Two different boxes?

mubd

I got GTA IV at the EB games 3 HOURS away. I was asked by the salesperson,"Do you have Xbox Live?" I then noticed he was holding two boxes. One had a red stripe underneath the Xbox 360 and live logo (I couldn't read it), the other one was the standard box. I said that I didn't have live (My Xbox is WAAAY too far away from my routers and cable modems and I couldn't afford the wireless Xbox 360 adapter). I got the standard box. What was different about the other box and would it have mattered if I said I had live?

P.S. Yes, I have cable internet even at my VERRRY rural property. The old owner of the property was the Telstra exchange manager.

GTA3Freak-2001

From what I understand some retailers offer the bonus 500MS points and Exclusive Gamerpics come in a box almost identical to the actual game. I don't know what the guy was on about but that's my only thought on what it could be, either way the guy knows nothing as you are supposed to get both with a pre-order of the Standard edition.

But I think that the one with the red stripe wouldn'tve come with the one month free trial for Xbox Live.

schmitty4491
But I think that the one with the red stripe wouldn'tve come with the one month free trial for Xbox Live.

+1 i heard that you get a month subscription to xbl with it.

+1 i heard that you get a month subscription to xbl with it.

Well I think that because I said I didn't have live, the salesman sold me the one with the one month free trial of Xbox Live Gold.

If anyone knows what was on the red strip across the top and what is different about the version with the red strip, PLEASE reply.

i got the one with the red stripe below the live sign...wondered what it was...and then realised, it was just a rubber band placed around it! thought it was to do with the packaging myself, it was nothing important. your not missing out on anything!!

look close enough at the game box and it says that "online version of the game is not rated" so thats why, they will probably ask you for your ID because with the online version it would be AO

SirPsycho1977

Did it cost extra for the red stripe pack?

Sounds like he wanted to steal either the free trial or gamer points for himself.

[-Vice-Andreas-]

Oi guys, yes, I got these 2 boxes. I was surprised, I thought he accidently gave me 2 copies of the game haha. From EB's too.

The 2nd box is just a bonus 500 MS Points for your Live account, and Gamerpics. Two little card things with redeem codes on them, there is nothing in the disc hole but, just these 2 cards where the booklets go.

So yeah, nothing special really, but my GTA4 came with 1 month Gold Membership too! Sure most of yours did too

ps3 user all the way