4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Bugs & Glitches

Deuce Deuce

LAUGH_INSURANCE
I am playing GTA IV on the XBOX360 and the game sometimes slows down or freezes/crashes, this has happened a few times mainly during times of a lot of activity or when driving at fast speeds for a long distance.

I have exchanged the game for another copy and same problem occurs, It can't be my console as all my other games work fine, hopefully this isn't going to be a major problem and no one else will experience the problem.

If the game has frozen/crashed for anyone else could you let me know, I hope my local shop hasn't got a dodgey batch of discs.

Yesterday when I press the B button for camera angles, everything slowed right down as if everyone was driving 5 miles per hour. I re-loaded and things were normal again.

That mission where Jacob tell Niko to deliver the package to the man in the tunnel, the blip map leads us in the wrong part of the area. I followed the yellow route to the yellow circle and I always saw a grass bank with trees, I never knew the tunnel was undernealth and I failed that mission about twelve times until I found the tunnel. I went to the same spot, drove across the concrete pathway until the car went off the edge and I reversed in the tunnel. If Rockstar gave a different route with a little more time I wouldn't have had all that crap to deal with.

The mission where you have to get the car with the dead woman in the back, at first the yellow circle was guiding me to the wrong place, it was located across the street from the car park and the circle was marked inside a building and it took me ages to find the man. I had to load my game in again and the yellow circle suddenly appeared in the correct place.

I've had cops stealing my vehicles outside my second safe house.

One time after I passed a mission and saved my game in a safe house, after passing another mission, when I loaded my game back in it kept loaded my game from before I passed the latest mission as if it wanted me to pass the same latest mission again. This was a glitch from the auto save because that mission before the latest one was stuck at the bottom of my save slots where the auto saves go. Luckily I saved my game twice where it's in my hard drive and memory card so I managed to avoid passing the same mission twice.

One time Niko pointed a gun at a man selling hot dogs and instead of Niko shooting him, an explosion went off and Niko was blown up.

Sometimes the Wavepoint leads me to the wrong locations. I follow the green lines and sometime I find myself driving the wrong way and I have to turn around and drive back. One time I paid $5 to get past the gate on a bridge and I had to pay another $5 to get back.

Sometimes the Wavepoint leads me to the wrong locations. I follow the green lines and sometime I find myself driving the wrong way and I have to turn around and drive back.

Ive noticed that as well, however I belive that it is because the GPS gives you the "safest" path (i.e. not going the wrong way down a one way street). Ive seen it take me in a loop that would probably be a mile in real life just to get to the other side of the street (it doesnt want you to cross traffic). But whatever, its still a ballin game.

Anyone noticed that when u call the fire service for a car thats exploded, wen they arrive, and get out, they dont attempt to put the fire out, it just burns out as usual..

I heard there's freezing problems with the game if you play it for too long - PS3 mostly but 360 aswell.

I have PS3 version but so far - touch wood - no problems. I expect it, it was the same with Spyro on the PS2.

the freezing problem is on the 60gig launch version, all the rest should be fine

i had one glitch, i shot a TV in my apartment and then went watching TV and it worked(lol)

another one: i drove, drove, drove, suddenly my camera shaked and my car flipped on place and i slided on my roof off the dukes-bohan bridge........

this one is known: if you dont want to pay the toll wait for a car to come in front of you, before the block goes up push the car in front of you so it will break the block and drive on, you will save $5

edit: i read some comments and well.. it reminded me of another one,

in a mission with the warehouse(packie) in coney island i shot them all except one, my friend told me: "look theres still one crawling!" and i thought: "what a lil bastard!" so i took my time changing to the shotgun, he was next to me and for fun i turned the auto aim off, i aimed into his eye, shot him and i blowed up, WTF was that? sure there gas tanks for lets say, a grill, i died after that shot and came back, there was nothing... i was so pissed off

Edited by sronsr
Anyone noticed that when u call the fire service for a car thats exploded, wen they arrive, and get out, they dont attempt to put the fire out, it just burns out as usual..

