Please stop arguing

Tha Pirateninja

Christ, stop being cheapskates and buy both. Jesus wept.

After the comments by Kutaragi before the PS3 came out - saying you will have to work harder to afford our console for example - how they still have their impenetrable fan base is beyond me. They're no better than Microsoft.

Tha Pirateninja
Nice effort and while I agree 100%, the people who this is targeted at won't listen because they are fanboys and no matter what they like to argue about their console being better.

So unfortunately this will probably get locked.

I will literally cry if the mods lock this before they start locking fanboy arguments. I don't believe the fanboys should be banned immediately, however, there should be some sort of strikes system.

Well there should be a strike system for being a sanctimonious prick

I had no idea that I was a sanctimonious prick, so please explain. monocle.gif

killer grunt

What fanboys dont seem to realise is that if you buy it on the 360 how are you going to see the ps3 looks better unless you watch gameplay vids but whats the point in that if you own the game confused.gif

RenegadeJ06
What fanboys dont seem to realise is that if you buy it on the 360 how are you going to see the ps3 looks better unless you watch gameplay vids but whats the point in that if you own the game confused.gif

lol yer.. its not like when i get it for the 360 im gonna burst into tears thinking about how ps3 users are enjoying the slightly better graphics, fanboys are silly anyway. theres no getting round to them

If the PS3 is so fricking superior, how come neither are at 1080p and there are more full-res games on 360 at the moment?

The Xbox boy's know deep within the PS3 version is superior. Just need to give them time to submit and accept, since as they say, time is the greatest healer.

Peace.  icon13.gif

You wouldn't feel the need to make posts like that if you were confident enough that you bought the best version.

That's true. But I'm a bit of a bastard like that.

Tha Pirateninja
Christ, stop being cheapskates and buy both. Jesus wept.

After the comments by Kutaragi before the PS3 came out - saying you will have to work harder to afford our console for example - how they still have their impenetrable fan base is beyond me. They're no better than Microsoft.

Lol, I know what you mean. I personally hate both companies for screwing their costumers over at every turn. But their's no denying thst they can make some damn good consoles. My true allegiance in the gaming industry is to my favorite developers, the guys that actually care and make the games we all love.

The Xbox boy's know deep within the PS3 version is superior. Just need to give them time to submit and accept, since as they say, time is the greatest healer.

Peace.  icon13.gif

You wouldn't feel the need to make posts like that if you were confident enough that you bought the best version.

That's true. But I'm a bit of a bastard like that.

Now that I can relate to.

i use to be a fan of sony until ps3 turned into a failure console imo. And these ps3 fanboys just dont shutup, they go on and on how they think a 2 second faster load time or less pop-ups is like zomg 100000x better than xbox. Just grow up already, its a game it is amazing and it isnt even out yet. So STFU with these posts saying "LOLOL my system is better than yours" When they are exactly the same. What console came out a year before the ps3 and still competes with it visually and performance wise?

the PS3 fanboys seem worse and more ignorant than anyone else, and are the fat nerds who sit in their house Fapping over what new Final Fantasy game comes out next.

If the PS3 is so fricking superior, how come neither are at 1080p and there are more full-res games on 360 at the moment?

I know. It's because both versions are too similar and have no noticeable differences aside from the online play/DLC.

I know. It's because both versions are too similar and have no noticeable differences aside from the online play.

Exactly. It's like trying to choose between two twins. One's gonna have slightly dorkier hair, but she might have perkier tits.

For the same reason that all people are told they are the children of God.

Wouldn't be good for Rockstar if they made one version better than the other from a marketing POV would it?

Wouldn't be good for Rockstar if they made one version better than the other from a marketing POV would it?

Why not? Xbox San Andreas looked better than PS2 version, because it was a stronger console, so why not this time, if the difference was so vast?

Tha Pirateninja
i use to be a fan of sony until ps3 turned into a failure console imo. And these ps3 fanboys just dont shutup, they go on and on how they think a 2 second faster load time or less pop-ups is like zomg 100000x better than xbox. Just grow up already, its a game it is amazing and it isnt even out yet. So STFU with these posts saying "LOLOL my system is better than yours" When they are exactly the same. What console came out a year before the ps3 and still competes with it visually and performance wise?

the PS3 fanboys seem worse and more ignorant than anyone else, and are the fat nerds who sit in their house Fapping over what new Final Fantasy game comes out next.

I agree with your anti-fanboy perspective, but don't go bashing the PS3. Those are the kinds of sparks that set off the flames of consolewar.

Tha Pirateninja

Why not? Xbox San Andreas looked better than PS2 version, because it was a stronger console, so why not this time, if the difference was so vast?

It was superior because there were 6-8 months of extra development time for the Xbox version. These two were made at the same time, making them nearly identical.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm really bad at avoiding double posts. tounge2.gif

I know, I know, but my point is, there isn't much difference between the two consoles bar the obvious disc format and how the PS3 is harder to code for. Therefore all this bullsh*t fanboy crap, is just that. Crap.

Tha Pirateninja
I know, I know, but my point is, there isn't much difference between the two consoles bar the obvious disc format and how the PS3 is harder to code for. Therefore all this bullsh*t fanboy crap, is just that. Crap.

