IGNs Head to Head

Protest2

On IGN insider they do comparisons between two versions of a game, and pick a winner, heres the key notes.

Basically the game runs great on both systems, ps3 has the edge.

PS3:

Slightly Better Anti-Aliasing

Slightly Better Performance

^ both due to the 3.4 gig install

More sensitive to find the sweet spot for free aim

Motion Control: works for helicopters, not so much for bikes.

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Get what ever version your friends are getting, because the MP with them outweighs any of the differences.

I wish the 360 had the option for an install but oh well, its going to be great.

Edited by Protest2

On IGN insider they do comparisons between two versions of a game, and pick a winner, heres the key notes.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Get what ever version your friends are getting, because the MP with them outweighs any of the differences.

I wish the 360 had the option for an install but oh well, its going to be great.

When you add in the exclusive episodic content for the 360, it completely destroys any small advantage the PS3 version may have and puts the 360 version way, way on top.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

When you add in the exclusive episodic content for the 360, it completely destroys any small advantage the PS3 version may have and puts the 360 version way, way on top.

That depends entirely on what you're looking for in the game.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Oh yeah?

Are you looking for more game or more antialiasing?

You don't like more game? When why are you getting GTA4 at all, if you're not looking for gameplay in the game?

Capricornus

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Meh, it's just one of those filthy fanboys. Look at his sig. Speaking of his sig, the bitch you used in comparion with the pS3 is skinny as f*ck. Could have at least used a wonan with some damn curves.

Anyway, I agree with IGN, get the version your friends are getting for the MP. BUT, I am happy to see this due to tme mass amount of gay ass fanboys bashing the PS3.

caprisig.jpg

We already had an entire thread like this with over 20 pages of raving fanboys going off on which version is better

We really dont need to go through this again

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Oh yeah?

You don't like more game? When why are you getting GTA4 at all, if you're not looking for gameplay in the game?

do you like spending more money on game that is already ridiculously big? DLC only matters for people who are willing to fork out enough money to buy it. Also 3.4 gig install on ps3 nervous.gif my hard drive is already getting filled up enough

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Oh yeah?

do you like spending more money on game that is already ridiculously big? DLC only matters for people who are willing to fork out enough money to buy it. Also 3.5 gig install on ps3 nervous.gif my hard drive is already getting filled up enough

Since when is more of a good thing, suddenly a bad thing? I should also note that Microsoft made it up to Rockstar as to whether they charge or not. Obviously they will, but I'd have to be an idiot to not buy it.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Well, for one thing, the PS3's visuals may (based on what's been said) allow for a more convincing, cohesive experience than the 360 might otherwise do... you might prefer that to DLC.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Well, for one thing, the PS3's visuals may (based on what's been said) allow for a more convincing, cohesive experience than the 360 might otherwise do... you might prefer that to DLC.

They said it has slightly better antialiasing, wow.

IGN's comment is being blown so out of proportion I'm starting to feel like I live in an alternate reality. A more convincing and cohesive experience? Damn man.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

IGN's comment is being blown so out of proportion I'm starting to feel like I live in an alternate reality. A more convincing and cohesive experience? Damn man.

I haven't compared them, so I can't be sure. But it's been hinted at in certain reviews that the PS3 has more than a subtle visual edge.

Might be completely exagerrated, I don't know.

Just throwing it out there...

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

I haven't compared them, so I can't be sure. But it's been hinted at in certain reviews that the PS3 has more than a subtle visual edge.

Why are you being so reasonable? You're throwing me way off here. wow.gif

Of course a potential 20-30 hours extra gameplay is better. Who cares about aliasing? I just found out most people here don't even have an HDTV and are playing it on 20-inch TVs. What's the point of minor AA advantages with a TV like that?

It will only benefit those small portion of people with PS3 + an HDTV. Other than that, a majority of Xbox 360 owners will have actuall new levels that PS3 people would pay another $50 I bet. When the vidoes and pictures start trickling in, nobody is going to remember the PS3 alising advantages.

Why are you being so reasonable? You're throwing me way off here.  wow.gif

biggrin.gif I find it amusing how much people here are like rabid wolves ready to fight to the death rather than admit any kind of weakness.

There's a diplomat in all of us. tounge2.gif

The funny thing is Kotaku say:

The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic, but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip.

The two versions are so close to identical, visually, that putting together a comparison was a challenge. Initially, it appeared that the PS3 suffered from more noticeable aliasing than its 360 counterpart, but after eyeballing the final retail copy, they appear to be on par. I noticed that the paint filter applied to cover some of the game's imperfections appeared a tiny bit muddier on the PS3 version, with night time scenes seeing more streakiness. Some of these minor complaints may be the result of our particular television settings and require the finest of fine tooth combs to assess.

That totally contradicts what IGN wrote lol.

http://kotaku.com/384422/which-version-of-...nd-360-versions

skitzofraen

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Some reviews also stated that the 360 had better anti-aliasing + slightly better framerate, and that the ps3 version looked a little muddy compared to the 360 version... But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

PS3:

Slightly Better Aliasing

360:

Sharper color

Verdict:

Meh, it's just one of those filthy fanboys. Look at his sig. Speaking of his sig, the bitch you used in comparion with the pS3 is skinny as f*ck. Could have at least used a wonan with some damn curves.

Anyway, I agree with IGN, get the version your friends are getting for the MP. BUT, I am happy to see this due to tme mass amount of gay ass fanboys bashing the PS3.

but 360 owners do get exclusive content.. he is making a point, do you want a game that looks slightly better, or is ten hours longer?

defibrillator

If you have a ps3 buy that copy. If you have a 360 buy that copy! And yes, I would be willing to spend another 50-60 dollars for more of a game that I will have already enjoyed. I know you are defending your side, but come on? MORE Grand Theft Auto?!? How can you say you just want the original to look a little nicer? People will obviously contradict other people, but in the end it's if you want a nice looking game, or a longer one.

I wasn't claiming anything, just giving an example. I too would choose DLC over 'slightly better visuals'. But I don't think you can value the 360 version that much higher over the PS3 based on assumptions made before the game has even officially come out.

Look at his sig. Speaking of his sig, the bitch you used in comparion with the pS3 is skinny as f*ck. Could have at least used a wonan with some damn curves.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I just want the f*cking game.

God, I f*cking hate the fanboys in this topic. If you are a fanboy, please go choke on cock.