RUSSIA IN GTAIV

Gro

Hello, I'm from Kazahstan (this big contry around Russia, Betwen China and Russia..). And I interesting that a you think about russian in GTA IV? We very pleased since Rockstar have called attention on Russia. Niko from former USSR, Vladivostok FM russian radio, some people on street speak Russia... And what a you think about Russia in this the Best Game

sorry,my ENGLISH is Bad, and maybe I made many mistakes

Hello, I'm from Kazahstan (this big contry around Russia, Betwen China and Russia..). And I interesting that a you think about russian in GTA IV? We very pleased since Rockstar have called attention on Russia. Niko from former USSR, Vladivostok FM russian radio, some people on street speak Russia... And what a you think about Russia in this the Best Game

Sorry but Niko is Bosnian smile.gif . It was a nice addition to the game. There's more than them in the game. There's lots of diffrent cultures in the game and that makes it human...I mean game...

Sorry but Niko is Bosnian smile.gif . It was a nice addition to the game. There's more than them in the game. There's lots of diffrent cultures in the game and that makes it human...I mean game...

I thought he was Serbian...but I may be wrong of course (or rather, the review I read that in might be wrong). Suppose I'll have to get my Serbian friend to play and have him tell me which is right tounge.gif

I thought he was Serbian...

He indeed is. The first time you see Vlad, he says "Why won't this stupid Serb stop staring at me?!" or something like that. And Serb is obviously short for Serbian.

I don't see why it matters though; Niko is foreign, that's all I need to know.

Slosten.gif

I thought he was Serbian...

He indeed is. The first time you see Vlad, he says "Why won't this stupid Serb stop staring at me?!" or something like that. And Serb is obviously short for Serbian.

I don't see why it matters though; Niko is foreign, that's all I need to know.

Vlad didn't call him a Serb he called him a Serf, as in Serfdom.

Vlad didn't call him a Serb he called him a Serf, as in Serfdom.

I had subtitles on, and he called him a Serb. Besides, it's kind of hard to mistake "F" for "B."

Slosten.gif

addisonpeterson

i forgot what mission cutscene it was but Niko did say that he was not russian

I'm pretty sure he called him a Serb in that scene, but he definitely refers to Niko as a serf as well (among other things "peasant", "yokel") a couple of times in other scenes.

Also doesn't Roman refer to Niko's English being better than his (Roman's) Serbian?

JynxMaster1

what language do you think he(niko) is speaking? bosnian? serbian? (no offense to anyone)

Edited by JynxMaster1

dude, he is russian, not bosnian or serbian

He is not Russian. he is Serbian. This has been confirmed.

JynxMaster1

and anyway, he might be serbian or whatever, but he came from russia. either way, he did come from russia.

speaks in russian with accent

He doesn't speak Russian.

It sounds like Serbian, but there's some differences, so I'm guessing he is speaking Serb-Croat

and anyway, he might be serbian or whatever, but he came from russia. either way, he did come from russia.

No he didn't. He came from Eastern Europe, not Russia.

by who? look. his accent clearly gives away he is russian.

Accent proves nothing. I have an English accent, despite the fact that I grew up in New York.

In the 3rd trailer he says "zdravo braèeru" which is Serbian for "Hi, brother."

Serbian is very close to Russian, so people can be excused from getting them confused.

Then there is this:

Also, he is a war veteran and from the evidence we can gather it ws the Bosnian war. Once we have that, we can assume that since he was young during that war that he was born there, especially as he talks about the old country to the point of it really just making sense.

user posted image

Edited by StanMarsh

Gourangalol

when you first buy a gun from the gun store, Dimitri tells you to buy a gun. The owner says "You Russians are clearing me out!" and Niko reply's "I'm not Russian"

xNewtype Acex
well when you play darts nikos flytes have the czech republic flag on them.

Nope, its the Serbian flag, the flags are very similar.

all of your thoughts have their eligibility, but i think r* didn't thought that far.

there is probably no definition from which country - exactly - nico comes from.

many americans are looking at (western) europe as if it was one piece (not making a difference between portugal and spain - for example)

same thing here: eastern europe (not being russia - but almost everything aside the so-called "western europe") is a bunch of recently created states, and so it's recognized to be "the part which connects europe (western society) with russia (old enemy) and neighboring islam (new enemy) countries" NOTE: Islam Countries are NOT my enemies – I'm just trying to figure out...

while nico is coming from such doubtful (in terms of of having very few information) country, it makes him an even more interesting character. Whatever - if i shoud guess about Nico's home country, i'd say: Ukraine.

cu </dan>

xNewtype Acex

Some where in the game, Niko denies being Russian, also at the start of the game when he meets with Roman, he says Roman's serb is not that good, also Niko is once called Roman's Serb friend by another character (forgot who).

Not to mention, if you go to the Russian clothes store, and try on the "Army Cap," it has the Serbian flag on the front. Niko was in a war in his country. Put two and two together, and... ta-da.

No use for spoiler tags anymore. Besides, his nationality doesn't really spoil anything.

Slosten.gif

Your English is really suck.

Hello, I'm from Kazahstan (a  big contry around Russia, Betwen China and Russia..). And I'm interested what do u think about russians in GTA IV? We very pleased since Rockstar have called attention on Russia. Niko from former USSR, Vladivostok FM is russian radio, some people on the streets speak Russian... And what do you think about Russia in this the Best Game

And as far as I know all the people from Kazackstan speak Russian, right? Ïî-ðóññêè ãîâîðèøü, íåò? )

The best gamer in the world.

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã, ÷òî çà õóéíÿ? ¨ìàíàðîò, âàëèì îòñþäà!

Do you think we could have it in red writing at the top of the forums: "NIKO IS NOT RUSSIAN".

Because the ammount of times people have claimed he was is staggering. And it isn't just a simple mistake. It has been stated numerous times that he is not from that country. Rockstar said so themselves. The game now confirms it. But look at some of the replies in this topic. Even after the release. Maybe people need someone to shout it in their face before they cotton on.

desert_eagle

I like!

user posted image

Sorry, had to be done.

By the way, Niko is indeed a Serb. Probably a veteran of the Bosnian war, which is the only Eastern European conflict that fits the time-frame, except for maybe Chechnya.

lurchseesu420
I like!

user posted image

Sorry, had to be done.

'Kazakhstan #1 importer of potassium,

all other countries have inferior potassium. '

New account

the Borat film - a comedy. There all Lie. Go to Wikipidia and find there Kazahstan...

Ïî-ðóññêè ãîâîðèøü, íåò? )

ÍÅÒ,ÁË* íå ãîâîðþ. Òîëüêî ïî êàçàõñêè!))) À òû îêóäà ðóññêèé çíàåøü? íàø ÷òî ëü?

Edited by Gro