GTA 4 HYPE OVER QUALITY?

elvistcb1978

elvistcb1978

There are quite a few people on here who dont like GTA 4, i cant see why but everyone is entitled to an opinion. There are a few minor flaws, but if you actually make an effort to get in to it, its a great game. The main problem is people succumb to the promotion, advertising, previews and little edited videos of the game. Sit back from all that and compare it to anything else, and you will like GTA 4 more.. People rave about san andreas, i thought the graphics were poor and i didnt give me the same wow factor as gta 3. Vice city was just a comedy film all the way through. It was a refreshing slant on a bit of a dark subject. Take gta 4 for what it is, a newer more adult version of gta 3.. In future dont believe hype, look at halo 2 and 3, both were a massive disappointment , coridoor shooting against the SAME enemies with virtually the SAME weapons?? and for god sake why bring back the 'flood'??????? ENJOY GTA 4, IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME IN A LONG WHILE.

getoverhere

people who dislike it got too hyped in my opinion... i can't understand how you could be a gamer and still be disappointed otherwise. its the best the medium has to offer. awesome in so many ways.

EDIT: i'm gonna risk getting flamed and say this game is a little more cerebral than the others and takes a bit more between the ears to understand how it is pushing games forward. for example, i think the internet and TV take the game to a whole new level in terms of the satirical and humour side to GTA(which i always loved) whereas some people would probably rather have BMX's back so they could bunny hop again.

Edited by getoverhere

people who dislike it got too hyped in my opinion... i can't understand how you could be a gamer and still be disappointed otherwise. its the best the medium has to offer. awesome in so many ways.

I agree.

This GTA is by FAR the best game out of the series which shows R* do a fantastic job of moving the game on. Unlike a lot of game series which are exactly the same as the last.

I really havent found anything to moan about with this game. Im not far through it, maybe 4 hours solid game play but its the best GTA I have ever played. Love it.

x3FWE.png

There are many things that are wrong with GTA IV. But there is no perfect game. It doesnt exist.

So, you have to take the game for what it is. The game looks like this. You cant change it now. Its in stores. They can only fix things with patches (which I think wont happen because Rockstar dont like patches:)

They could have done the driving better maybe, etc etc.....

But since we are all fans of GTA, it doesnt matter what is wrong with GTA, because we will enjoy it anyway. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have.

Every game has its little perks and flaws. But thats what we love about gaming:)

Almost every game has:

bugs

glitches

graphical problems

control schemes that could have been better

stuff they have taken out that could have been in

occasional framerate problems

Name one game that doenst have that. A game is a piece of software. And its made by humans, which are not perfect.

I will enjoy GTA IV (on PC) because I know how much work went into it.

But GTA IV is not a perfect game. No matter how big a fan of GTA you are. But it sure is a damn good game. With high production values and enjoyable gameplay.

Time will tell what was good in GTA IV and what wasnt.

This game is the best I have played in a long while. It is true they have taken features OUT that I liked about the other titles. But I love a lot of the trademark features of this one, some of these are: Driving, Cover, Police awareness and difficulty. If some people do not like this game that is because it is no longer an arcade shoot em' up and is now a fully fledged action packed next generation title. But whatever.

Almost no game lives up to the hype. Just like GTA: IV. Surely, the game is great, but the hype was greater.

Yq5y51Y.png

Love the game and the online is some of the best times I have had with my buddies.

I will say tho, the game should have been pushed back and polished some more (fps drops, texture quality).

Overall its honestly the funnest game out right now for a console, but remember there are a few other good games coming out at the end of this year.

MrRottweiler

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but can you rotate the camere 360 degrees while driving like they introduced in SA?