Niko, He funny

Slamman

Hey all

I think I'll be too busy playing to read and post here soon, but I have to say from limited uploaded videos, all under 10 minutes, that I've seen since the week began, Niko has made the most impression on me as the best visualized character from the new GTA4, that I know so far... and as a main character. Following his various comments, the humor is much stylized in the same way Christopher Walken is funny in all he does.

Or even Tommy Lee Jones doing a comedic part...or Charles Grodin. Besides a defining character by their voice alone, the delivery is key. In this case, dead pan.

Virtually all Niko's simple comments while not on a mission are hilarious.

Who thinks he'll be the most endearing character in the whole game??

I keep laughing, so I know it's good! colgate.gif

I couldnt agree more man, its the little things he says really put a smile on my face ! I also agree that he is the most definable character, I mean can you remember what Claude or Tommy sounded like ?

I couldnt agree more man, its the little things he says really put a smile on my face ! I also agree that he is the most definable character, I mean can you remember what Claude or Tommy sounded like ?

not so much claude, but tommy yes.

and i agree. niko ftw

Grand Theft Auto Dude

In the GT video review, Niko runs over about half a dozen peds, and then says 'Sooorry'. It might not sound funny here, but when you actually hear it, it is hilarious. biggrin.gif

and you got roman as well for the drunken screaming and idiocy. I've watched a lot of gameplay now, and this game is funny as hell.

btw, I remember what tommy sounded like... like a pissed off ray liotta..

and you got roman as well for the drunken screaming and idiocy. I've watched a lot of gameplay now, and this game is funny as hell.

that's cuz it was ray liotta

fishermanGTA
word, and he wont repeat lines for a very long time too

Thats the part that I think akes him so compelling.

He definitly comes across as a sinister, scary guy, but the stuff that he and Roman come out with is hilarious

Something that made me cry from laughing so hard when I was playing today

SPOILER ALERT

In the mission where Roman and Niko get kidnapped, one of the kidnappers is threating Niko with a hacksaw while he's tied to a chair (Same scene at the end of Trailer 4). The guy is screaming and yelling at Niko, waving this saw around, yelling "who are you working for!?". Niko calmly says "Your dad takes it in the ass".

I rofled til I just couldn't rofl no more

No?

No?

no what?

ray liotta did the voice of tommy vercetti

No?

no what?

ray liotta did the voice of tommy vercetti

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314123/

icon14.gif

not so much claude, but tommy yes.

and i agree. niko ftw

yeah, did he mean Carl?? hahaha

I hate to mini-spoil ya yet, but I described the leaked vids early on with a preview of two cars stalled out via damage to the engine, and Niko cursing with various sayings at the car to coax it to start, that is still funny just THINKING about it!!!