Please stop arguing

Tha Pirateninja

Tha Pirateninja

Ok, I am VERY tired of seeing all of these fanboy rants on the forums, especially the 24 page graphics thread. Here are the advantages of each version, from a non-fanboy perspective:

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

-Slight visual edge overall

360:

-Richer colors

-Two DLC packs due for August and December, both 10+hours each

-Easier to use online with more features using Xbox Live

There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical. If you like superior visuals, the PS3 is for you. If you like extended gameplay and better online, go for the 360. The moral of this thread is that:

IT'S GTA IV EITHER WAY, IT WILL KICK ASS ON BOTH CONSOLES, AND YOU CAN STOP ARGUING OVER WHICH IS BETTER, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE THE SAME FREAKING GAME.

I shouldn't even have had to make this thread, but there are too many children on this forum defending their console of choice. Sorry to those who are mature enough not to argue, you honestly shouldn't have to read this.

Coltrane's Muse

While I applaud your noble -- yet futile -- attempt at sating the masses, this topic is going to do nothing more than fan the flames of their fanaticism.

user posted image

lol im also against fanboy war. but from what u described ppl will be like: screw xbox live and dlc the game will be better in ps3!

we need to be carefull with the words we choose when dealign with fanboys.

How come the PS3 has four good points and the Xbox only has three? Fanboy.

/sarcasim

RenegadeJ06
Ok, I am VERY tired of seeing all of these fanboy rants on the forums, especially the 24 page graphics thread. Here are the advantages of each version, from a non-fanboy perspective:

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical. If you like superior visuals, the PS3 is for you. If you like extended gameplay and better online, go for the 360. The moral of this thread is that:

IT'S GTA IV EITHER WAY, IT WILL KICK ASS ON BOTH CONSOLES, AND YOU CAN STOP ARGUING OVER WHICH IS BETTER, BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THEY ARE THE SAME FREAKING GAME.

I shouldn't even have had to make this thread, but there are too many children on this forum defending their console of choice. Sorry to those who are mature enough not to argue, you honestly shouldn't have to read this.

Thankyou sir for your noble attempt to stop all this f*cking fanboyism. I for one hope it works, but it wont lol

There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical.

You just listed seven differences.

flyinhawaiian

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

Actually the PS3 gets DLC as well and has FREE online. Thanks.

Ok, I am VERY tired of seeing blah blah blah

Oh poor you. You know what what you can do then...

Tha Pirateninja

Good to see some positive responses, but just seeing the fanboy threads get locked would make my day.

How come the PS3 has four good points and the Xbox only has three? Fanboy.

/sarcasim

Oh the satire... lewl...

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

The "eventual" PS3 DLC doesn't really count as a pro considering nobody knows if it'll be on both consoles or not. The whole point of putting DLC in the 360 pros is cause it's exclusive. Making it a pro.

Coltrane's Muse
There, I spelled it out for you, both versions are nearly identical.

You just listed seven differences.

Grade-A ether.

user posted image

Tha Pirateninja

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

suicidal.gif I quit.

RenegadeJ06

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

suicidal.gif I quit.

lol at least you tried pal

Nice effort and while I agree 100%, the people who this is targeted at won't listen because they are fanboys and no matter what they like to argue about their console being better.

So unfortunately this will probably get locked.

Oblivion470

PS3:

-Far less pop in

-Better Anti-aliasing

-Shorter load times

360:

-Richer colors

Fan-boys = Fail.

Thanks for pointing that out.

sorry pirateninja, such is the way of the world. The whole point of fanboys is that they don't listen to reason and bash any current-gen console they do not own. Just be happy in the knowledge that there are some objective thinking people on the internet, and that you are one of them smile.gif

The Xbox boy's know deep within the PS3 version is superior. Just need to give them time to submit and accept, since as they say, time is the greatest healer.

Peace. icon13.gif

Also, for Pros on the PS3 you should put: Low failure rate, aka, no RROD. smile.gif

This is a GTA-related topic. If you're gonna add stuff like that you can stick in another con for the PS3, it looks like a fridge.

Tha Pirateninja
Nice effort and while I agree 100%, the people who this is targeted at won't listen because they are fanboys and no matter what they like to argue about their console being better.

I will literally cry if the mods lock this before they start locking fanboy arguments. I don't believe the fanboys should be banned immediately, however, there should be some sort of strikes system.

Tha Pirateninja

Also, for Pros on the PS3 you should put: Low failure rate, aka, no RROD.  smile.gif

I'm discussing the advantages of each version, not of the consoles.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

The Xbox boy's know deep within the PS3 version is superior. Just need to give them time to submit and accept, since as they say, time is the greatest healer.

PS3Fanatic couldn't possibly be a PS3 fanboy.

Edited by Tha Pirateninja

Peace. icon13.gif

You wouldn't feel the need to make posts like that if you were confident enough that you bought the best version.

Peace. icon13.gif

cmon man, that kinda talk is killing this thread. PS3 gets minorly better visuals/performance while 360 gets minorly better internet infrastructure.

Each to their own.

I will literally cry if the mods lock this before they start locking fanboy arguments. I don't believe the fanboys should be banned immediately, however, there should be some sort of strikes system.

Well there should be a strike system for being a sanctimonious prick