crime and punishment - cant get siren on

chuds2

In crime and punishment when you have to pull over the vans to get some tvs or somethin, I cant get the siren in the cop car to cut on, it says to push L but that doesnt seem to be working

Any help w/d be appreciated

Chris (XGO CHUD)

• 3 weeks later...
allhalematt

Hey, I'm havng the same trouble, every time and try and put the siren on it just blares a horn, even if i click it it won't work! any help would be most appreciated!

thanks

stealthboy50

Tap the left analog stick whatever it is on a xbox360 and just tap it for a second. Keep trying untill it goes. Tap it not press it or it will not work.

In crime and punishment when you have to pull over the vans to get some tvs or somethin, I cant get the siren in the cop car to cut on, it says to push L but that doesnt seem to be working

Any help w/d be appreciated

Chris (XGO CHUD)

It's L3 - which is the left stick. you have to click it in as if it is a button.

it makes an obvious click.

then the sirens come on.

try clicking it multiple times if it doesn't immediately work. It worked for me first time, every time.

GtaPro100%

I play ps3 so i may be wrong, but i think you have to hold it for a second

GTAPRO your name doesnt really fit lol

when you need to hit X to climb on something(tapping it really fast), its similar

click L3(left bumper) 1 really fast time(if you dont get it, imagine it was a hot pan and if you'd touch it for over a third of a second you'll burn your hand)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this same problem... First I'm not "new" but not still not all that familiar with some details of the XBOX 360 system.

There is LT - left trigger

Then there is LB - left button (just above left trigger on front of controller)

And last we have the "L button" ? Which is the left joystick, pressed straight into the controller?

When I depress the "L button" (left joystick) while in the cop car, the horn works. The sirens do not come on.

Am I pressing the correct control button? This shouldn't be that hard to figure out, but it has me stumped. I cannot pass the level "Crime and Punishment" without being able to operate the siren. Yes, I've experimented with holding it down - the horn just continues to blare. I've swapped controllers, same issue so it doesn't appear to be the hardware.

Any help please? I really didn't understand the posts above, and some of the advice seems contradictory. Can anyone provide a detailed, definitive answer?

Thanks.

Ok, re-read the above posts, went back and did some more experimenting, and I have an answer...

THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME ON XBOX 360:

It is the left joystick (depress into controller) that activates the horn AND the siren. The button if pressed for half a second or longer will be the horn. The button if pressed for only the barest amount of time possible, will activate the siren. My previous attempts were just too slow, you really have got to be FAST and not hold it more than a nanosecond or you will get the horn instead of the sirens.

I wonder why it was so difficult for someone in an earlier post to just explain it clearly? Or maybe it's me, I'm home sick with a cold today so maybe just me not thinking clearly enough. Oh, and I forgot others might be playing versions of the game for other game systems, so their controllers might be different, and so their descriptions might not match. Anyway, the posts that were left, were enough of a bread crumb trail for me to be able to work it out, eventually. Thanks for the hints.

Edited by bruss01

i thought you had to push down the left stick i maybe wrong its been along time since i played that mission