Disc Unreadable.

blowyerbrainsUK

blowyerbrainsUK

Ooh. First post in the topic. Before I start, it is a legit copy that I bought on Friday from a shop in my town.

Right, on topic. First time I put the disc in, it played fine until I turned it off. When I turned my Xbox back on, I got "Disc Unreadable". Which was strange, as I hadn't taken the disc out at all. I looked at the disc and it was fine. After a few ejects, it works. It's really annoying though, and it has no scratches on it.

Any ideas, people?

maverick808
Ooh. First post in the topic. Before I start, it is a legit copy that I bought on Friday from a shop in my town.

Right, on topic. First time I put the disc in, it played fine until I turned it off. When I turned my Xbox back on, I got "Disc Unreadable". Which was strange, as I hadn't taken the disc out at all. I looked at the disc and it was fine. After a few ejects, it works. It's really annoying though, and it has no scratches on it.

Any ideas, people?

Maybe your drive is breaking? Could you try it on another xbox?

Sounds like your dvd drive is on it's way out unfortunately. I had the same problem with my xbox recently. The games would eventualy work after numerous attempts.......got fed up with it, sent my xbox back to microsoft to fix the problem, turns out both the dvd drive and mother board needed replaced. sad.gif

Yeah, your DVD drive must be broken. You can get a new one for free wink.gif.

THE GODFATHER98

Sounds like your dvd drive is on it's way out unfortunately. I had the same problem with my xbox recently. The games would eventualy work after numerous attempts.......got fed up with it, sent my xbox back to microsoft to fix the problem, turns out both the dvd drive and mother board needed replaced. sad.gif

ha ha, no sh*t like this happening to the ps3!!

QUOTE (Belter @ Apr 28 2008, 14:54)

Sounds like your dvd drive is on it's way out unfortunately. I had the same problem with my xbox recently. The games would eventualy work after numerous attempts.......got fed up with it, sent my xbox back to microsoft to fix the problem, turns out both the dvd drive and mother board needed replaced. 

I hate fanboys...

ye sucks to be us (ive got a 360)

Bobstophalos

Woo Hooo we took are time to create a console cool.gif

[
ha ha, no sh*t like this happening to the ps3!! Woo Hooo we took are time to create a console cool.gif

You created the ps3 Bravo , standing ovation and all that thank you for making it yourself

SerenUnderdog

but not that much to learn how to spell, heh?

Edit: methinks it's the player, happened to a mate of mine, his GoW was getting the error and not other games, turned out it was indeed the player

My COD4 DVD is completly scratched because of the sh*tty drive of the xbox... But i can still play amazingly biggrin.gif Sometimes I get that error because of the dvd and sometimes due to the drive itself i think. My solution is to turn the xbox on and off until it says on the dashboard COD4 instead of play dvd smile.gif

So you created the PS3? Very nice... very nice...

hmm i have the same problem with my 360, randomly it will say "disc is unreadable" when i play gh3 and stuff sad.gif luckily for me it wont be much of a problem as i'll be purchasing gta for both 360 and ps3 smile.gif

Blackadder.

I too, have a similar error. From another post of mine.

Ok my dad swung by with the game, Yay!

But it's not all good news. I put the disc in, it loads up, I watch the opening cutscene, start Driving Roman's car. "Woosh" Xbox Guide pops out from the right "This disc is unreadable." Ok I think, so I start the game again, and like before, it gives me an error before I can even get to Roman's apartment.

Tried a couple more times and I finally make it to Roman's house, cutscene plays out fine, tells me about saving my game etc. It autosaves and I get control of Niko, I run out the front door, starts telling me more stuff... "Woosh" "Disc Error." I can't even get outside to do the first proper mission. sad.gif

Anyone got suggestions to make it playable until tomorrow where I will take it back and get a new copy?

So yeah, any temporay solutions you guys have so I can play it a little before tomorrow would be great.

user posted image

i have also have the same problem

but it only happens when i play gta 4 but with form example pgr4 it works great

wat could the problem be????? angry.gif

everytime b4 u play eject the disc and put it back in and you wont get that screen that says cant read disc(i know its pretty stupid but it works)

errornation

yea my xbox is under 6 months old, i aint buying that dvd drive lark, its knackered!!! it only happens for gta 4 and has only happened for the first time on gta 4, so i think theres a few errors on the discs, its going right back for a new one tomro!! not happy

blowyerbrainsUK
everytime b4 u play eject the disc and put it back in and you wont get that screen that says cant read disc(i know its pretty stupid but it works)

Nope. Still does it. Really annoying!