What will happen?

conjamuk

Using unnatural resources, we will make them as supplements and replacements for those that we have lost.

Although, interesting question though. I haven't really thought about it. Gas/oil are natural resources, so what will our cars run on?

War, famine and death. Law will break down. Far right government systems will emerge throughout Europe after a period of general anarchy. Certain nations will become increasingly theocratic also. The African peoples will be bought even further into misery and conflicts in the Middle East will drag in the Chinese.

The only nation to prosper during this time will be Cuba, as they have been living in a stunted manner for years.

War, famine and death. Law will break down. Far right government systems will emerge throughout Europe after a period of general anarchy. Certain nations will become increasingly theocratic also. The African peoples will be bought even further into misery and conflicts in the Middle East will drag in the Chinese.

The only nation to prosper during this time will be Cuba, as they have been living in a stunted manner for years.

When I read your posts, I struggle to think whether they are sarcastic or true. Enlighten me. Also, don't forget Jamaica; their foreign policy must be bowed before, it's that good.

I'm being serious. The future is grim. We have grown attached to luxuries that cannot be sustained. It'll all fall apart sooner or later. Almost ever society will be erroded to some level.

I'm being serious. The future is grim. We have grown attached to luxuries that cannot be sustained. It'll all fall apart sooner or later. Almost ever society will be erroded to some level.

I agree It cannot last forever.

Easy we'll die.

Oh, no doubt, I realized that, but the way you described what you were saying is quite amusing.

What do you think will happen after all our natural resources are gone.

I'll buy the rights to wind before-hand and make a killing.

oldschoolsigs14.png

kevin2006rhs

I have a generator that runs on love and happiness...not to mention enough glue sticks to supplement the fall of oil to sustain my plastic needs for the next 400 years.

I am set bitchs.

Struff Bunstridge
We have grown attached to luxuries that cannot be sustained.

...says the guy averaging 7 posts a day on a gaming internet forum. I don't think we use any luxuries which, if forced to give up, the average person literally couldn't carry on living.

It's something to be concerned about, but what can you do? Energy saving at the rate it's being pushed today really should have begun about fifty years ago. We've left it a bit late to start harping on about it. But, as I've already said in another thread, we're being pretty arrogant if we honestly think we're capable of wrecking the planet. It's survived worse than us.

We have grown attached to luxuries that cannot be sustained.

...says the guy averaging 7 posts a day on a gaming internet forum.

Erm...what have I done wrong exactly? confused.gif

Struff Bunstridge

You've done nothing wrong at all. Why so defensive? I just found it funny that someone with a somewhat established account on an online forum about computer games made a point about people being addicted to luxuries. I then pointed out that I didn't really agree with you. Er, that's it.

You've done nothing wrong at all. Why so defensive? I just found it funny that someone with a somewhat established account on an online forum about computer games made a point about people being addicted to luxuries. I then pointed out that I didn't really agree with you. Er, that's it.

I wouldn't call myself "addicted". But then true addicts never know they have a problem until its too late. My point is that all of us love the good life. Because we were born into it. Sure, we have to work hard, scrimp and save, put up with a government that seems to hate our guts but for the most part we have it good. And the problem is that humans often don't think in the long term. Some never entertain the thought that everything they know could be snatched away. Others have to suffer this as a fact of life. And I think that we will too.

Ronmar The Only

I would say that we will just find a new substance to exploit. There are plenty of other ways to get energy, just that oil is the easiest to use right now and makes the most money.

I posted a link to a website called lifeaftertheoilcrash.com a few weeks ago. It gives a pretty grim outlook on what will happen to the world when we run out of oil.

Struff: The world will continue to support life for many years. Humans will probably even remain on Earth for awhile. The question is how long can the planet support the type of lifestyles and populations that we have created.

My old post- http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=312694&hl=

Edited by GSXRSpeed

"Necessity is the mother of invention",we'll find a way to survive,we always do.

Maybe there'll be a lot of problems like war but I think it'll better that way.

Humanity has improved a lot since ancient times,we are not beasts like we once were despite what a lot of people say.

I think that in the future,we'll finally stop hurting others(Nature included tounge.gif ).

I'm usually very pessimistic so I really believe that'll happen blush.gif