City Photo

Alpine71

FiendishDog

Ugh... I hate that picture because it makes me feel like the rest of the world is covered in ocean. That's something that always bothered me about gta. The game always took place on a city/state in the middle of nowhere, but then again, if there was land rockstar would have to block it off or something.

I wasnt sure because it doesn't look as big as I thought Alderney would be

Here is another shot of the same island, More detailed and to the east of the other picture

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4319-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

I believe it's west again... notice the sun setting.

I meant to the east of the other picture, Not changing in actual direction

Presuming how small the islands actually are, My guess is there is going to be incredible detail in them

god im scared after looking the first screen, if thats is meant to be the busy city it sure doesnt look veyr busy :S

I wasnt sure because it doesn't look as big as I thought Alderney would be

Here is another shot of the same island, More detailed and to the east of the other picture

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4319-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

I believe it's west again... notice the sun setting.

I meant to the east of the other picture, Not changing in actual direction

Presuming how small the islands actually are, My guess is there is going to be incredible detail in them

Yea, they should be pretty detailed... that's what I got from watching leaked videos. In the right of that picture (after looking at the map of the island) there should be about 1/3 of the island out of the picture.

god im scared after looking the first screen, if thats is meant to be the busy city it sure doesnt look veyr busy :S

Id imagine the city would look busier closer to the ground.

straightedge

there is no Stauten Island lol it sunk lmao so they claimed Alderney to take it's place rofl happy.giflol.gif

Id imagine the city would look busier closer to the ground.

Thats what I was going to say, Its just because the city is way to far from the camera

I guess Alderney is much larger than I thought it was, there is much more of it to the right of the pictures I posted

Im guessing that will be my favorite area in GTAIV

HolyHondaEk4

that is definitely duke and broker. Alderney actually has grass. Besides look at all the projects. Alderney has a "downtown" district with office buildings...and all you see in the background of those pics are projects

Looks like Broker to me. It's made up of one part, it doesn't have a prison, no factories, an El-Train track... Yup, totally Broker.

that is definitely duke and broker. Alderney actually has grass. Besides look at all the projects. Alderney has a "downtown" district with office buildings...and all you see in the background of those pics are projects

Its Alderney, The Empire State building is on the lower part of Algonquin, and Alderney is to the left of Algonquin.

I didnt see it before, but its obvious, The sun sets in the west, and Alderney is to the west

Broker and Dukes are to the east of Algonquin, So the sun sets in the east huh?

It is NOT Dukes, Nor Broker. It's 100% NJ/Alderney.

Rotterdam tower is located at the south tip of Algonquin, and if you look to the left, you can see the island rounding at the bottom, so it is looking WEST and it's Alderney.

Do people really need to learn how to read a map?

Vanilla Shake

It is NOT Dukes, Nor Broker.  It's 100% NJ/Alderney.

Rotterdam tower is located at the south tip of Algonquin, and if you look to the left, you can see the island rounding at the bottom, so it is looking WEST and it's Alderney.

Do people really need to learn how to read a map?

This guy knows what he's talking about. Not to mention it looks as if it isn't wide enough to be Broker/Dukes, and the only other borough to have a skyline is Alderney. So yeah, definitely Alderney.

Plus, if it were Broker/Dukes, where are the bridges? You're forgetting the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Triborough Bridges, all three of which have been replicated in the game.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

HolyHondaEk4

lol now that gta 4 is based off nyc now some people think they know wtf they are talking about. All you see back there is projects, some docks, looks like some sort of industrial section to the left, and hmm more projects!!! The bridges could be more to the right away from the pic.

I would know what I am talking about...even if it is a game and I know they did a damn good job at taking the real place and rendering it in a video game but I can tell you, that is NOT Alderney/NJ whatever you wanna call it. And this is coming from a New Jersey native. Trust me I know my nyc.

lol on a second note...since when is New Jersey a piece of an island? Or on the coast? If you look at Manhattan into New Jersey all you see is land for miles. Please close this thread now.

lol now that gta 4 is based off nyc now some people think they know wtf they are talking about. All you see back there is projects, some docks, looks like some sort of industrial section to the left, and hmm more projects!!! The bridges could be more to the right away from the pic.

I would know what I am talking about...even if it is a game and I know they did a damn good job at taking the real place and rendering it in a video game but I can tell you, that is NOT Alderney/NJ whatever you wanna call it. And this is coming from a New Jersey native. Trust me I know my nyc.

Its doesnt matter how well you know "The Real World"

This is a game, they do not make it exactly like the real world, though GTAIV does follow NY and NJ, It doesnt mean that you will see your street in the game

If you know New Jersey so well, then tell me if the sun over there sets in the east?

Because in the picture is Alderney, Which is west of Algonquin

The sun just happens to set in the west (Except in New Jersey) [/sarcasm]

Jesus christ. I'm only saying this once. It's Alderney. I can clearly see the prison in the first screen shot. It's on the left side closer to Algonquin. The "L-Train" you say you see is a highway. I know cause I own the game. Also, lack of bridges such as Broker Bridge prove it's Alderney. Shove it up your ass. I know this game because I own it. Now please stop arguing like you got a vagina and some estrogen.

Peace dollar bill.

HolyHondaEk4

we'll just find out tomorrow won't we? But I guarantee you its Broker or Dukes.

ROFL at the hardass above me

Christ dude. I bought the game at a local rental store. They screwed up and sold it to me. Check my gamertag. I know it's Alderney because I was playing online at the prison and that's the prison. I WOULD KNOW.

Also, I've driven around Broker/Dukes so much in the beginning of the game, I know for a fact that is nowhere near what it looks like.

You are so ignorant its pathetic

Everyone knows that its Alderney, Get over it and find something you can actually defend

Also, to further prove to you it's Alderney, here's a few things to consider.

Let's pretend it's Broker/Dukes. That picture would have to be taken from the west to show it's on the east side of the map. Where's Bohan? Isn't that directly north of Broker/Dukes? Yet there are no bridges leading north to Bohan, when clearly this is totally a shot from the east of "Broker/Dukes".

This is Alderney. You lose. I hope you get married and live a wonderful life, you wonderful man you.