Generic Recommendations Topic

Rhoda

Can anyone recommend me some power metal bands?

Manowar, and Lordi are my top choices in power metal. wow.gif

You could also check out Avian

While not technically Powermetal, Rob Lowe's vocals and lyrics remind me alot of power metal in Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus

Anyone want to recommend me some music that has lyrics that are as sardonic as the Dead Kennedys?

Anyone want to recommend me some music that has lyrics that are as sardonic as the Dead Kennedys?

jello biafra with the melvins.

really the only thing youll find thats even close to being on par.

Scarface187

Manowar, and Lordi are my top choices in power metal. wow.gif

Lordi aren't power metal?

You can never go wrong with Blind Guardian. My favorite power metal band. Hansi Kursch is one of the best metal vocalists I think.

user posted image

I've never really gone beyond greatest hits CD's for Iron Maiden, which is a sin, I know. I'll be sure to acquire Powerslave and Seventh Son. Any more heavy metal bands you think I'd like?

I have a personal love for Savatage. Their early stuff is riff-orientated Power Metal, and their later stuff (Streets: A Rock Opera and later) is progressive, piano-incorporated music. All their albums, except for Fight For The Rock, are awesome. They have also had two completely different vocalists, so don't forget to try an album or so from each. I recommend Streets: A Rock Opera and Edge of Thorns to start.

Try Iced Earth also, especially "Burnt Offerings", one of my favourite albums ever.

Just two random bands that pop to mind.

Gamma Ray and Helloween, for sure. Also the two I recommended to Masterkraft, although Savatage are more Heavy/Progressive Metal than Power Metal. I suspect if you like Power Metal you'll like them anyway, though.

Edited by Sheeno

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.