Anyone have a blu-ray drive in their PC?

Greg-J

I'm particularly interested in getting a full-rez version of the map. I'm interested in knowing what file format they're using for the archive(s) if any. Your help is appreciated.

Someone could also just browse the dual-layer DVD of the XBox 360 version.

File formats and locations would no doubt be different between the two.

No-doubt, but if an easily-readable bitmap image of the map is available on one, it will most-likely be available on the other as well.

No-doubt, but if an easily-readable bitmap image of the map is available on one, it will most-likely be available on the other as well.

Exactly. I've got most of an application written that I think will be cool for all of us, but I need that map to put it all together.

Exactly. I've got most of an application written that I think will be cool for all of us, but I need that map to put it all together.

Images on PS3 will be a format that the PC can't read...I suspect.

Unlikely - the game uses the same engine, just ported to the 2 different platforms. I bet all the data is the same on both platforms.

trojanfoe is right. Resource files are most likely in the same format. Whether we have anything that can read them yet - I don't know. It's worth it to look into it though.

Alright.

I've scanned the map in sections at 1200dpi and put it together as a panorama. It's 30,000 x 16,000 and 1.5GB. It's enough to work with right now and I suppose I'll just vector it out...

If someone does get their hands on the original though, a PM would be much appreciated.

trojanfoe
Alright.

I've scanned the map in sections at 1200dpi and put it together as a panorama. It's 30,000 x 16,000 and 1.5GB. It's enough to work with right now and I suppose I'll just vector it out...

If someone does get their hands on the original though, a PM would be much appreciated.

Can I ask what your project is, or is it secret at the moment?

If you want the location of all the 'interesting places' on the in-game map, then that is obviously dynamically generated - the base background would there in bitmap form, but getting each of the locations isn't going to be easy to find.

Game is roughly the same as SA, main differences include the entire IDE, IPL, Col, and Model sets being inside of seperate img files, rpf files for what appears to be the radio stations and dialogue, one full of those needed files for each map area, a vehicles.img, weapons.img and so on.

No one is in those yet moto_whistle.gif

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Can someone please tell me what the point of this is? I don't mean that in a rude way, I mean, like what can you do with all of this information? Modify the game, or something?

What's a high-res map for?

I'm interested.

Bboighst48
Can someone please tell me what the point of this is? I don't mean that in a rude way, I mean, like what can you do with all of this information? Modify the game, or something?

What's a high-res map for?

I'm interested.

so you can find every single secret in the game... including cheats, etc.

You cannot view Xbox 360 DVDs (or original Xbox DVDs) in a normal DVD (+DL) reader. You either need to hack your 360 drive and connect it to your computer, or flash and hack a special DVD drive that is no longer made.

And if you could view the Xbox 360 DVDs, their structure is made out like a DVD movie - in AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, there are no files that you can open on your computer.

I can read the disc and view it on my PS3, via Fedora Core 8, but I can't be bothered right now - need to take my keyboard and mouse off this computer and plug it into the PS3.

I'll post a thread with the full file structure in a couple more hours, keep watch for it.

ChaniWani

Unlikely - the game uses the same engine, just ported to the 2 different platforms. I bet all the data is the same on both platforms.

Actually GTA IV isn't ported at all, essentially the 360 and PS3 versions are 2 different games but built the same way.