GTA IV PS3 Freezing during gameplay!

smd86

It's been working for 30 minutes now -- the longest run I've had today.

I'm doing missions, too. It'll probably go out soon though.

My 60gb version freezes occasionally mid-gameplay. Each time it has frozen for no more than 5 seconds then came back on. However the last time it happened, it froze immediately after I had saved (thank goodness) then never started up again.

my launch 60GB has frozen about 3 times. this is really disappointing, is there any way R* can fix this? not to mention that MP hasnt worked all day, this game is turning into a disappointment!

I have one of the 80 gb models purchased when they were first released and I can't play longer than 10 minutes until it freezes if I get lucky enough to get through the first cut scene.

dodgeviper500

so far this game is like assassins creed with the freezing issues and rainbow six vegas 2 with the online multiplayer issues , thats pretty sad cryani.gif

Any news? it froze on me now about 8 times in total. I hope it dont screws my ps3 suicidal.gif

It's actually quite funny. I rushed out to buy the 60 GB PS3 when it was annouced that the 40 GB would replace it. I thought I would buy a better machine and I actually purchased it because of GTA IV. confused.gif

NinjaJones
It's actually quite funny. I rushed out to buy the 60 GB PS3 when it was annouced that the 40 GB would replace it. I thought I would buy a better machine and I actually purchased it because of GTA IV. confused.gif

Should have just gotten an 80GB confused.gif

It's actually quite funny. I rushed out to buy the 60 GB PS3 when it was annouced that the 40 GB would replace it. I thought I would buy a better machine and I actually purchased it because of GTA IV.  confused.gif

Should have just gotten an 80GB confused.gif

I would also have bought the 80 GB if it was available in Europe.

mupet0000

Well i experienced my first freeze on my 40GB console after 4 hours of non stop play, it froze on the pause menu while i was on the map. PS3 is still fine though lol, think it got a little hot.

Dorelliun

PS3, 60 GB, 2nd day of launch.

2nd copy of the game. Followed all 12 instructions. Running in 480i standard.

Won't run. Hangs at intro sequence, sometimes hangs with no video, sometimes hangs on starting a new game, sometimes it hangs on opening a menu. This is bullsh*t.

I want some goddamned answers.

i have the 80 gb ps3 it took me about 5 tries for it to finally work then 3 minutes playing again it just froze this sucks.

I havent turned off my 60GB(launch) PAL ps3 for 5 days now with the game running and signed in to psn and at max resolution. I have been in and out of multiplayer and my game has not frozen once

sebastianfielbaum

MINE DOESNT I HAVE NEVER RUN INTO THE GAME FREEZING MY GTA IV ROCKS I CAN PLAY ALL DAY AND NIGHT NEVER FREEZES

(PS3 40GB)

stingray.

I've bought my 60 gig PS3 back in February 2007. Is that considered the Launch version? nervous.gif

I have PAL 40 gb PS3, the game was fine up until recently where when I start the game, the game sometimes freezes up for a moment then continues. Now for the first time it totally froze up when I arrived at a mission point...

Hopefully this thing won't happen that often.

stingray.
I have PAL 40 gb PS3, the game was fine up until recently where when I start the game, the game sometimes freezes up for a moment then continues. Now for the first time it totally froze up when I arrived at a mission point...

Hopefully this thing won't happen that often.

Wow, like EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this board is experiencing problems with the PS3 version. Sorry for all the whining, but I'm really scared, since I just bought my copy yesterday.

My game was fine up until today... now it keeps freezing up entirely when certain stuff loads up during missions (character gets out of car, starts saying something).

The solution by Take-Two is deleting all your game data.... man I can't do that...

Luckily I have two save slots - one that is auto save and another saved earlier (because you can't manually overwrite the autosave slot). Hopefully it'll go better with that slot.

Hey I'm gonna double post because I think this is very important:

I noticed these freezes occured ever since I connected my account to the R* Social Club. My game kept freezing up, until I signed out of PlayStation Network... I've been playing ever since with absolutely zero freezes. Whereas before it was often. Maybe you guys with 40gb PS3s try the same?

EDIT: Oops, just noticed this was posted earlier. But yeah this is good news!

Edited by Adriaan

i have the 80 gb ps3 it took me about 5 tries for it to finally work then 3 minutes playing again it just froze this sucks.

lol me too... whats going on???

Hey I'm gonna double post because I think this is very important:

I noticed these freezes occured ever since I connected my account to the R* Social Club. My game kept freezing up, until I signed out of PlayStation Network... I've been playing ever since with absolutely zero freezes. Whereas before it was often. Maybe you guys with 40gb PS3s try the same?

EDIT: Oops, just noticed this was posted earlier. But yeah this is good news!

hey me too! mine never froze untill i signed into social piece of crap club... maybe thats the issue?

stu.yates

Unbelievable. All this anticipation and the game freezes!!

Have played for around 5 hours (game time) and the games frozen about 4-5 times. So annoying. Sometimes in game and sometimes when loading.

Haven't tried turning off internet yet, but will try. I won't even start to talk about on-line play. No chance this is working.

Very, very, very disgruntled.

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Coral_City

For those trying new ideas out, please keep us posted!!!

stu.yates

...well, it appears as though the PS Network is to blame, or even this social club sh*t. Turned off the net and game loaded fine first time of asking. Sort it out Rockstar!!!