Missions integrate more into the experience?

javier911

So I've only done a few missions, but honestly, I don't see the difference from old games.

There were claims made that missions would be more tied into the experience, the way you would just do stuff in real life. So far it looks like the same story, you get a notification of some type, drive to the point that is clearly marked and the game stops and loads a cutscene, do the mission, drive back to a point, game stops, etc etc. Anyone else see my point?

I was expecting it to be more realistic, like when you pick up Roman to go to a show, you honk and he gets in. Or maybe sometimes you'd have to get out and go in and then the cutscene starts, or maybe even have less cutscenes and more in-game scenes. I know in-game would lose detail like facial expressions, but all this stopping/loading/re-appearing outside your car etc really kills that continuous experience sort of realism.

Did anyone else think it would be the way I described from early reviews or article whatever?

I think what they meant is that you dont have to do the mission as soon as its given to you. You can do a mission while doing a mission, or go out with someone and stuff like that. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

So I've only done a few missions, but honestly, I don't see the difference from old games.

There were claims made that missions would be more tied into the experience, the way you would just do stuff in real life. So far it looks like the same story, you get a notification of some type, drive to the point that is clearly marked and the game stops and loads a cutscene, do the mission, drive back to a point, game stops, etc etc. Anyone else see my point?

I was expecting it to be more realistic, like when you pick up Roman to go to a show, you honk and he gets in. Or maybe sometimes you'd have to get out and go in and then the cutscene starts, or maybe even have less cutscenes and more in-game scenes. I know in-game would lose detail like facial expressions, but all this stopping/loading/re-appearing outside your car etc really kills that continuous experience sort of realism.

Did anyone else think it would be the way I described from early reviews or article whatever?

i think they ment that the realism as in you can just walk in a kill people really quickly and there isnt 200 other people coming from over random locations, you can walk in walk out like it was realistic, I honestly like it, when you have to kill just one person you can just quickly run through kill him and get out of there tounge.gif

What where you expecting? this is GTA it will always be the same there not going to change the whole game and gameplay they continue on from the old ones and keep going.

I just wan't expecting the stopping and loading. Like when the game stops and reloads and you appear outside your car and the car is parked in a different place from when you stopped, that sort of thing.

I'm not saying it's a huge problem, I just thought from what I had been reading the missions would flow more smoothly, basically not so much loading and stopping for cutscenes.

I thought the same thing when I got like 4 or 5 missions in last night....just wait tho, once you actually get caught up in the game and past more less the tutorials, you'll get that FREEDOM feel your talking about

The missions seem to flow better imo.

Making them different from the other games in the way of the way they begin and end if that make sence?

The cell phone, by itself, makes everything flow together, especially since you aren't beholden to just answer and not anwer. It feels real.