Letter to blockbusters

Molineux

So, i was at work today (Blockbusters, NE of England).

Now normally our postman comes around 9:30am, and today was no different.

So my boss picked up the mail, and everything was fine.

Then at 9:55 we heard the letterbox snap close again, so my boss went over to it thinking somebody had returned a video in the wrong opening.

Instead it was a letter, that looked very official from R*.

So my boss opened it, and fell around the place laughing.

It was a letter, with official looking headings saying that the release date of GTA IV had been moved forward to tomorrow.

Now, i don't know about you, but i don't think Blockbusters are important enough to have hand delivered letters from R*.

So my boss rang R* to just confirm it hadn't been brought forward, and they confirmed it hadn't, just as we knew it hadn't.

So anyway, just wondered if any other game store employees had any morons trying to pull tricks on them?

Don't have pics, but if anyone doesn't believe me i'll get some from work tomorrow.

A 13-year old went into the local EB Games, claiming his father was a marketing manager for Take2 and that they should sell the game to anyone with a last name starting with the letter 'X'.

This was not only laughable, but also useless as his own lastname seemed to be 'Larson'.

Manhuntkotor

LMAO.

What a bunch of noobs..

thats seriously pretty funny..

I work at Movie Gallery and nothing like that has happened, at least not yet..

So, i was at work today (Blockbusters, NE of England).

Now normally our postman comes around 9:30am, and today was no different.

So my boss picked up the mail, and everything was fine.

Then at 9:55 we heard the letterbox snap close again, so my boss went over to it thinking somebody had returned a video in the wrong opening.

Instead it was a letter, that looked very official from R*.

So my boss opened it, and fell around the place laughing.

It was a letter, with official looking headings saying that the release date of GTA IV had been moved forward to tomorrow.

Now, i don't know about you, but i don't think Blockbusters are important enough to have hand delivered letters from R*.

So my boss rang R* to just confirm it hadn't been brought forward, and they confirmed it hadn't, just as we knew it hadn't.

So anyway, just wondered if any other game store employees had any morons trying to pull tricks on them?

Don't have pics, but if anyone doesn't believe me i'll get some from work tomorrow.

yeah probably just some idiot who printed off the fake letters that have been circulating the internet and is trying to trick you.

No need for pics...we've seen the letters...no doubt fake and no doubt one of your customers is just trying to prompt an early release.

Your manager's reaction doesn't surprise me...game releases never get moved up because of leaks...jesus..whoever thought of that is an idiot.

More than likely any person who comes up claiming the release got moved up...is probably the source of the letter.

Heh, that's pretty funny. You can't blame them for trying though, I'd do some stupid stuff too if I had even the slightest chance of getting the game early.

LOL! Brilliant! Brb, headin' to blockbuster

Hehe

Haha, i don't think it'll work somehow tounge.gif