Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,781 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

saintdave

GTA IV Frequently Asked Questions

Stash666
Instead of me answering the girlfriend questions directly I will give you this link to meth's excellent Friends & Girlfriends guide.

Thanks dave

MYK [jamgi]
@ holla4adolla - I don’t believe so. There are still region locked games so I doubt it would work on that console.

not true

there's no region codes on PS3 games

I for one have a japanese PS3 and GTA 4/bunch of other PS3 games work fine on it

casper-1985

What does 'DLC' stand for?

saintdave

@ JJCribbins & ViceCity>LibertyCity - I own a PS3 so I’m not at liberty to test or find out if you can import your own sounds on the 360 version of the game. The general consensus around these and other GTA forums so far is that you cant or simply no one has worked out if you even can yet.

@ Stash666 - Glad I could help.

@ MYK [jamgi] - Yes if you check on page 2 of this topic you will see Vice Princess filled me and everyone else in on that particular subject which I acknowledged.

@ casper-1985 - DLC means down loadable content.

ViceCity>LibertyCity

I do have a PS3..........Sorry If i did not make that clear.

Thanks though mate

mfavcd

Ok this wasn't on the main page, and I hope you excuse me for not sifting through the hundreds of pages...

But can you play mp3's? I've reached 100% so I'm really just playing for added fun now, and I'd love to have something different to listen to as apposed to the same old radio stations.

Cheers.

thehundreds

how do you pick up stuff and what kind of stuff? (bricks cell phones)

Dual Weilder

Nice work. I really needed this biggrin.gif

LemonTella

The game is so vast, I had no idea that you could meet randomers and some of them give you missions.

I've seen the little 'friend blimp' on the map but all they do is wave at me! Haha.. Can't seem to get anything else from them?

saintdave

@ mfavcd - It has been covered on previous pages but not to worry. As yet there is no method for putting your own songs into the game. I doubt it will be possible on the PS3 but 360 games have allowed gamers the ability to do so in other game titles.

@ the hundreds - When near a small item (cigarette, brick, coffee cup, phone, etc) press L1 and Niko will pick it up. You can’t do anything with it apart from throwing it.

@ Dual Weilder - Glad it was of some use to you.

@ LemonTella - When you say friend blimp I assume your still referring to the random characters? If so you just need to approach them, the camera focuses on them as you pass so just walk up to them and a cut scene will start.

LemonTella

@ saintdave

Yes sorry, should have made myself a little clearer. I only have one or two friends that i've noticed. There is one near where Romans Taxi rank used to be. Maybe i'll try and walk up to him then, see if that works.

Paudge

Hey I think this qualifies as a FAQ:

I've finished the game but I didnt cheat until Three Leaf Clover now the

Cleaned the Mean Streets

One Man Army

Walk Free

Finish Him

achievements are blocked! If I start a new game on my Xbox profile could I still get them achievements?

Thanks!

Eddie280

Yes I would imagine so. If you were to start a new save file those cheats wont be logged to that story and you will be able to complete the rest of the achievements.

That is providing you don't cheat again. tounge.gif

Paudge
Yes I would imagine so. If you were to start a new save file those cheats wont be logged to that story and you will be able to complete the rest of the achievements.

That is providing you don't cheat again. tounge.gif

Well I tried One Man Army by driving a Freeway under Algonquin from Bohan but I got nothing! Thanks for the help Eddie! I hope someone can prove me wrong?

gta 4 gamer

hey nice post..but i got a question which i need help in

I did not buy the game yet and i was curious to know if u can use cheats with the first phone u have at the starting of the game..

devvypoo

Quick question::

I see that after attaining a certain level of likeness to your friends, you get some special abilities.

Firstly, for Jacob's cheaper weapons, Packie's car bombs and Dwayne's thugs do you call them and request for it as per calling for Carmen's health boost? Can't seem to activate these abilities right now.

What's the car bomb anyway? A deserted car filled with bombs?

gta 4 gamer
Quick question::

I see that after attaining a certain level of likeness to your friends, you get some special abilities.

Firstly, for Jacob's cheaper weapons, Packie's car bombs and Dwayne's thugs do you call them and request for it as per calling for Carmen's health boost? Can't seem to activate these abilities right now.

What's the car bomb anyway? A deserted car filled with bombs?

In other games, car bombs are bombs in the car...Where u mostly use in missions...

An example is in liberty city stories mission "blow up dolls" u go to 8-ball and he puts a car bomb in the car...U put it in the garage of ur enemy...Run away...Press a specific button..The car explodes!! BAM!

KBoomer

Can you do taxi missions after roman's taxi company is destroyed?

saintdave

@gta 4 gamer - Yes you can.

@ KBoomer - Nope once it is destroyed during the story you cant do taxi missions again. They are only good for getting a bit of cash if you are short at the start of the game, they do not count towards 100% completion.

gtamodder

What is the best way to get the Infernus? I have done all of Bernie's missions and I got the car, but I lost it. I have tried calling Brucie for Races, but I still can't find one. anuj_cop.gif

lastikboy95
@gta 4 gamer - Yes you can.

at what part of the start? i tried to press the d pad up for how many times and i cant input cheats! confused.gif

manana500

Not strictly a game-related FAQ but meh: can the mods please pin an official DLC discussion thread? It seems like there's a lot of DLC threads repeatedly popping up and we need a single, coherent place to discuss it.

saintdave

Two topics have already been made (and looked over) on the DLC subject, you can find links to both here.

tnz1992

how can i add the "-" when i write on mobile ? or any charcher like ABCDVFG ?

lastikboy95
how can i add the "-" when i write on mobile ? or any charcher like ABCDVFG ?

The "-" is not important just put the numbers. The letters go with the number check your telephone and look at the keypad and if you see the letter "A" is under no. 1 so you push no. 1 got it? wink.gif

Nem_Wan
What is the best way to get the Infernus? I have done all of Bernie's missions and I got the car, but I lost it. I have tried calling Brucie for Races, but I still can't find one. anuj_cop.gif

I lost mine too. The next easiest way to get one is to do all the car thefts for Stevie because one of them is an Infernus. You're supposed to deliver it to Stevie's garage but you can get a second one for yourself by driving around your safe house until you see another one spawn, and put it in your parking space then deliver Stevie's.

After that when you drive your Infernus use the same technique to get a second one to save in case you lose it again.

Prfctpersistent
Hi Saintdave,

Good topic. Just regarding the purpose of ATMs. Well as you probably noticed that pressing down on the d-pad (xbox) it brings up the amount of cash you have. The ATMs are quite pointless. Just thought you may want to add that.

Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

actually theyre not that pointless if you keep your distance and wait pedestrians will take their own money out of the atm and you can kill them for whatever they just got out of the atm (usually a wad of cash) biggrin.gif

lastikboy95
Hi Saintdave,

Good topic. Just regarding the purpose of ATMs. Well as you probably noticed that pressing down on the d-pad (xbox) it brings up the amount of cash you have. The ATMs are quite pointless. Just thought you may want to add that.

Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

actually theyre not that pointless if you keep your distance and wait pedestrians will take their own money out of the atm and you can kill them for whatever they just got out of the atm (usually a wad of cash) biggrin.gif

usually more than a "wad" if you use the atm glitch

Neutron

Great thread. I just started last night and already learned some stuff I couldn't figure out.

Thanks!!!

pudge

hey nice FAQ

anyway may I know why people are crazy about the fingerless glove?? whats so special about it