For people worrying with Play.com's delivery

Cirris

I had just phoned up to inquire about my edition of GTA4 with Play.com, it is about 2pm now and I haven't received my copy. The nice chap on the phone had informed me that ALL of the GTA 4 standard edition copy's were handed over to Royal Mail on the 25th to be distributed to the local depots. Royal Mail were instructed to deliver these copy's for the 29th of April. The man also told me that with Halo 3 and the Harry Potter books, Royal Mail got extra postman in to deliver them.

Also do not think that because it hasn't been delivered this morning, it won't come. Royal Mail still deliver to about 5pm, and may also do extra hours because of this important event.

Play.com have done everything they can to get it to us, it is now up to Royal Mail, who should deliver on time. If not, I'm sure that it will most definitely be delivered tomorrow, and tbh it's only 1 more day.

I didn't receive my Halo 3 SE till about 4-5 pm last time, I was in this same state of "Will it come? Has it been lost in transit?". Chances are it's on it's way, and you may be at the end of a delivery route or something. My friend lives quite near the depot, and he's already got it, the same with Halo 3. I seem to be at the end of delivery routes wink.gif

Also remember they have got alot to deliver today, and may run a little late with delivery, but chances are you'll have it.

Edited by Cirris

I guess it's conceivable that this is the same for people like game, HMV, etc too?

Ye I mean I rang Play.com when my posted date changed suddenly to 28th, and they said there was lag with the system and that the original date it was posted is when it was posted. They really did stress to me that all pre-orders were sent off on the 25th and should be here today.

killer grunt

thanks i was dissapointed when mine did not come today but im not giving up hope yet dontgetit.gif

kingvercetti

I haven't got mine from them and I can tell I aren't going to. So I'm going up to town to hunt for a store that has a copy in, and when I get it off Play, sending it back.

I trusted them, I guess I made a mistake. bored.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Another note guys ring up your local depot after 5pm if it still hasn't come, you can see if they've got the item there or actually sent it out for delivery.