How early should I get there

andsteele

I was going to get to my local gamestation about 30 minutes before midnight but now I'm unsure. I don't want to be there too early and find nobody shows up or get there too late and find its sold out because the line was too big. What time are you guys going for the midnight release?

sushiskeems

Yeah Im trying to figure out when I should go also. One of my friends is going at like 7:30 but thats going to be the longest wait until midnight cause of the anticipation. Does anyone think it'll be safe to go at like 11pm?

crobert0247

Make sure you have it paid off well before Midnight. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif Just get there by 11:00-11:30PM. That is what I am doing. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I paid mine off two months ago, But I'm still new to this midnight release thing, Does that mean I'm guaranteed a copy, if so I'll just go at midnight and not wait in the cold...

crobert0247
I paid mine off two months ago, But I'm still new to this midnight release thing, Does that mean I'm guaranteed a copy, if so I'll just go at midnight and not wait in the cold...

Yep. Just show them your reciept and you'll be on your way. biggrin.gif

If you preordered, midnight releases are dumb as f*ck. They hold your copy for a couple of days anyways.

user posted image

crobert0247
If you preordered, midnight releases are dumb as f*ck. They hold your copy for a couple of days anyways.

notify.gif Dumb for all other games but GTA. These are the only games to consider for midnight release IMO. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I preordered so I'm going to go at like 12:30 and just run in and grab it so I can play for a few... quite a few long hours

got a call sat morning confirming that they had a copy for me he said for midnite pick up be there about 11;30. so am gonna try get there bout 11;10 see if i can be 1 of the first ones in southport to get me copy 1st. hehe devil.gif

Well im going to go there around 6 or so because the way our gamestop is doing it is you walk in, show them your receipt and/or ID. Then they give you a receipt with a number on the back. Then you can leave and do whatever and come back at midnight and stand in line by number. I love this way lol.

Well im going to go there around 6 or so because the way our gamestop is doing it is you walk in, show them your receipt and/or ID. Then they give you a receipt with a number on the back. Then you can leave and do whatever and come back at midnight and stand in line by number. I love this way lol.

Ah that's awesome. Hopefully the gamestop here is doing theirs the same way.

Now just watch people camp out until 6 pm tomorrow so they secure a good spot in line tounge2.gif

you have to be there about 5-7 hours in advance. I've been to several mid night launches. Its tough, but its what you have to do. 1/2 before you'll be last in line.

I'll be at my local Gamestop about an hour before release. The employees already guaranteed that I would have a copy at midnight but I still want to go early just in case!

28 hours!

throughthetrees

i don't get it, why bother to wait outside the store 5-6 hrs - if you preordered it, that means they'll reserve a copy of the game for you, so why not just show up at 12:10am when the line disappeared?

LesPaul5391

I'll be arriving at 11:59. It'll take a minute to give them the six dollars I have left to pay, and then I can get it go home.

If you haven't pre-ordered, I would play it safe and get there at 10:30-11:00. If you've pre-ordered you can show up whenever you want without worries.

I went to the midnight release for San Andreas in Hull.

Got there at 9:30 pm, absolutly dead, no-one turned up till 11:00 when there was like 3 people, then by 11:30 completly crazy!!!!!!

I'm camping out for 12 hours! I've got a tent with a mini propane stove. I've got it all baby. I know its gonna be so crazy I want to be the first in line. I'll probably bring my ps3 along with my smaller hdtv and hook it up to a generator so I can keep busy all day. Once I get it, It will tkae me tell morning to pack up, then I'll sleep all day. probably play it sometime over the weekend when its all said and done. sweetness!

I might be going to the midnight launch, and if I do it'll be between 8-9pm... I got STAR testing on Tues/Wednesday, so I gotta get some rest.

AHHH... Monday is gonna be a pain in the f*cking ass, a regular day of school! mad.gif

No point in going more than an hour early if you've already got your copy paid in full. Why sit for 4 hours to be the first in line, when the line when you can be last in line and still be out before 12:30? Not to mention being able to laugh at the people that camp all goddamn day to get the game 10 minutes sooner. The line at Gamestop will be full of people who are already paid in full anyway, so it's not like you'll be waiting for assholes to trade in games to pay it off right at midnight. I went for the Halo 3 one at 9pm like Gamestop said last year. I'm still pissed that I sat there for 3 hours, and there was no tournament.

I am going to gamestop at 10 because they are having big celebration and door prizes, plus thats when I get out of school.

I was told by a gamestop employee to come at 10

JOL_Anthony_JOL

I'm camping out for 12 hours!  I've got a tent with a mini propane stove.  I've got it all baby.  I know its gonna be so crazy I want to be the first in line.  I'll probably bring my ps3 along with my smaller hdtv and hook it up to a generator so I can keep busy all day.  Once I get it, It will tkae me tell morning to pack up, then I'll sleep all day.  probably play it sometime over the weekend when its all said and done.  sweetness!

If you are going to go through all of that trouble to get it. You know your ass is going to play it as soon as you get home. Don't lie.

Supernutz40

Gamestop dude (my friend) told me I didnt have to have it paid off, just reserved ($10). He also said that if I showed up at 12:15 12:30 ish that most people would be gone and I wouldnt have to wait in line as long... I guess I'll see what happens...