To the crazies complaining about slanted running:

thebritishbulldog

thebritishbulldog

Niko's slanted running style is completely realistic. Just look at a 200 metre athletics race on TV and tell me what angle they run at round the (not so tight) bends. Now imagine how you would take a 90 degree corner?

Same applies for the car physics: The reason you can't sling that car round a 90 degree corner at 90mph is

because....ummmmm.... wait for it..... its not realistic to do so!!!! Brake -> Manoeuvre.

Please stop moaning about problems that don't even exist.

beardedbastard

Yeah, these freaks that don't like the "heavy" weighted Niko, should have their chips checked.

thebritishbulldog
Yeah, these freaks that don't like the "heavy" weighted Niko should have their chips checked.

Niko's a fairly big guy with a frame to match. He's running speed is realistic.

The only one's who say that it's unrealistic are the fat little boys who are more used to running in a videogame, than running in real life.

Or who've never ran in real life at all.

This is because the kids that are complaining dont run....'' MOM, BRING ME MY FOOD DAMNIT''

shattered-minds

Admittedly it does look odd sometimes, mainly cos I'm not used to it in a game perhaps, still I dont find it worth complaining about like others do.

This is because the kids that are complaining dont run....'' MOM, BRING ME MY FOOD DAMNIT''

"I want my cheesy poofs!" lol

killahmatic

come on people. its not realistic. i mean, yes in a small way it is because people do slant SLIGHTLY when they turn, but Rockstar seemed to exaggerate Niko's slanting. im not complainign about it, cuz i could care less, but people dont really slant like that

DOM AND DOMMER

I have more of a problem with the stiff torso and lack of hip shifting while running straight; it's as if only his arms and legs only are producing any motion. This is where the ghost recon series shines as far as the running animations. But this is fairly new tech and i'm confident developers will improve natural motion physics over time.

thebritishbulldog

come on people. its not realistic. i mean, yes in a small way it is because people do slant SLIGHTLY when they turn, but Rockstar seemed to exaggerate Niko's slanting. im not complainign about it, cuz i could care less, but people dont really slant like that

Its pretty realistic. Running on a track is not such an acute change of direction as running round a 90 degree corner. The only thing they are missing from the animation is the slight dropping of the inside leg and stretching out of the outside leg when turning very tight corners.

yeah first time I saw Niko run I thought of Michael Johnson, his running style is very similar

I think when he's actually sprinting it's fine, running is sorta ok, but when you walk around a corner he leans too much. Walking in circles looks especially stupid…

beardedbastard
he leans toooooooo much. totally unrealistic. hate to break it to you.

What happens when you run into a wall?

thebritishbulldog
right, it's ok if he's running at top speed, but not when he's jogging 1/2 mile per hour!

yeah okay, you have got me there. He does lean a lot whilst walking. tounge2.gif

my only animation gripe so far is running down stairs. The method in which he runs down is right but there is something just off about the way his legs move doing it. Of course its 100x better then the only way which was pretty much just floating down the stairs, and if you went to fast you would jump like 10 stairs at a time.

i guess i could have two complaints. when you're drunk i find it odd he walks backwards so much, i've been wasted many times and never walked like him. reason its not really a complaint is because i think its more about the satire then being drunk so its funny...yea