The Internet is Ending?!

Ronnyboy

I hear there's rumors on the internets.

I think we'll be okay. There's always telephones and the single player campaigns.

Since when did the internet's backbones rely on AT&T? So, are they basing this just off of their already breaking infrastructure ( seriously, try having a connection go through AT&T in my state, it's terrible ), or are they saying they've done some research to track everyone else's too?

I would bet they are just trying to use this as some kind of argument against net neutrality. Though I doubt they're going to start traffic shaping like Comcast is, given how far up their ass the FCC is.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

kingvercetti

Sorry for the nooby question as I don't really know a whole lot about this, but what exactly is stopping the creation of more bandwidth, and how would ISPs go about getting more bandwidth? Can't they just "get more servers"? whatsthat.gif

user posted image

user posted image

vininfinite

Who needs the internet? We'll just run LAN lines to each others houses is all. turn.gif