Generic Recommendations Topic

Rhoda

OP shall take this suggestion on board and have a wee listen. wink.gif

Oblivionz

OP shalt listen to Scapegoat if he hasn't yet.

kdr9l4.png

Can we please stop arguing about this?

Debating. wink.gif

Oh, whatever. Same thing. >.< tounge.gif

OP shall take this suggestion on board and have a wee listen. wink.gif

Awesome. Please post back stating what you felt about each recommendation.

And about how much you adore Threshold.

Blind Joe Death

Oh, and OP should check out the new Melvins album, Nude With Boots.

I second this. Nude With Boots is truly a great album. You'll have to find a torrent since it hasn't officially hit the stores yet, but it got leaked quite a while ago.

Clutch is also a band you should look into, they are f*cken a.

edit (@OP): From reading the bands you write under alternative, I think you'll like The Vines, The Black Crowes and The Hives. Not stuff I listen to much but you should give them a listen.

Also, give Muse a listen to. Good Progressive Rock band.

Edited by Ya Mum

Just acquired some of The Melvins, Boris and Scapegoat, and it's fantastic stuff so far, just what I was looking for. I'm bound to eat my way through most of these listed at one point. icon14.gif

Lost-Fender

I second Clutch, Muse and Thrice.

Listen to Fugazi, a great independent alternative rock band. inlove.gif I consider Repear + 3 Songs their best EP. If you like that, you might also like listen to Ian MacKaye and Guy Picciottos's previous bands, Minor Threat and Rites Of Spring, respectively.

Medaphoar

Yes, Supertramp, and Kansas are the best progressive/arena rock bands out there.

Been a part of gtaf since I can remember. Time to go.

user posted image

aye captain, this nigga is out. 2001-2008.

Yes, Supertramp, and Kansas are the best progressive/arena rock bands out there.

Supertramp are fantastic, I named my last band after their greatest hits album, "Retrospectacle".

Regarding Thrice, I've got their 4 part album, Anthology I think it's called, with all the four elements inspiring the theme. That's epic. icon14.gif

Medaphoar

Supertramp are fantastic, I named my last band after their greatest hits album, "Retrospectacle".

Regarding Thrice, I've got their 4 part album, Anthology I think it's called, with all the four elements inspiring the theme. That's epic. icon14.gif

Crime of the Century is a classic as well, I'm sure you've heard of it.

Been a part of gtaf since I can remember. Time to go.

user posted image

aye captain, this nigga is out. 2001-2008.

Lost-Fender

The Alchemy Index Vol. I-IV wink.gif Those are epic albums indeed. The Fire and Air volumes are my favourites so far. You should check out the previous album, "Vheissu", as well. It is a more experimental album with a wider number of elements put into their songs, I recommend it.

Edited by Lost-Fender

Oblivionz

The Alchemy Index Vol. I-IV wink.gif It an epic album indeed. The Fire and Air volumes are my favourites so far. You should check out the previous album, "Vheissu", as well. It is a more experimental album with a wider number of elements put into their songs, I recommend it.

Eh, the new Thrice albums are best.

Earth and Air. inlove.gif

kdr9l4.png

So far, I've listened to these and loved them:

Venetian Snares (speaking of which, I absolutely HAVE to find more music like this, my ears orgasmed at this)

Thrice (Alchemy Index I-IV is epic, I love it)

Scapegoat (Zombie Dog is fantastic)

The Melvins (Nude With Boots, very energetic album)

Boris (Pink and Smile, I love how frantic and experimental they can be sometimes)

Thrice (Alchemy Index I-IV is epic, I love it)

Boris (Pink and Smile, I love how frantic and experimental they can be sometimes)

Oooh I picked up those Alchemy albums yesterday, quite incredible. I'm supprised I didn't pick them up when they came out actually.

Boris's experimetalism is their best factor, you chould check out the Heavy Rocks album they did with Merzbow.

I will do, thanks. icon14.gif Does anyone know a band that has the raw intensity and style of the Mad Capsule Markets? I understand they're not too mainstream, but any help would be great.

I will do, thanks. icon14.gif Does anyone know a band that has the raw intensity and style of the Mad Capsule Markets? I understand they're not too mainstream, but any help would be great.

I found one song of theirs earlier, I wasn't all that impressed by their style but they brought up Amon Tobin in my mind, at least the drum patterns did.

The song also brought up a bit of the prodigy in my mind. But those uber fast, non melodic songs arn't my forte so no real recomindations from me there. :\

Though I picked MCM as an example, any band that does what they do would be fantastic. Something that could be described as just "noise", I tend to like because they provide something more energetic.

Though I picked MCM as an example, any band that does what they do would be fantastic. Something that could be described as just "noise", I tend to like because they provide something more energetic.

Whilst not exactly noise, or really electronic you can try out the industrial punk band Mindless Self Indulgence. They sound nothing like your provided example but their high energy.

I've got this one cd by a band called Raism who I would describe as digital hardcore metal. Stange band but they might be what your looking for.

I'm not sure where you'd be able to find their cd though. If you do manage to find them check out their Aesthetic Terrorism cd.

One of my dj friends from second life is more into that hardcore electronics than me, I'll ask him later on for some more stuff a bit more like what you want.

Ah, I do like a bit of Mindless. They get quite dull for my liking, very repetitive too. I'll definitely give Raism a listen though. icon14.gif

-beeblebrox-

On the Thrice 'debate', I wasn't chuffed with Vheissu, so I didn't bother with the next lot, I have Artist in the Ambulance though, rather fond of that.

Black-hawk

They're pretty popular, but I suggest checking The Offspring out. They haven't fallen into that emo fad and still produce awesome music. Americana and Ixnay on the Hombre are really worth listening too. Also I like Splinter, although many people state that it's a very mediocre album compared to the others.

And great songs of theirs include:

• The Kids Aren't Alright

• Spare Me the Details

• Hammerhead

• Can't Repeat

• The Noose

• Staring at the Sun

• Gone Away

And many others. turn.gif

user posted image

What's the best Iron Maiden album in your opinion? I did briefly have Edward The Great on my iPod but quickly got bored of the mainstream.

Something that could be described as just "noise", I tend to like because they provide something more energetic.

If you want some noise, check out Merzbow, if you want a more noise rock direction, some early Sonic Youth might suit you well, Confusion is Sex or Bad Moon Rising mainly. You might like Big Black and Shellac too.

Something that could be described as just "noise", I tend to like because they provide something more energetic.

If you want some noise, check out Merzbow, if you want a more noise rock direction, some early Sonic Youth might suit you well, Confusion is Sex or Bad Moon Rising mainly. You might like Big Black and Shellac too.

I suggest Merzbow's 1930. It's difficult and harsh but tolerable. Aube is pretty quality noise/ambient. Check out Maurizio Bianchi (M.B.) as well.

What's the best Iron Maiden album in your opinion? I did briefly have Edward The Great on my iPod but quickly got bored of the mainstream.

Mine's Seventh Son, with Powerslave a close second. Powerslave has some of the greatest songs ever but one or two filler, Seventh Son never quite reaches the class of Powerslave's best, but is all-in-all a better CD, in my opinion.

Scarface187

Somewhere in Time.

Haha, Merzbow...Get some Prurient instead.

I guess Merzbow is too popular now...

For Merzbow albums get Music for Bondage Performance Volume 1 and Merzzow. The stuff he's done with Boris is cool too.

user posted image

I've never really gone beyond greatest hits CD's for Iron Maiden, which is a sin, I know. I'll be sure to acquire Powerslave and Seventh Son. Any more heavy metal bands you think I'd like?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.