Well it happened.

Waphlez

.Up&Coming.

Ah, I'm sorry.

Was it while playing GTA IV?

There should be a RROD warning on the boxes of those things.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

That's why I bought a PS3 - otherwise I would have gotten an Xbox 360. I just didn't feel like dealing with that sh*t.

That's why I bought a PS3 - otherwise I would have gotten an Xbox 360. I just didn't feel like dealing with that sh*t.

Gonna be hilarious when the PS3 ends up with a major problem down the line wink.gif

And with Sony's track record and the history behind the PS3...you're lucky your PS3 wasn't a waste of money, because it -almost- turned out to be a flop compared to the Wii and 360.

But yeah @OP..sorry to hear..you can fix it yourself (not that towel crap <_<) or send it in and hold off on GTA just a few weeks more...sad.gif

i am on my 4th 360, u have no way of geting away from it, the 360 is a less reliable console!

mine broke on fri but as i hve had it under a yr i got it replaced by game.

the ps3 is a better console by far, it is so more reliable and has free internet! i own a 360 and will stick by it but u have to admit when it is beaten!

but i will still never swop mine, xbox live still rules

NJSpeedbeast

After playing my 360 for 7+ hours one session when it came out, I'm glad I didn't get a RROD.

Ouch.

Thats the reason why i am trying to get a 2nd hand X360 for cheap so i do not feel too bad when it 3rods.

Out of couriosity, what was your console, when was it made and when was it lasted fixed by ms ?

beardedbastard

Send it off to MS and buy a playstation 3 and GTA so you can have both systems.

That's if your not willing to wait. But don't go out and do something stupid like buy ANOTHER 360.

And only if you have enough money.

I don't know that's what I would do...I couldn't wait like 3 weeks or however long to play GTA.

Send it off to MS and buy a playstation 3 and GTA so you can have both systems.

That's if your not willing to wait. But don't go out and do something stupid like buy ANOTHER 360.

And only if you have enough money.

I don't know that's what I would do...I couldn't wait like 3 weeks or however long to play GTA.

Dude the op dident say anything about what your blabbering on about.

Shadow Kipper

I was SURE that mine was going to RROD when i played GTA4.

So far it hasnt (its switched off now) nd ive been playing for like 6 hours.

Ive had it for like 5 months so its still in the GAME UK guarentee.

I barely played the thing, probably not even more than 150-200 hours of total use since July 2006 (it's not a launch console, Mfc date is June 4, 2006). I could care less if it breaks again, as long as it's not when a game like GTA IV comes out, I hardly use it as it is; I'm a PC guy.

Sorry to hear that man.

I've only had my Xbox since X-mas ... but if it RRod's on me while playing GTA IV i seriously will pull a Nikko rampage on whichever Microsoft representative gets the pleasure of answering the phone to me !

Typical timing as well isn't it ? sad.gif

beardedbastard

Dude the op dident say anything about what your blabbering on about.

WTF are you blabbering on about?

Exact same thing happened to me - search for my topic!

I did the towel trick and have played 6 hours straight!!

Shadow Kipper

If mine messes between now and the 21st May (Pay Day) then i will do the towel trick until i get paid.

Overheating= RROD.

Ventolation= Win.

Thats why i changed my set up so its ventilated.

I've heard it only works a few times, I would rather to have just played it for roughly 2 hours, then get totally hooked and have to wait. Better to get it done and over with. Funny thing is, I'm not as pissed as I thought I would be (yes, the though of having RROD on launch day has crossed my mind). I'll just stick with PC games until then, plus my grades might be better knowing GTA is out of my reach lol.

Fearing this, I did have a strong fan blow on it while I played it (system was standing up on a desk, pic is on different location), ventilation should not have been a problem.

Damn man that sucks, i hate irony and bad timing !

Ohh well.

Least by the time your X360 comes back the launch issues should be fixed in gta4

Is it the game causing the RROD or is it just the console screwing up. I bought the 360 when it first came out and i put a fan on it and there have been no problems. What causes the RROD?

Is it the game causing the RROD or is it just the console screwing up. I bought the 360 when it first came out and i put a fan on it and there have been no problems. What causes the RROD?

Eh...anything. I've had mine since release and nothing bad has happened. Just get an extended replacement warranty and hope for the best. I haven't needed mine yet!

Eh...anything. I've had mine since release and nothing bad has happened. Just get an extended replacement warranty and hope for the best. I haven't needed mine yet!

Well if its just overheating I should be fine b/c i have the fan on it and the bottom of the 360 is out in the open so it is getting plenty of air.

If this makes you feel better, mine is broke too and aswell as thousands of other people. If you are under warranty, bring it into the store (got mine from best buy) and they will give you a new one in about 5 minutes. Dunno if they still do it. Maybe I was just lucky.

Try the towel trick?

user posted image

Well if its just overheating I should be fine b/c i have the fan on it and the bottom of the 360 is out in the open so it is getting plenty of air.

sananoutlaw

hey, I feel for ya, sorry to hear that.

P.S (i'm a ps3 owner, see how easy it is not to start fanboy sh*t)

Do yor mates have IV?, could maybe play a bit with them til you get sorted.....

Mine just died

I just got it back from repair on Friday, too. What the hell is up with Microsoft? what did they do to my console!? Nothing!? wtf is up with this?

That's why I bought a PS3 - otherwise I would have gotten an Xbox 360.  I just didn't feel like dealing with that sh*t.

Gonna be hilarious when the PS3 ends up with a major problem down the line wink.gif

And with Sony's track record and the history behind the PS3...you're lucky your PS3 wasn't a waste of money, because it -almost- turned out to be a flop compared to the Wii and 360.

But yeah @OP..sorry to hear..you can fix it yourself (not that towel crap <_<) or send it in and hold off on GTA just a few weeks more...sad.gif

The towel trick works. I was at my friends house and we did it to his 360 and it brought it back to life. (Only for a day though)

Mine just died

I just got it back from repair on Friday, too. What the hell is up with Microsoft? what did they do to my console!? Nothing!? wtf is up with this?

Really I could care less if it breaks again eventually, I just want a couple solid months of being able to play GTA IV. The thing that pisses me off the most is that I barely used it, even if it was for almost 2 years. This was one of the few reasons I even bought a console.