GTA IV FOR PC THIS 30. November 2008 FOR REAL!

liljoenewyork

no. heaps of artwork like that happened when there were like 88 days of waiting for the game. it might but i would wait for R*'s confirmation first

edit: welcome to the gta forums

This one is hard to tell. Its plausible but very unlikely. However, that being said there might be some truth to this. We will have to wait and see. Take this with a grain of salt and call me in the morning. OP I am not doubting you but you have to admit based on what we have heard, this is not likely to happen.

GTA3Freak-2001

There are many stores that I know of listing a PC version and mostly its simply wishful thinking or they are relying on the past situations of a PC version coming out later.

This one is hard to tell. Its plausible but very unlikely. However, that being said there might be some truth to this. We will have to wait and see. Take this with a grain of salt and call me in the morning. OP I am not doubting you but you have to admit based on what we have heard, this is not likely to happen.

Why is IV any different? I'm not trying to argue, I just don't understand.

And personally I really hope it does come out on PC.

Are you basing it off of R* saying they probably won't do it? If that's the case, why do you think they aren't?

I just find it strange that they'd put the other ones out on PC then just stop.

This one is hard to tell.  Its plausible but very unlikely.  However, that being said there might be some truth to this.  We will have to wait and see.  Take this with a grain of salt and call me in the morning.  OP I am not doubting you but you have to admit based on what we have heard, this is not likely to happen.

Are you basing it off of R* saying they probably won't do it? If that's the case, why do you think they aren't?

Because before they've never said a PC version is very unlikely.

Who is a more reliable source than R* themselves?

If there is going to be a PC version, I'd imagine it would only be out in a year or so. Current "average" PC gamer hardware isn't up to the job... so releasing the game soon will either result with limited sales to people with amazing PCs, or having to dumb the games' physics/graphics down to run smoothly on current average hardware.

Who is a more reliable source than R* themselves?

If there is going to be a PC version, I'd imagine it would only be out in a year or so. Current "average" PC gamer hardware isn't up to the job... so releasing the game soon will either result with limited sales to people with amazing PCs, or having to dumb the games' physics/graphics down to run smoothly on current average hardware.

What the hell you talking about??? a average PC would be able to run gta 4 easily. A nvidia geforce 8600gts would probably play the game on high at 1024x768+, and the physics well you can pick up a cheap duel core anywhere now such as a pentium D

This one is hard to tell.  Its plausible but very unlikely.  However, that being said there might be some truth to this.  We will have to wait and see.  Take this with a grain of salt and call me in the morning.  OP I am not doubting you but you have to admit based on what we have heard, this is not likely to happen.

Because before they've never said a PC version is very unlikely.

No, they haven't. That site was/is bullsh*t.

Yq5y51Y.png

na on pc like 90% of the ppl dl the game instead of buying it would probably be a waste of time for them since they hardly earn with that,

i know ppl download xbox games, but thats like 5% , on pc its about 90% of the people who download it

na on pc like 90% of the ppl dl the game instead of buying it would probably be a waste of time for them since they hardly earn with that,

i know ppl download xbox games, but thats like 5% , on pc its about 90% of the people who download it

How long did it take you to make up those stats? 90% of people download PC games? If that was true then the PC Game industry would have gone bankrupt long ago.

well ye but r* signed up to steam so if they sell gta 4 for that it will dramaticly lower the illegal download rate

How long did it take you to make up those stats? 90% of people download PC games? If that was true then the PC Game industry would have gone bankrupt long ago.

not a hard guess u can download games evrywhere, even if u search on google for a game ull find a download link.

edit: probably even on the first / second page without hard searching

edit: + on pc the online multiplayer will be hacked within a week with millions cheaters , like evry pc game

Edited by Johan342

not a hard guess u can download games evrywhere, even if u search on google for a game ull find a download link.

I'm aware of how easily available games are to download. But a more realistic figure would be about 1% for consoles and about 5% for PC users.

I'm aware of how easily available games are to download. But a more realistic figure would be about 1% for consoles and about 5% for PC users.

pc, way more then 5%, i dont know anyone that has bought a pc game in the last 5 years, apart from a few who bought css , but most people just downloaded that too, steam doesnt decrease it that much.

The PC version WILL be annouced in the following months. It will then be released several months after the announcement. Don't believe the skeptics. Ive been through this procedure for Vice City and San Andreas for the PC version.

@ the people saying it will have to be "dumbed down" to run on a current PC: Peope said that about SA, it worked at close to max with a moderate video card at the time. Same thing will go ahead with this version, veering towards more powerful video cards. Current market cards will run fine.

@ downloading: 90% of PC games downloaded? Come on. Support your arguement with more realistic fake stats.

That said I'm getting a console version, can no longer stand waiting an extra year to get the game.

Stores here are just predicting an October release, we'll see at the end of the year.. Oct, Nov. Or 2009!? monocle.gif

b4rtsimps0n

I thought that citydisc website was posted last year too, offering a pc version of the game. But I don't know it they said a date back then.

That crazy website is the only one saying anything about a pc version (except for all the rumors) and it even has a date already..doesn't seem very reliable tounge.gif Just wait for an official announcement from take 2.