put the trailer down.

I don't believe it.

Is it true that truck cabs can be seen driving around with trailers? I  haven't seen any yet myself, if so that makes this even more strange. If the game can allow it then why can't the player do it?

I don't believe it.

What was Rockstar thinking? Were they thinking? mercie_blink.gif Don't they care about what the consumer wants? suicidal.gif

Bboighst48

yea i was wondering about that packer too.. in one of the recent pics from the game review you can clearly see a car jumping the ramp on the packer.

beardedbastard

If ramp trucks AREN'T usable, then what the hell is this?

user posted image

Edited by beardedbastard

And you tried jack-knifing it, like you needed to do in SA to disconnect it?

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

• 3 weeks later...
skulduggerer
If ramp trucks AREN'T usable, then what the hell is this?

user posted image

You can use ramp trucks

...I was thinking of that attach-a-doodle-doo just the other day. Couldn't do it either. Then I was like, are there that many trailers roaring arcoss Times Square in NYC that this feature would fit in?

IMO, many people are sorta pampered by SA - where many features have made sense. But even for CJ it wasn't really appropriate to handle hangers, was it?

i've not seen a packer with the ramp down either.. but you can jump a patriot off it irregardless.