Well said, but now a fanboy is going to attack you with "STFU n00b BETAR GRAFIX ARE NOT TEH CRAP" or "R U CALLIN MY 50 GAZILLION HOUR DLC CRAP???".

BrokenMonkey
Ok, I am VERY tired of seeing all of these fanboy rants on the forums, especially the 24 page graphics thread. Here are the advantages of each version, from a non-fanboy perspective:

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

-Slight visual edge overall

360:

-Richer colors

-Two DLC packs due for August and December, both 10+hours each

-Easier to use online with more features using Xbox Live

There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical. If you like superior visuals, the PS3 is for you. If you like extended gameplay and better online, go for the 360. The moral of this thread is that:

IT'S GTA IV EITHER WAY, IT WILL KICK ASS ON BOTH CONSOLES, AND YOU CAN STOP ARGUING OVER WHICH IS BETTER, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE THE SAME FREAKING GAME.

I shouldn't even have had to make this thread, but there are too many children on this forum defending their console of choice. Sorry to those who are mature enough not to argue, you honestly shouldn't have to read this.

I smell a PS3 fanboy. Nobody ever said the PS3 has "far less" pop-in, just that there's a little bit less. Same with load times. The PS3 might be 5 seconds shorter for all we know, and in all your playing it might not even add up to the 30-minute install time so it's a moot point.

Tha Pirateninja

Ok, I am VERY tired of seeing all of these fanboy rants on the forums, especially the 24 page graphics thread. Here are the advantages of each version, from a non-fanboy perspective:

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

-Slight visual edge overall

360:

-Richer colors

-Two DLC packs due for August and December, both 10+hours each

-Easier to use online with more features using Xbox Live

There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical. If you like superior visuals, the PS3 is for you. If you like extended gameplay and better online, go for the 360. The moral of this thread is that:

IT'S GTA IV EITHER WAY, IT WILL KICK ASS ON BOTH CONSOLES, AND YOU CAN STOP ARGUING OVER WHICH IS BETTER, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE THE SAME FREAKING GAME.

I shouldn't even have had to make this thread, but there are too many children on this forum defending their console of choice. Sorry to those who are mature enough not to argue, you honestly shouldn't have to read this.

I smell a PS3 fanboy. Nobody ever said the PS3 has "far less" pop-in, just that there's a little bit less. Same with load times. The PS3 might be 5 seconds shorter for all we know, and in all your playing it might not even add up to the 30-minute install time so it's a moot point.

Hey idiot, check out my sig, see that? IT'S A GAMERCARD, A 360 GAMERCARD! I don't even own a PS3 (not until MGS4 at least tounge2.gif ), but I'm not going to not state the truth about it just because I don't own it. Oh, and "Far less pop in" is an exact quote from the IGN review, take a look:

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

I believe that, you sir, just got owned. icon14.gif

Edited by Tha Pirateninja

yawn.gif

Please don't do that too often, or you might not be here for the release.

Crimson Engage

What the f*ck is wrong with you people!? One major review site reviews the game and fanboys appear attacking the xbox fanboys and vice-versa. That was one review. Writen by a guy who rights mostly reviews for PS3 games.

Take away the brackets (in particularly the 360) and what do you have? "Sure, thier are framrate hitches here and there and there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected." This means BOTH versions will have framerate/texture pop-ins.

Not to mention the VIDEO review where it was stated both are the SAME no matter what console you buy.

You people need to chill. I have both consoles and no matter what some review says i'm getting the 360 version because of xbox live functionality. Game play/friends > graphics/fanboys.

Just buy the game and be happy ffs...

What the f*ck is wrong with you people!? One major review site reviews the game and fanboys appear attacking the xbox fanboys and vice-versa. That was one review. Writen by a guy who rights mostly reviews for PS3 games.

Take away the brackets (in particularly the 360) and what do you have? "Sure, thier are framrate hitches here and there and there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected." This means BOTH versions will have framerate/texture pop-ins.

Not to mention the VIDEO review where it was stated both are the SAME no matter what console you buy.

You people need to chill. I have both consoles and no matter what some review says i'm getting the 360 version because of xbox live functionality. Game play/friends > graphics/fanboys.

gameplay/graphics/friends > 360's graphic

enough said get on with life you f*cking cry babies

gameplay/graphics/friends > 360's graphic

enough said get on with life you f*cking cry babies

Your second sentence is basically saying exactly what he just said.

maverick808

Page 5 of the IGN review clearly states that the PS3 version has "far less pop-in". Sorry, it's true. Go look it up if you want...PS3 has "far less pop-in"

hahahaha... this will soon be a full blown war... this was an excellent way to not to start one... moto_whistle.gif

I know. It's because both versions are too similar and have no noticeable differences aside from the online play.

Exactly. It's like trying to choose between two twins. One's gonna have slightly dorkier hair, but she might have perkier tits.

...and the other one is male!

...and the other one is male!

biggrin.gif

I don't care which version is better. This game is designed for fun. Not to flaunt which version is better.

What does the PS3, and 360 versions of GTA IV have in common?

They're both the same f***ing game.

Some of you people make it out as if the games are completely different to eachother.