why

Yatesyz

Why has the sections LCS and VCS been moved below GTA3 on the forum. I liked it more the way it was because it was the order they were released.

Can a mod move it back please? moto_whistle.gif

More people play GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas than Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. Tough call.

I don't see any problem with this move. The newer members will flock the IVums and the older members are very well aware where to look for moved sub-forums.

It could be argued that the same amount of people play LCS & VCS as those that play GTA 3 and VC. The stories series sections are much more active than their counterparts that’s for sure.

Please can you just put VCS and LCS sections back below GTA4 and above SA please, its really bugging me. cryani.gif

Where have the General Discussion sections of III, VC and SA disappeared? Have they been binned permanently or just temporaruly hidden to non-staff members?

I thought I'd just use this topic to get my question answered. smile.gif

AndyGanteks

I don't have trouble with that.

I'd rather suggest to create a general discussion sub-forum out of this forum topics that are bellow those who exist GTA 4 forum link

edit : I just noticed the gen discussions are gone for VC,III and SA . In that case i'm fine then.

Edited by AndySerb

They're still there, just scroll down a little further.

No, they aren't there anymore. I just wanted to know whether they have been taken off temporarily or permanently.

General Discussion sections of III, VC and SA

I do not like the change made to the General Discussion sections. I did not mind clicking that subforum link as it was right there with the others. Now the topics are below and you need to scroll a bit too much to see them, past the forum banner etc. As the subforum order was already changed, I keep clicking at the wrong ones, now I also need to scroll down. Yes, change resistance lives strongly in me. While I can get used to the subforum order change as time goes by, I know from experience I won't come to like the way the General Discussion has been organized. I'd like to see it back the way it was, and the IV forum follow that old style as well.

The new hierarchy is better tounge.gif - reason:

Previously GD was on the same level as all the other subsections (Troubleshooting, Gameplay,...) and didn't stand out against them visually, although it was special: a hub for everything broadly related to the game that didn't fit into the specific subsections. Now the hierarchy allows you to see the general / broad topics as soon as you click on III/VC/SA, and if you're interested in getting gameplay help/... you can easily enter the desired sub-section with the exact same number of clicks as before.

General Discussion sections of III, VC and SA

I do not like the change made to the General Discussion sections. I did not mind clicking that subforum link as it was right there with the others. Now the topics are below and you need to scroll a bit too much to see them, past the forum banner etc. As the subforum order was already changed, I keep clicking at the wrong ones, now I also need to scroll down. Yes, change resistance lives strongly in me. While I can get used to the subforum order change as time goes by, I know from experience I won't come to like the way the General Discussion has been organized. I'd like to see it back the way it was, and the IV forum follow that old style as well.

Oh...now I understand where the GD went. I just didn't notice it. Thanks.

It doesn't matter much; though I'm used to seeing it the old way.

I think you should put them into 3 front page categories. The Stories section, the IV section, and the GTA3 series.

IV at the top, then 3 with the subs for those, then stories, with two subs for those... Way cleaner, more exposure to the bigger picture. I've been thinking of going over doing this at GTAJ with everyone.

It could be argued that the same amount of people play LCS & VCS as those that play GTA 3 and VC. The stories series sections are much more active than their counterparts that’s for sure.

I don't really think that's accurate, or matters. Those games were little novelties compared to the full scale originals imo.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I think you should put them into 3 front page categories. The Stories section, the IV section, and the GTA3 series.

The Stories games are part of the GTA3 era. And in your categorisation, where would GTA1, London and GTA2 fit in?

The Stories games are part of the GTA3 era. And in your categorisation, where would GTA1, London and GTA2 fit in?

Old Skool

/hand gestures

Somewhat related, and has been...bugging is too strong a word...so is irritating...strange? for most of the time since the crash of '05.

In the sidebar, under the Modding Showroom list, Vehicles and Miscellaneous are always switching positions. Just curious; do you have two different backups? Is it some stray gremlin code? Or is it simply another in the long list of things I've found in life that are just there to f*ck with me?

Just wondering.

Oh yeah, since ya'll keep locking all the "flood" topics before I get a chance to add to it, how about reducing the flood time on the search at least?

In the sidebar, under the Modding Showroom list, Vehicles and Miscellaneous are always switching positions. Just curious; do you have two different backups? Is it some stray gremlin code? Or is it simply another in the long list of things I've found in life that are just there to f*ck with me?

No, it is IPB failing as usual. Don't really think about it. It even happens to newer forums we've created. IPB is just fail, so until GTAF 2.0, you'll have to deal with it.