Not a bug, just sh*tty AI.

I've just found this video on YouTube of a cool glitch where you can launch your vehicle halfway accross Broker:

It does actualy work, no cheats involved, but takes a while to work, dunno how it does what it does, something to do with the broken swing set i guess.

It really messes up your car sometimes, i used a Blista Compact, after i landed i tried moving, 2 of my wheels had stopped moving completely, only one wheel was completely free (one of the front wheels luckily), i was able to drive down the road (going about 1mph), but eventualy the tire burst as it was always wheel spinning, after that i couldn't move at all lol.

I got a pic of another car i virtualy totaled, but having troubles getting it on PC, will post later when i can get it.

I am playing GTA IV on the XBOX360 and the game sometimes slows down or freezes/crashes, this has happened a few times mainly during times of a lot of activity or when driving at fast speeds for a long distance.

I have exchanged the game for another copy and same problem occurs, It can't be my console as all my other games work fine, hopefully this isn't going to be a major problem and no one else will experience the problem.

If the game has frozen/crashed for anyone else could you let me know, I hope my local shop hasn't got a dodgey batch of discs.

i been reading a lot of forum posts and it seems to me like the problems seem to happen a lot more on the xbox 360 version. i have the ps3 version and i've never had the game crash, or had the phantom taxi glitch, or the glitch where the car u parked in your reserved parking space disappears later, and i've played a lot. it seems u 360 owners got shafted and got the short end of the stick cuz the game seems to run btter on the ps3. dontgetit.gif

Yesterday when I press the B button for camera angles, everything slowed right down as if everyone was driving 5 miles per hour. I re-loaded and things were normal again.

You must of accidentally put it in to slow motion and not realised. Even if you let go of the B button, then pressed it again slow mo will still stay on untill you press the left stick (i think its the left stick) to turn it off.

a lot during missions if I pause the game the screen goes black and wont do anything so I would have to restart the game. It sometimes happen when not on missions, but not so much.

I have the xbox 360 version, new disk, no scratches

When you're on a bridge with the tramline underneith the cars will swirve to avoid the tram although it's benith them. It's sometimes annoying to find all of the cars crashing into you at the same time. It's a little silly but I'm sure it wouldn't take 5 minutes to program a fix.

That mission where Jacob tell Niko to deliver the package to the man in the tunnel, the blip map leads us in the wrong part of the area.  I followed the yellow route to the yellow circle and I always saw a grass bank with trees, I never knew the tunnel was undernealth and I failed that mission about twelve times until I found the tunnel.  I went to the same spot, drove across the concrete pathway until the car went off the edge and I reversed in the tunnel.  If Rockstar gave a different route with a little more time I wouldn't have had all that crap to deal with. 

Hehe, I remember that mission, had the same problem as you. I needed 3 tries before I found the tunnel.

It is just a matter of smart thinking. If the blip leads you to something that isn`t there it must be at a higher or lower level.

Sometimes when I take the train from Bohan to Algonquin it draws the world instead of the station, but it goes back to normal if I fumble my way through invisible stairs up to ground-level.

May have something to do with using cinematic view or the phone camera on the train.

user posted image (PS3)

i bumped to petrol pump where the semi is found on the first island with said semi, the fuel pump exploded and the semi went whirling in the air for about 10 seconds, as i was using the in cab veiw i just saw sky ground sky ground then ended up falling through the map and landed on a road several streets away with the truck still running, not blown to bits as normal

PS3 version

I've just found this video on YouTube of a cool glitch where you can launch your vehicle halfway accross Broker:

It does actualy work, no cheats involved, but takes a while to work, dunno how it does what it does, something to do with the broken swing set i guess.

