How teh EFF do the consoles pump out GTA4 GFX!?

D3lit3v2

i mean i read somewhere that the gpu on the 360 is the equivalent to a 7800GT so how the FARKING FECK does it render out those beautiful GTA4 graphics monocle.gif? There must be some kinda drawback, like it only shows 2xAA or something...

The PS3 is the 7800GT/7900GT.

The XBOX 360 is based on a ATI R500.

[intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz] [bFG Tech NVIDIA 8800 GTS 320MB OC2]

[2GB RAM DDR2 @ 333Mhz Each] [500GB HDD] [Creative Labs Audigy SE 7.1]

[19" ViewSonic VA1916w] [Acer FG965M Motherboard] [Windows Vista Home Premium]

[sony PlayStation 3 40GB HDD]

[samsung LE26R41BDX/XEU 26" Widescreen HDTV]

[Current PS3 Games] [Gran Turismo 5 Prologue] [GTA IV]

[WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2008]

Fuzzknuckles

Are we talking batteries here or what?

Bear in mind that a console doesn't have to run a fancy operating system in the background like a PC does, so it can devote all of it's processor power and GPU power to graphics and game engine. It doesn't have as much to do, so it's capable of making things look better.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Bear in mind that a console doesn't have to run a fancy operating system in the background like a PC does, so it can devote all of it's processor power and GPU power to graphics and game engine. It doesn't have as much to do, so it's capable of making things look better.

Thats a great way to put it! cookie.gif

makiaveli777

yeah, youre right..........i think mercie_blink.gif

what is AA and what is GPU???????????????????????

user posted image

Even if it devotes all it's power to the game, maybe it'll give it a boost to around 8600GSish. But still inferior to the high end PC's of today...

mercie_blink.gif All this technology talk

nothing technological has been posted on this topic yet so if you dont understand anything written here then please stay in school rampage_ani.gif

FFS can't you people just STFU and go to Wikipedia if you find something confusing?

i told you, eating right and exercise. thats how i do it.

Ah, you Canadians and your attempt at humor bored.gif

user posted image

makiaveli777

nothing technological has been posted on this topic yet so if you dont understand anything written here then please stay in school rampage_ani.gif

GPU and AA is technological isnt it?? and whe dont learn this in school i dont think anybody does, i geuss you will start learning this when you choose for a technolocigal way (dont know the name)

user posted image

AA = Anti aliasing and GPU = Graphics Processing Unit.

While the consoles may be based on older graphics card technology, the cards themselves are heavily modified to be pushed far further than the pc equivelent. Also, developers do an amzing job of pushing graphics and textures, and doing other things, like blurred backgrounds, or other such restrictions to keep the framerate smooth.

GPU and AA is technological isnt it?? and whe dont learn this in school i dont think anybody does, i geuss you will start learning this when you choose for a technolocigal way (dont know the name)

dozingoff.gifconfused.gifdozingoff.gifconfused.gif

makiaveli777

alright thanks for youre help.

user posted image

holla at a ni99a.

Crimson Engage

AA=Anti-Aliasing GPU = Graphics processing Unit

their talking about graphics cards.

Wont most PC gamers if IV ever came out on PC need Windows Vista or equivalent because IV would require DX10 minimum with a snazzy graphics card

user posted image

I am.

In college perhaps just a freshman

But that 7800GT stuff is new to me.

Posted on Ganton Ave. Slangin Rocks.

makiaveli777

holla at a ni99a.

user posted image

user posted image

I am.

In college perhaps just a freshman

But that 7800GT stuff is new to me.

Its just how powerful the graphics card is the higher the number, the better it is basicly

user posted image

Psyclon_Nine
i told you, eating right and exercise. thats how i do it.

Ah, you Canadians and your attempt at humor bored.gif

The best comedians are guess what? ....Canadian!

The cards inside the consoles may be of older tecnology, but thats what the developers have to work with, so find ways to improve how they perform with cleaver programing. Where with the pc they never push the limits programing wise because they dont have to as new quicker tecnology becomes available every few months.

Just to clear up:

AA = Anti-aliasing = How less jaggied the edges are around the characters/environment, so 2xAA would be smoother than no AA but 16xAA would be VERY smooth.

GPU = Graphics Processing Unit = How good the game is going look will be determined on the better card, this will also determine the depth of field, pixel shading and such.

I'm not an expert, that's what I've gathered from been a nerd. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif