360 Red Lights ?

jaz123

Anyone suffered from the red lights today ?

my xbox broke the other day, so im just curious to know if anyone elses did lol

x

Nope, because I got rid of the crappy old 360 with all the problems, and bought a new Elite.

makiaveli777

no didnt happen yessssssssssssssssssssssssss, i would throw my xbox away if it happened

user posted image

Mine broke today but I wasn't to pissed off about it, I mean, there's more in life then playing GTA4 and I'm just going to buy a new one tomorow when I arrive at the Game Mania store, they always have some in stock. So I'll be playing GTA4 on a new Xbox 360 tomorow biggrin.gif

i got the rrod about a week ago, suicidal.gif went to game and got a pre owned one,

mine will be back in 3 weeks so i will trade the older one in. devil.gif

Nope, because I got rid of the crappy old 360 with all the problems, and bought a new Elite.

Amen

ALPHA MALE ZERO

Same here mate..now got 2 as got the old one fixed..a backup just incase the Elite get the sh*tty RROD..

Woohoo GTA IV..is soon upon us..well most UK Guys n Girls anyway

Shadow Kipper

Mine hasnt had it yet but it is on a sorta life support,

Its neatly balanced on two metal tins which are undernath the fans with the lids off.

This way the heat (if it over heats) travels into the tin and out the gaps in the side.

Im also doing an hourly check for the rest of the night.

Also the powebrike has been moved from the carpat onto some other thing.

Ive never had any problems with it, its a premium, had it since December 07.

I hope i dont get RROD, i dont have enough money to just snap up a new one.

SPQR Stealth5

Its neatly balanced on two metal tins which are undernath the fans with the lids off.

This way the heat (if it over heats) travels into the tin and out the gaps in the side.

Got Error 74 yesterday but used the towel and worked so when it breaks again I'll send it in..

theReelBigFish

I've got mine since the release... and I never had any problem.

But last week, suddenly, there were wrong colours on the screen, and when I started my 360 there was no video at all, I could only hear the sound.

So I had to send it to MS repair centre. That was last monday. They said it would take them about 2 or 3 weeks to replace/repair it.

I got my IV - copy about 8 hours ago (Switzerland not EU icon14.gif ) but now I dunno what to do with myself suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Please MS, give me a new 360, fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm just reading the manual (the 325th time), it's a lot of fun confused.gif

Edited by theReelBigFish

Mine 3yr old 360 didn't RROD but it did get a red light and error 47 this weekend, which means its not covered for free repair I guess.

Luckly I already have a 80g ps3, and will probably just pickup an Elite if there gonna charge me to fix my 360.

I do hope PSN is good for online play since I've only been playing on XBL.

RagMan

Shadow Kipper

Got Error 74 yesterday but used the towel and worked so when it breaks again I'll send it in..

Ok, my 4th Xbox Check of the night is complete.

Its still working, good to see that my tin idea works, the metal tins have become icy cold and the window is open so... Extra ventilation.

If anyone wants a pic, ask if they want to get a similart set up organised.

I need it to last me until i get paid again which is on the 21st May.

ExciteMyPanda

I remenber my 2 year old xbox broke when i pre ordered halo 3, it was delivered all fine nice and early =] Put the disc in -.-....

That f*kin red monster of doom comes.

FAIL?

turn.gif

na been playing GTA non stop (my 360 is over a year old) and has never red lighted... I always run my 360 upright so it has tons of room to breath. Everyone i see with a 3RLOD have there 360 running on its side on a carpet or something.

Shadow Kipper
na been playing GTA non stop (my 360 is over a year old) and has never red lighted... I always run my 360 upright so it has tons of room to breath. Everyone i see with a 3RLOD have there 360 running on its side on a carpet or something.

Ive heard that running it horizontally is the better method... assuming its raised off the surface somehow

ExciteMyPanda

Im up for putting my new xbox in my mini fridge O_o.

No joke.

biggrin.gif

I just set mine on its side, but I put 3 games underneath so that all the vents are free and nothing is blocked.

No mine already did that before Halo 3 came out. The replacement one they sent me is working great!

I've had my 360 for two years and it's never RROD'd on me. biggrin.gif I do keep it on an open hardwood floor where it's nice and cool, though.

Shadow Kipper

I just set mine on its side, but I put 3 games underneath so that all the vents are free and nothing is blocked.

Thats what i did until i found another way but the 'stack' method works too

Heres a shot of what mine looked like a few minutes ago until i found the tins:

user posted image

Its well supported, in the centre and the fans are still free to breath. Make sure that it isnt tilted at all.

Shadow Kipper, you got a picture of the tin deisgn, I would really like to see how that works icon14.gif

user posted image

Shadow Kipper
Shadow Kipper, you got a picture of the tin deisgn, I would really like to see how that works icon14.gif

One sec let me get a shot

hitterhunter

microsoft is good at marketing to fanboys. they make faulty xbox's so u can play it. break it. then buy another one. that doubles their sales.

while with the PS3 we buy one and it works.

microsoft is making more money. even though sony has better quality stuff... weird aint it?