GTA IV first day sales...

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

You probably know that Halo 3 has the record for the first day (first 24 hours) sales figures in entertainment history. I think it brought in around $175 million.

Do you think GTA IV has a chance of beating that record? happy.gif

Blackadder.

Of course.

Halo 3 came out on one console, GTA IV will be coming out on two. So even if one version doesn't make as much as Halo 3, the other version could easily make up for it.

user posted image

BobsYourUncle...

Yes, I think it has the chance of beating that record without a problem smile.gif

Hala-what?

GTA IV will become the fastest selling game of all time. Mark my words.

tough call.

gta is a great game, but we'll have to wait until 30 apr. to see if it wins tounge.gif.

and if u include pre-orders, doesnt it have to break 400 million? i think thats what halo made with pre-orders

Nintendouche

considering Halo was a 360 exclusive i would say yes it shall beat Halo

i hope it does aswel it certainly deserves it

GTA IV has to be the most wanted game on the xbox 360, more so than Halo 3. It easily has those sales, now imagine it on the PS3 as well. It has the potential to double the sales, but with, correct me if I'm wrong, less PS3 owners than 360 owners, it will be more like 150% of Halo sales. It will easily beat Halo 3. The figures will be scary. colgate.gifbiggrin.gif

ALSO, Halo 3 didn't have any of the problems whereby preorders were filled. I remember I didn't preorder until a week before release on play.com and still received it on the day. That means there are already more preorders, let alone sales to come.

Y0urSw33t666

after gta you'll be like.. "what halo?"

Ive always thought "what Halo" lol tounge.gif

Thats not a fanboy comment, just never liked Halo.

EDIT: Yes it definitely will smile.gif

Proportionally, prbably not. In total, without a doubt this game will quadruple halo sales in all. Not sure about first day, but first day it will outsell halo's first day.

There are just that many more PS3 and Xbox 360s out there nowadays, halo was only on xbox, and you would not believe how many people ONLY play GTA. There's video gamers, then there's GTA players. It truly is two different pots, even though you can be both, the both are still there.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Ofcourse. And it wont be a disapointment like Halo was.

GTA 4 is allready gold, Halo didn't go gold untill first week or some sh*t. HALO is crap. Its never really changed over the years.

vagabond HT

yes it will sell more than Halo 3, i think Generic console shooter 3 (halo 3) had mixed reactions from fans after the poor ending of Generic Console shooter 2 (halo 2)

i am only calling it Generic Console shooter since Microsoft stole the PC game and made it xbox exclusive

[MenaceMovies]

Only xbox 360 users went to get Halo 3. GTA:IV is on xbox 360 AND PlayStation 3 so just imagine what it will be like...

StateOfMind
tough call.

gta is a great game, but we'll have to wait until 30 apr. to see if it wins tounge.gif.

and if u include pre-orders, doesnt it have to break 400 million? i think thats what halo made with pre-orders

$400 Million!! huh, where did you get that number?