I fixed the graphics problem on my HDTV...

RoninJinn

As some of you might know, I posted in a couple of the threads talking about the graphics let down. Now, after getting mad and trying all the settings I could in my 360, and trying to mess with Saturation/Color/Tint/etc. on my TV and in the Game Settings, I still couldn't get the jaggies to go away. (The jaggies I'm talking about were mainly with Shadows that looked like they were painted with square pixels rather than smooth shadows, and also on the character's faces I had the same problem.)

I fixed it using the "Sharpness" option on my television. The Sharpness on my TV was jacked all the way up, and this was causing the pixels to stand out and not blend well with each other. I pulled it down from +20 to 0 (Which is in the middle, there was negetive also on my TV.) and this fixed my problem.

I have a Sharp Aquos 32".

Let me know if it helps anyone else out...

Edited by RoninJinn

I should get mine today, so I will keep this in mind if I see too much jaggs.

Perhaps the same is true for people seeing too much blur...

So you fix your "jaggies" with a blur? Why don't you just play it on an SD TV, then? Seriously, what do you need a high resolution screen for if you are going to tweak it to make the picture look worse?

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

lonemasteralex
As some of you might know, I posted in a couple of the threads talking about the graphics let down. Now, after getting mad and trying all the settings I could in my 360, and trying to mess with Saturation/Color/Tint/etc. on my TV and in the Game Settings, I still couldn't get the jaggies to go away. (The jaggies I'm talking about were mainly with Shadows that looked like they were painted with square pixels rather than smooth shadows, and also on the character's faces I had the same problem.)

I fixed it using the "Sharpness" option on my television. The Sharpness on my TV was jacked all the way up, and this was causing the pixels to stand out and not blend well with each other. I pulled it down from +20 to 0 (Which is in the middle, there was negetive also on my TV.) and this fixed my problem.

I have a Sharp Aquos 32".

Let me know if it helps anyone else out...

I have a Sharp Aquos 26" and did that a few months back...games have never looked better! It's honestly the only way to get rid of them.

So you fix your "jaggies" with a blur? Why don't you just play it on an SD TV, then? Seriously, what do you need a high resolution screen for if you are going to tweak it to make the picture look worse?

HDTV u always have to set to get the best picture its not going to come with the best settings right out of the box. there was a site that tells you what settings to try i forgot what it was cause i looked it up when i first got my HDTV but sharpness starts to blur when its way under -0

Actually most HDTV's need to be calibrated to get the best picture, might even help sd tvs but I've never tried.

I used the first edition of this disk to calibrate my tv and it will get anyone a better picture by following its instructions. It's well worth the 40 bucks if you even slightly enjoy HD material

Avia Calibration Disk

You can also have a profession do the settings for you, that runs about 500 I think, I've never had it done but those who have say the improvements are pretty mind blowing. Check out AVS Forums for more details. There are tons of guys who do professional calibrations

Calibration would probably help most people here that are complaining about the graphics...I think the game looks amazing on my 65" mitsu which I calibrated myself

an HD source does not need sharpness.

sharpness should be set at 0, on every HDTV when viewing HD content.

all sharpness does, on HDTV's is add artifacts to the picture that are not supposed to be there.

sharpness should be set at 0, on every HDTV when viewing HD content.

all sharpness does, on HDTV's is add artifacts to the picture that are not supposed to be there.

Exactly.

The sharpness is for making non-HD source material look better.

bruteoutlawz

sharpness should be set at 0, on every HDTV  when viewing HD content.

Exactly.

The sharpness is for making non-HD source material look better.

why does it make my pic go blurry then?? ive got hd and i have to turn the sharpness up otherwise i get a blurry pic

32 in - 16:9 - Resolution: 1366 - 768 - Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 - Brightness: 500cd/m²

Demonic_demise

Yeah, when I went with my g/f to pick up an LCD tv, the guy helping us said that you don't want the sharpness up too much. It will cause jaggies and make it look horrible.