Disabling achievements by using cheats

GTA-US

To tell you the truth I could care less about those M$ achievements. They just clutter my screen in the middle of me playing. I hope enabling a cheat then saving WILL actually permanently disable the achievements on the 360. Anyone else feel the same about achievements?

Well I'm not an achievement whore but I don't mind having them. Some of them are a challenge to get so it just adds a little bit to the game. Besides it pops up on the bottom of the screen for about 3-4 seconds doesn't get in the way at all.

Now if popped up in the middle of the screen taking up half to TV with 360 logo, things would be different. But whatever floats your boat.

Achievements are ace, gives tons of replay value to a game. It barely obstructs the screen, and in GTA it comes on at the top of the screen which isn't really in the way. (saw it in a live feed so I can't source)

Well I'm not an achievement whore but I don't mind having them. Some of them are a challenge to get so it just adds a little bit to the game. Besides it pops up on the bottom of the screen for about 3-4 seconds doesn't get in the way at all.

Now if popped up in the middle of the screen taking up half to TV with 360 logo, things would be different. But whatever floats your boat.

I have the same opinion as you. *looks at sig* Ok well I'm not a whore about them I just get lucky a lot.

i've used cheats in missions for all the GTA games. so i'm gona try and do this with out cheats.. if i do use cheats, i will not be saving it.

Man, it's your game, your money, don't let anybody tell you how to play it.

Already gotten those Achievements that the cheats affect wink.gif. Cheating like crazy now, but i want the more interesting cheats biggrin.gif.

Already gotten those Achievements that the cheats affect wink.gif. Cheating like crazy now, but i want the more interesting cheats biggrin.gif.

Which ones get affected by cheats??

i think the people that say the achievements are gay are the ones that dont have 360's. I thought it was retarded and pointless until i got a 360, and you find your self like subconsiously (sp?) playing for them after you beat the main part of a game.

Anyways, i beat SR without cheats and i think that this time around GTA 4 will be fine without cheats, i dont need them.

Which ones get affected by cheats??

one man army and escape with 4 stars i think are the only ones I know of

Anyways, i beat SR without cheats and i think that this time around GTA 4 will be fine without cheats, i dont need them.

Didn't need them

i don't really understand achievements? and what happens with cheats and achievements? can someone please explain this to me....

i'm not an idiot, i just don't know, and i have a PS3 so i guess i won't get achievements?

but if you do have achievements and you use cheats, can you just have one save game with cheats and one without and use achievements on the one without? or if you use cheats do you permanently screw up the whole game even if you have a save without them?

TY smile.gif

Hells no.. I love achievements.. GTA is a quality enough game that I'll be getting 100% on the completion meter and ALL the achievements.

Achievements are ace, gives tons of replay value to a game. It barely obstructs the screen, and in GTA it comes on at the top of the screen which isn't really in the way. (saw it in a live feed so I can't source)

Source please

tounge.gif