Moderators

Alpine71

We really need to get some more Moderators in this place. I love GTA- Forums with a passion, but Im so sick of all the banned people, rejoining and still spamming spoilers

When I look at the bottom of the forums, I see about one moderator for every four hundred people

There are so many useless topics that need to be deleted, but I know the Moderators have their hands full all the time

Usually just trying to enjoy their time on Gta - Forums, but we should really consider some more Moderators, We can always use an extra hand

Thanks

SWEETSAPRIK

Quite a few staff members log in anonymously, so just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't here. Also, ledbys (who don't have a color in the online list) are capable of deleting and locking topics as well.

The staff will increase their numbers as they see fit. I'm sure they'd be much more aware of whether or not there was a problem than you or I would.

The banning and all that is handled by the Global Moderators. Locking of topics and moving of them is handled by the Forum Moderators. Between them they get the job done.

We really need to get some more Moderators in this place. I love GTA- Forums with a passion, but Im so sick of all the banned people, rejoining and still spamming spoilers

When I look at the bottom of the forums, I see about one moderator for every four hundred people

There are so many useless topics that need to be deleted, but I know the Moderators have their hands full all the time

Usually just trying to enjoy their time on Gta - Forums, but we should really consider some more Moderators, We can always use an extra hand

Thanks

This is where we need your help.

Report the topics that you think shouldnt be here.

The amount of new members to the IV forums has been incredible, we could have had 50 mods all in there at once and some topics would get missed.

Report the topics then it makes our jobs much easier.

x3FWE.png

Alright, Thanks again guys

And keep up the good work icon14.gif

I'll do my best to report anything that needs reporting

Mmm, to be fair as we are we're tripping over each other to lock topics as it is.

It has been discussed in the Mod Cave though icon14.gif.

I think the mods were amazingally quick at deleting spoilers in the GTA IV forum.

That's one of the reasons i use this forum, they are faster than speedy Gonzalez.

spursfan111

Well I just had look at the moderating team and some of the led by's are very inactive, take Diesel as an example this is his last post and last activity

Dec 17 2007, 17:42 / Jul 23 2007, 21:56

There is a few more led by's like this I think you need to get some new ones

Ive been on gta-forums for many years, and I can personally tell you that it's under control. cool.gif

Well I just had look at the moderating team and some of the led by's are very inactive, take Diesel as an example this is his last post and last activity

Dec 17 2007, 17:42 / Jul 23 2007, 21:56

There is a few more led by's like this I think you need to get some new ones

Diesel is a led-by of the Myraid Islands forum, he is one of the modders for it.

If it were anything different fair enough but he is part of a modding project hosted by the network..

Aye, DieselGT is inactive now. The reason that the situation hasn't been changed in the MI forum is because there's enough Global Staff linked closely enough with the project to cover it.

spursfan111

Fair enough but another example is FalconGT from VCMP.

Feb 16 2008, 05:31 / Dec 18 2007, 08:03

If you look through the led by's there are a few inactive but in fairness most are from MI. Thanks for clearing that up by the way

krashdown

Thanks

This is where we need your help.

Report the topics that you think shouldnt be here.

The amount of new members to the IV forums has been incredible, we could have had 50 mods all in there at once and some topics would get missed.

Report the topics then it makes our jobs much easier.

see this is where things can get hazy you might say report bad topics but then another mod will come along and give me a warning for reporting things too much (or something sneaky2.gif ).

Maybe bring back the rating system (where you can rate the topic) then you guys could go in and look at the crap topics and lock/delete them. and show the rating on the board so people don't go into them