It really messes up your car sometimes, i used a Blista Compact, after i landed i tried moving, 2 of my wheels had stopped moving completely, only one wheel was completely free (one of the front wheels luckily), i was able to drive down the road (going about 1mph), but eventualy the tire burst as it was always wheel spinning, after that i couldn't move at all lol.

I got a pic of another car i virtualy totaled, but having troubles getting it on PC, will post later when i can get it.

user posted image

omfg, ok i found the swing and first go it just blew the car up on the spot

second time it launched the car off into the distance but threw me out of it in and i'm now swimming in the ocean about 10 blocks out

gonna have some fun with this

lol.gif

<edit>

9 times out of ten i get seperated from the car and just about see it flying off in the opposite direction just before i die

i managed one sucsessful taxi launch, pheeeeeew what a trip duuuuuude

of all the semi smasming i've done, the tripped out swing really gets some major damage going on, completely twisted the whole car

any more mental swings about like that?

Edited by caladina
Sometimes when I take the train from Bohan to Algonquin it draws the world instead of the station, but it goes back to normal if I fumble my way through invisible stairs up to ground-level.

May have something to do with using cinematic view or the phone camera on the train.

user posted image (PS3)

That's pretty cool. Also I'll have to try that swing thing.

LAUGH_INSURANCE
I don't know if this has been posted, but look at this crazy glitch on youtube!

It's just weird.

Either the player used cheats and too many of them or Rockstar did a blunder. I believe the player used too many cheats and his/her game got bollocksed over it.

Picture: http://pics.livejournal.com/valkorn/pic/0047b1az

I wonder how they screw russian laguige, why!? Why they didn't spend 10-20 minutes in the net to find russian who will correct their stupid errors?

Òÿæ¸ëûé ãðóç:

Òðàíçèò âèíî-âîäî÷íîé ïðîäóêöèè (or whatever they mean with Âîäêà â ïåðåõîäå)

Âåñ: 438 êã

Îòïðàâèòåëü: Ðîññèÿ

...............................................................................................................................

this is unexpected bug from Rockstar, really unexpected.

At the end of the game, I went out with Kate.......

Thats not at all a bad thing, unless you had the ending I had.....

I saw a glitch on a live feed, there was a guy who stood on a low wall and tried to get on a bike that was on the ground and somehow he got stuck upside down underground. You could see the wheels sticking up of the curb and he had to load a saved game, looked hella funny xD

i've done this...i got on a hellfury while it was on its side...it turned upside down and under the road...i tried to drive but the wheels would just spin...i got off and back on and it w fixed itself! :-o

On 360, if you go into multiplayer then exit it. Sign out and sign in as another gamertag, you will have the character of the first person that was signed in regardless if you have unlocked all the clothing for that character. The options actually appear (for example) as option 5/2 as in 5 out of 2.

On 360, if you go into multiplayer then exit it. Sign out and sign in as another gamertag, you will have the character of the first person that was signed in regardless if you have unlocked all the clothing for that character. The options actually appear (for example) as option 5/2 as in 5 out of 2.

I had something similar to that on the PS3 version, but i don't know how it happened, its like i started the game with a higher rank than i should have had.

I customized my character before playing my first game, the second time i played online (with same account), my character was the same, but, it said something like 4/2 for head, 5/3 for legs etc... So i changed them to see wat was going on, and the things i had selected before were no longer available (although i have them back now that i am a higher rank).

Actualy, come to think of it, it may have been a before and after situation with the updates, maybe that changed something for the second time i played?

A Strange Bug This one

me neighbour reloaded the game just to show me

he was out at a strip club with Roman it went to a cut scene of

a lap dance and just after the cut finished the strippers freaked out and

then security came in guns blazing

maybe something cut from AU Version or could be a weird

glitch

That happened to me!

guys, please..im new here.

ive been following gta4 since it was announced, and the series and anything rockstar puts out is amazing.

im at 60%, and i have no missions to do. i know im close. HELP!!