Should I buy PS3 or XBOX for GTA IV

atljogger

I do not currently own PlayStation or XBOX but plan to buy one of the systems for GTA IV. Which do you recommend for this game? I don't really care about Blueray, just gaming. For the record, I used to have a PS2 and have never played XBox.

Abbeyroad91

According to the reviews, and what I’ve seen my self, there’s so little between the two versions that it really just comes down to personal preference. So choose based on which console will suite you more. Look at list of the games that are coming out on each, the price, which one your friends are getting, which controller you prefer, etc...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, don’t let people in forums pick for you. Look at the kind of things I suggested and pick for yourself.

Edited by Abbeyroad91

Well i had a 360+GTA bundle on preorder, then cancelled it for a PS3

All comes down to personal preference. I chose the PS3 for the blueray and bluetooth option really

I'm not trying to start any wars here. Just haven't done any gaming for long time but am real excited about GTA. Sounds like there isn't much game play difference btwn the two systems? I know the playstation controls from PS2 so maybe that will be the better choice for me.

I do not currently own PlayStation or XBOX but plan to buy one of the systems for GTA IV. Which do you recommend for this game? I don't really care about Blueray, just gaming. For the record, I used to have a PS2 and have never played XBox.

If your not bothered about bluray then just get which ever bundle you can for the cheapest price.

I'm not trying to start any wars here.  Just haven't done any gaming for long time but am real excited about GTA.  Sounds like there isn't much game play difference btwn the two systems?  I know the playstation controls from PS2 so maybe that will be the better choice for me.

I'm in the same spot as you. The last console I brought was that purple lunchbox which is now collecting dust in the basement. I've played the xbox360 a lot with some of my friends, but might go with the PS3 whenever I get enough funds to purchase it. Other games I could possibly buy are Burnout Paradise which is out on both, but GT5 is PS3 exclusive.

BrummieSteven

Just to let you know if you are from the UK you can buy a Xbox 360 from Woolworths and get GTA IV for free.

Better get the 360. Why?

1). Exclusive content which will be available in fall

2). More cool games

3). If you will have your console drive firmare modified u will be able to play games only for $2-3 per game

The best gamer in the world.

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã, ÷òî çà õóéíÿ? ¨ìàíàðîò, âàëèì îòñþäà!

BrummieSteven
I do not currently own PlayStation or XBOX but plan to buy one of the systems for GTA IV.  Which do you recommend for this game?  I don't really care about Blueray, just gaming.  For the record, I used to have a PS2 and have never played XBox.

Better get the 360. Why?

2). More cool games

3). If you will have your console drive firmare modified u will be able to play games only for $2-3 per game

I don't think you should be talking about modding firmware on here.

But I agree with everything else you say however it's all down to personal preference, there's no point in getting a Xbox 360 if all you're going to play is GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4 for example...

I do not currently own PlayStation or XBOX but plan to buy one of the systems for GTA IV.  Which do you recommend for this game?  I don't really care about Blueray, just gaming.  For the record, I used to have a PS2 and have never played XBox.

Better get the 360. Why?

2). More cool games

I don't think you should be talking about modding firmware on here.

But I agree with everything else you say however it's all down to personal preference, there's no point in getting a Xbox 360 if all you're going to play is GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4 for example...

I will buy PS3 only when you will be able to..hmm..modify it.

and I think everyone should have both systems to be able to play all the games.

The best gamer in the world.

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã, ÷òî çà õóéíÿ? ¨ìàíàðîò, âàëèì îòñþäà!

just like in the IGN Review, its better to get the system your friends have so that way you can enjoy the MP with them.