GTA4 Achievements ruined

chuck berry

chuck berry

Now people already have the game before the actual release date, arent the achievements and the social club a bit ruined? Cause there are already people playin it now, gettin achievements and stuff. Or does it start 29 april and the people out there playin it now don't count anymore, except if they restart again?

Im sure there are people goin for sum achievements, havin it now or gettin it the 29th, I kno I was goin for a pigeonhunt!

Ps. hi Poo

That's my thinking too because regardless of starting the race at the same time, people in this case have more experience, a few finishing the game already, as I understand it. MP is the only thing still as exciting to me

People were always going to have an unfair advantage simply because of time zones.

AUS gets the game hours before U.K, and U.K gets the game hours before US ect...

Dea7htrance
People were always going to have an unfair advantage simply because of time zones.

AUS gets the game hours before U.K, and U.K gets the game hours before US ect...

i bet i have more fun then them

I don't think so..

there run off your actual game, for instance

if i got the game on the 29th April and took 1 week to complete it, i might get on the board but you could buy it in six months time might take you 4 days to complete it, therefore you would still be higher ranked than me its not the fastest person from the 29th if that's what you were thinking.

Yours

[GTAIV]

i thought they where having 2 leadership boards for completing it

1 for the first 10? (i think) to get 100% completion and another for the top so many fastest times to complete the story

wat rockstar should have done is make the game WITHOUT the stuff for the social club and then in about 2 and a half hours from now...when the first legit copies of gta 4 will be released make the patch available that then puts all the stat tracking and social club stuff in and give ppl already part into the game a choice to either restart or not be ellgiable for the leaderboards for that playthrough...but still have it track stats for all the other stuff just not anything that playing it early would give them an advantage at..or even release the patch say 30 hours from now...when everyone will have the game and have the annoucement for this on there page...but then again maybe there is a similar mechanism already in the game that will detect if they started early i dunno

They may co relate achievements to time spent in game, so someone who got it early will be number one for a few days but someone else can still beat them because they did it faster in game time.

I don't think the early players will be anything to worry about, they will just look like kings for a day then the real players will wipe them off the board. Unless of course they are actually quite good, then their place is well deserved.

Now people already have the game before the actual release date, arent the achievements and the social club a bit ruined? Cause there are already people playin it now, gettin achievements and stuff. Or does it start 29 april and the people out there playin it now don't count anymore, except if they restart again?

Im sure there are people goin for sum achievements, havin it now or gettin it the 29th, I kno I was goin for a pigeonhunt!

Ps. hi Poo

You just feel left out. I don't think its ruined at all. I am a little worried about killing devs though; that achievement might not ever be achievable!

OY! We'd better get it before you - we're paying twice as much!

I agree with the point about record setting and holding, but all dependence on skill and knowledge of the game, if you're to be first, I guess, you have an unfair advantage. colgate.gifmonocle.gif

i thought they where having 2 leadership boards for completing it

1 for the first 10? (i think) to get 100% completion and another for the top so many fastest times to complete the story

wat rockstar should have done is make the game WITHOUT the stuff for the social club and then in about 2 and a half hours from now...when the first legit copies of gta 4 will be released make the patch available that then puts all the stat tracking and social club stuff in and give ppl already part into the game a choice to either restart or not be ellgiable for the leaderboards for that playthrough...but still have it track stats for all the other stuff just not anything that playing it early would give them an advantage at..or even release the patch say 30 hours from now...when everyone will have the game and have the annoucement for this on there page...but then again maybe there is a similar mechanism already in the game that will detect if they started early i dunno

I don't think there's a good way to implement it other then everyone would have gotten the game at the same time. While some are naturally gifted as I'm sure we'll see, any lead time up to a week or so in this case, is time well spent honing skills on tough missions, controls, and the like.