new euphoria technology demo

ishani

Hello everyone,

( Although this video has been linked to on the main forum, I just wanted announce it 'officially'... )

Firstly, I would like to thank all those on here who have been supporting our technology over the last year or so; It has been great to see how excited everyone is to play with euphoria for the first time! colgate.gif

user posted image

Secondly, if you haven't seen it yet, we have just updated the euphoria section of our website; this features a brand new euphoria technology demo video for your enjoyment. Hope you like it!

Cool video, thank you very much for that.

Playing with this in GTA4 is going to be a blast... We salute you for your hard work on our favorite game smile.gif

I got a chance to play with it a few days ago, and could have seriously spent two days just watching myself get run over, fall off buildings, or fly out of cars if everyone else didn't want to play multiplayer. euphoria is the coolest addition to GTA since triangles or Power Manager. wink.gif

Awesome video , I really love how it showed the contrast between ragdoll physics and euphoria's physics -- it's amazing.

Haha, awesome.

I love it. Just watching the little guys get dropped, poked, shot and thrown over and over again left me with a giant grin on my face. biggrin.gif

Euphoria looks simply AMAZING! Arguably the best thing to happen to video-games since the UnReal Engine.

Man I remember when I thought Ragdoll Physics was unbelievable... and that was just over a year ago.

Props guys! Incredible!

Thanx!

YourNeighborhoodKiller

That is wicked cool. Can't wait to try it out in the game. smile.gif

New account: Gezim

I've been dying to see this in games since i made my first scene in endorphin. Very amazing stuff.

Edited by jester7707

Vercetti Gangsta

One of the best deals Rockstar ever did was to sign a contract with Naturalmotion. Euphoria is revolutionary. icon14.gif

so what this is telling us is that we can run over a low fence on foot and trip? we can stand on a table and if something hits the table we will be able to see a random act of either landing or falling? if thats all true then im going to freeze myself and have someone thaw me out in two days.

GTA3Freak-2001

Very cool indeed, was just watching the IGN video review and honestly to see this technology in action is simply amazing!

DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Euphoria is great, but I think it has more potential...

Hopefully crowd simulation is next (people standing in line at stations/airport etc), pathfinding etc..

Now, we know what to do when someone asks what is euphoria? or Is euphoria an advanced ragdoll? tounge2.gif

NaturalMotion's other product, Morpheme seems cool too.

moonracer1313

While all the Euphoria videos I've seen are great I'm still waiting to see one thing; people getting back up. Are there any videos of this?

I remember hearing way back (I think about the Indiana Jones game) that when characters get back up from a non lethal fall it is equally complex and amazing. Characters even using their environment to help pick themselves up. I'm still curious to see if anything like this will be in GTAIV. If you get into a fist fight and know someone to the ground and they get up (even a little) differently each time that will be amazing.

I guess only a few days to fine out biggrin.gif

i can not wait until fighting games start using this engine. gtaIV is definitely the dream game to use it for though.

Great video - always fascinating to understand the building blocks behind game making. I'm looking forward to it's usage not just in GTA IV, but also in two Lucasarts games, Force Unleashed and the Indy game.